• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

sammy/vamp/archer?

• Thread starter imported_catfish
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_catfish

why dont i see more sammy/vamp/archers around. why take the melee skill and stand toe to toe?

wouldnt an archer be better for something like a peerless since you can just keep your distance. a few of those peerless are quite slow.

parry would be a non-issue then. plus you still get the benefits of vamp and lightening strike and honor.

am i missing something?

E

Emil_surdeegen

you will die the most peerless got a suck special and hit you directly for 60 dmg (out parry) and alot of spells/poison breath meele skill is best

I

imported_catfish

so why does a melee skill help either of those issues you raised? i would think archer or melee would make no difference.

1) the suck special
2) spells or breath

the only thing i can think of is if you happen to be in the window you can cast evasion. if your an archer, obviously evasion wouldnt work.

is that it?

I

imported_Farsight

There aren't many sampire archers because the archer doesn't get hit a lot, making the health steal of the vampire form rather worthless. What is worth a lot more is the ability to mana leech, which is usually handled by the bow itself rather than wraith form (or whammy) because horses run a lot faster than wraiths.

So archers are better off being just plain samurai/paladins.