• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Salvaging in TC3

G

There seems to be some sort of problem. I salvaged a brand new pizza oven and got nothing. Perhaps the table on salvaging has not been lowered to reflect the catalogue prices?

G

nope, with the new lower prices of objects we get less craft boxes and often nothing..

G

I noticed this too. Things that use to give several boxes might give one or two now. Things that almost always gave one box of parts, like the mid size tv, now give nothing. I salvaged an old hot tub, it was bought prior to the price cuts, but still only got one box of wood and one of parts out of it. I hope they do something about this, it will definitely be hard for people to craft at this rate. With the catalog gone, we can't buy things to salvage on our own lots unless it's a store lot, and I've not seen craft boxes for sale anywhere in TC3.

L

legscroft

TTL

When I craft in TC3 now it doesn't remove any of my boxes from my invo. Perhaps that's why no one is selling them? I have no need to buy any more because all my crafting sims have the boxes they need in invo & they never get removed.

G

thats a cheat, err uh, bug, thats a bug and should be reported

G

I tried to salvage enough for a few tries at making a sprinkler, gave up on getting that many and tried with enough for one try, the 4 boxes of parts. It didn't take the parts from me, but I thought it was because I failed. I don't have the required skills, have part of them and thought maybe if I tried often enough I would succeed as happens a lot in other cities, but I tried many many times only to fail over and over. I never thought it was a bug, but I didn't realize if you make something it still doesn't take the boxes either. So yeah, it would be considered using an exploit, I do believe, and should be reported. Go ahead and do that, I've given up on reporting things myself, having reported things to no avail, I quit bothering.

G

the fact that you and other ppl are using it makes you an exploiter which is also a cheater. The fact that you didn't report and refuse to report it makes you just as bad as the ppl that bot for money.

G

I'm not using it. I failed, and thought it didn't take the boxes because I failed. They changed it to 0 for failures so I thought maybe they changed that too. I haven't made anything in TC3, ever. And until I read this thread, I had no idea of this exploit.

G

but you just read about it and said that you weren't going to report??

so you are encouraging exploiting then?

G

I said you can report it, they might like you, they pretty much ignore me. I've reported bugs, some more than once, it does no good. So go for it, report away. I know they read these boards, I also know of some who craft in TC3 who are real close to the devs, I'm sure someone with more pull would be better off reporting to them, don't you think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I said you can report it, they might like you, they pretty much ignore me. I've reported bugs, some more than once, it does no good. So go for it, report away. I know they read these boards, I also know of some who craft in TC3 who are real close to the devs, I'm sure someone with more pull would be better off reporting to them, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what exactly are you saying here?? Are there people better at getting info across than you??? What does it matter if they are closer?? You should still report it.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarah was advised of this issue several weeks ago at the Pub.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarah was advised of this issue several weeks ago at the Pub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keepin it real is keepin us updated.

G

Not mean, just telling it like it is

its still a bug that should be reported

I

imported_LFancey

CntryGrl,

We have this bug noted it was reported I think the same day it happened. We note all bugs. Actually getting them all resolved with our goals is another matter.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Oh.. well guess maybe I should read down all the way. What KIR said

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about it CG - consider the source.
Some people just love to be the Ben Gay in TSO's jockstrap.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about it CG - consider the source.
Some people just love to be the Ben Gay in TSO's jockstrap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Qute Pi

Later on when we have a bunch of crafts that didn't use salvaged supplies maybe they'll just take our crafts away like they do to fix all the other problems in the game.

I don't blame anyone for not bothering to report something anymore. It's not like the first beta where our subscription was free. Nothing ever gets done if its not on their current agenda. Why bother? Plus, I have a hard time believing EA Land won't have the same bugs TSO has had for years.

N

NightFlyer

I agree.... why bother reporting as they seem to not be worried about bug fixing these days.

G

Well lets see, last week they fixed the name change bug and the roof view bug, there have been others fixed as well. Reporting bugs is a testers responsibility.

G

they are not worried???

they have so much on their plate as it is.

as least by having it reported means that it is listed somewhere that they will eventually get too.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Well lets see, last week they fixed the name change bug and the roof view bug, there have been others fixed as well. Reporting bugs is a testers responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeppers, fixed a few things already, and like has been repeatedly stated, it has been reported and the team is aware of the salvage issues.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I won't bother naming the bugs we've had around for years. So they fix a couple bugs, I guess they deserve a cookie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you niki.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Reporting bugs is a testers responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who play "test center" and do not report bugs are well, I won't violate the RoC.

The bottom line is... If you have opted to play a test city and you don't report bugs, don't complain about them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The bottom line is... If you have opted to play a test city and you don't report bugs, don't complain about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

but can we complain about people not reporting them?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

N

NightFlyer

"I won't bother naming the bugs we've had around for years. So they fix a couple bugs, I guess they deserve a cookie."

Amen sista.

I

imported_SimTripps

If salvaging no longer produces the number of boxes it used to, and failed attempts to craft an object doesn't take the boxes... isn't that a good thing? Instead of looking at it as a bug, maybe it should just simply stay this way as a part of crafting gameplay...

G

somewhere in here they said that even when you succeed it doesn't take the boxes either.

I

imported_SimTripps

Oh... well then, that's another thing entirely lol...