• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sammy/Chiv/Fencer How do you fit it all?

V

Valhakar

My main is Valhakar. Having recently returned from the days of the tank mage, he was super gimped. Well after a quick rebuild, he seems to still be gimped.

No power scrolls as of yet except for a stat scroll.

Str 100
Dex 100
Int 55

Anat 100
Bushido 50
Chiv 75
Fencing 100
Healing 90
Magic Resist 100 (it is too darn easy to raise this now days)
Parry 93.4 (Target 100)
Tactics 100

I have yet to gain perfection due to needing 20 hits, I am using a 2H short spear as my main weapon. I am also totally out of room as it stands, even more so when I get power scrolls.

My armor is a mix of Heratige gem items and Horned leather/studded. I am looking to build a MED suit to take advantage of the 20 Focus and 20 Med you get from JoAT. Current resists are 70-62-57-58-56, not stellar but decent.

I

imported_JediSith

<blockquote><hr>

When you get power scrolls. My suggustion would be

Str 100
Dex 100
Int 55

Anat 90
Bushido 120
Chiv 75
Fencing 120
Healing 90
Magic Resist 120
Parry 120
mabe rest in tactics

Armour -
Mace and Shield glasses, Rune beetle Carapse, Fey Leggings, Primer Arms Totem, Crimson Cirtue, Shield with High HCI and DCI.
Maybe a Ring of Vile, Also if for pvp use a vet robe if you are able.

[/ QUOTE ]

V

Valhakar

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When you get power scrolls. My suggustion would be

Str 100
Dex 100
Int 55

Anat 90
Bushido 120
Chiv 75
Fencing 120
Healing 90
Magic Resist 120
Parry 120
mabe rest in tactics

Armour -
Mace and Shield glasses, Rune beetle Carapse, Fey Leggings, Primer Arms Totem, Crimson Cirtue, Shield with High HCI and DCI.
Maybe a Ring of Vile, Also if for pvp use a vet robe if you are able.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shield? With 120 parry and 120 Bushido you get:

Chance of blocking with a shield: 5%
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 35%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 40%

That seems like a huge waste of a skill if you put on a shield and gimp out to 5% blocked.

If I had to scrap items for points It would probably be healing/anatomy. Chiv+ Sammy + potions

Bushido 120
Chiv 120
Fencing 120
Magic Resist 120
Parry 120
Tactics 120 (81% bonus vs the 50% bonus of Anatomy at 90)

With the above skills all natural skills, I could then focus on HP regen and DCI/HCI. I am not a "live for the gear" player, fact is I borrowed a set of LRC gear for the event and am returning it soon. That way when the equipment nerf bat comes, I have a balanced character less dependent on gear.

V

Valhakar

Well to reply to my own post, this is what I settled on.

Anatomy 90 (100 with a decent ring)
Bushido 120
Chivalry 75
Fencing/swords 110
Magic Resist 110
Parrying 120
Tactics 100

that is 725 total points. I am sure I can get the 5 skill points from some item. I could also see if 75 Chivalry would still allow EEO to be used effectivly.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple of things. Most notably, considering you'd rely on chiv to heal with that template I suspect you'd struggle for mana, even with a mana leech weapon and MR.

I'd suggest:

120 Fencing/swords (Up from 110. If you're a dexxer it seems silly not to max this out.)
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
100 Tactics
94.9 Anatomy
90.1 Healing
75 Chivalry

You can mess around with them, but I'd recommend sticking with those 7 skills. Magic resist is nice for PvP, but on this template you can't really fit it in. You could swap out healing for med or focus if you prefered, but again, you're back to healing with chiv, which isn't ideal.

If you lack the gold for the 120 scrolls then you can use 115s in the meantime and run

115 Fencing/swords
115 Bushido
115 Parrying
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
75 Chivalry