• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] samhayne bookcase

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, so this odd thing is both a container and a bulletin board, but does it spawn books inside it like bookcases in city libraries? i didnt notice any books in mine when i got it at the event but when i logged in like 5 hrs later to hand it off to be xferred it did have a book in it. did i just miss the book from the beginning or did it spawn one? if it does spawn books can anyone see this being an issue of some sort while being used as a container in a house?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmmm im not sure. the one i got hasnt spawned books, however its not locked down right now.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they do spawn books, mine was empty when it dropped (0 items in screenshot) but now has 1 item in it (in pack, not locked down)

a cool perk as i see it, wouldnt see this as an issue unless someone is really ocd about storage space.

to be used as a bulletin board in any practical sense the bookcase needs to be public, which would mean it would need to be locked down rather than secured. So i would assume that if it does in fact spawn books those would be auto-locked down.

Or, if your not using it for any personal items could just keep it public and visitors could help themselves to a book if they wanted one. Its good to see the EMs finally taking a stand for literacy in Britannia (i sometimes have my doubts judging from gen chat at times) :)

Last edited: