• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire advice needed

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all, I've tried to solo DH twice on my sampire, both times didn't go so well, so I'd like some advice on what I could improve please.

My current setup is.
Stats without items are
103 str / hp 101
40 int / mana 60
112 dex

With items they are
120 str / hp 126
40 int / mana 70
150 dex / stam 158

Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
Jackal's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Fey Legs
Snake Skin Boots
Conjurer's Trinket
Crimson Cincture
Quiver of Infinity
Conjurer's Garb
Sleeves - 5/24/9/17/17
Gloves - stam inc 8, 20/23/5/21/9
Ring - str 6, dex 7, hci 11, dci 12, di 22
Brace - dex 7, dci 11, fcr 2, di 23

Resists in vamp form are
70/66/62/60/71

I've been using an ornate axe with HSL 44, HML 63, SSI 25 and DI 42.

I've been reading other peoples setups and some seem to have low int and higher str for more hp's for the big hits. I was thinking of dropping my int and raising str to 125.

I'm going to replace the jewels, gloves and arms with imbued items. The ring and brace will each have 8 dex, 15 hci/dci and 20 di - leaving me with one spare mod on each.

But I'm not sure what to have on the gloves and arms. I'm thinking between stam inc, hp inc, stam regen and lmc. I'd also like to have 70 in all resists, not sure if thats possible to reach just having resists on armour .. I'd rather not put resists on the jewels, but I do have the two spare mods. One option would be to join factions for the resist boosts on the RBC and fey legs.

I've got a token for some earrings of protection to help a bit with resists as well.

And to replace the slow ornate, I've had these three weps imbued

Radiant scimitar
HLA 44
HSL 50
HML 43
SSI 30
DI 40

Ornate axe
HLA 44
HSL 50
HML 62
SSI 30
DI 40

Rune blade
HLA 44
HSL 50
HML 56
SSI 30
DI 40

Any advice you can give me would be great.

C

Connor_Graham

2 things I see right off are the ornate axe you're using doesn't have 30 ssi, so you're swinging slower than you should be, and you've got too much Int. You need to move about 20 points of Int into Str. I'd suggest you go with the Rune Blade on the next attempt because with 150 dex and 30 ssi you're swinging at the cap, which is what you need. You could also use more poison resist, as I'm sure you're taking a lot more damage from poison than you'd care to. You definitely need to get the resists up though. Minimum I'd suggest for any sampire is 65.

P

pgcd

As far as tactics go, here's my 2 cents: DH curses you continuously, so you'll never be at 150+ stam unless you chug pots - take this into account (either with fast weapons or by chugging) and you'll see it's rather easier.
Also, watch your stamina: my deaths are 90% due to not watching stam closely enough and dying because I'm waiting for a leech that never comes.

S

Stupid Miner

Thanks for the advice guys :)
If you're an elf, imbue some wooden armor and enhance it. Since you're not using any relic fragment mods on your crafted pieces, it wont cost too much. Though you'll break several of them before you succeed.

94 Resist armor with 7 stam, 7 mana, 2HPR is pretty simple to make. (No relic frags or special ingredients at all)
... granted PoF costs will add up.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're an elf, imbue some wooden armor and enhance it. Since you're not using any relic fragment mods on your crafted pieces, it wont cost too much. Though you'll break several of them before you succeed.

94 Resist armor with 7 stam, 7 mana, 2HPR is pretty simple to make. (No relic frags or special ingredients at all)
... granted PoF costs will add up.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'd not thought of wooden armour :)

So I make it using a normal carp tool and wood, imbue, then enhance with wood to add more to the resists I need?

S

Stupid Miner

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd not thought of wooden armour :)

So I make it using a normal carp tool and wood, imbue, then enhance with wood to add more to the resists I need?
Yep. Also, PoF before imbuing. Will fail a lot.

N

NickyDishes

Why does everyone use the rune beetle carapace? Heart of Lion provides 15 dci and much better resists....mana regen and lmc are useless to me as a sampirebeing as tho i have mana leech on my weapon.....now mana increase i can understand but i have plenty with 20 int(40 mana as an elf). Another piece i dont understand and i dont use is the stormgrips.....i can get my resists and stamina up much better with crafted horned or barbed gloves with stamina increase. Int bonus 8 and a measly 25% di? No Thx....im not saying u guys shouldnt use them...I just dont know why u would considering what crafted pieces can do for me. i use heart of lion and crafted gloves on my suit and i do plenty of damage and have plenty of mana as a sampire without RBC or stormgrips. Anybody else agree?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree on the HOL being superior, but I can see the benefit of stormgrip, though I Don't use them.

@ OP: definitely boost your psn resist up to 70 for DH. Also, I wouldn't use an ornate or a runeblade. I recommend a Daisho. With 25 SSI on the Daisho you swng at cap as long as you're above 120 stamina. Also, DH usually wins when he gets two solid hits in a row and then poisons/spell dumps. I like the Daisho for feint. Any time he successfully hits me my next hit is a feint.

S

Stupid Miner

Why does everyone use the rune beetle carapace? Heart of Lion provides 15 dci and much better resists....mana regen and lmc are useless to me as a sampirebeing as tho i have mana leech on my weapon.....now mana increase i can understand but i have plenty with 20 int(40 mana as an elf). Another piece i dont understand and i dont use is the stormgrips.....i can get my resists and stamina up much better with crafted horned or barbed gloves with stamina increase. Int bonus 8 and a measly 25% di? No Thx....im not saying u guys shouldnt use them...I just dont know why u would considering what crafted pieces can do for me. i use heart of lion and crafted gloves on my suit and i do plenty of damage and have plenty of mana as a sampire without RBC or stormgrips. Anybody else agree?
Completely depends on how often you're going to use special moves. Which in PvM, typically isnt that often.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the advice all, i'll have a look at the heart of the lion and daisho :)

Lynk, what armour do you use, do you have alot of lmc with using feint?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the advice all, i'll have a look at the heart of the lion and daisho :)

Lynk, what armour do you use, do you have alot of lmc with using feint?
No I do not have a lot of lmc, mana pool is 40. I usually end up doing feint once every 10 swings or so.

I actually prefer leafblades over Daishos, but my guy hasn't eaten a 120 fencing scroll yet so I use swords and I don't want to waste a mod slot on UBWS.