• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Saltpeter

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
looking to buy a ton of saltpeter. I want to get back into making fuses again. I would need anywhere from 15-60k saltpeter to start the process... it’s ok to mine it best that takes forever as well. So I will continue to mine if needed. Message me if you have some for sale. Thank you

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looking to buy a ton of saltpeter. I want to get back into making fuses again. I would need anywhere from 15-60k saltpeter to start the process... it’s ok to mine it best that takes forever as well. So I will continue to mine if needed. Message me if you have some for sale. Thank you
if you are mining it, you may as well buy up the vendor on the floating market to supplement. just mine in between runs, iirc several folks have a boat set up for quick transport there.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
if you are mining it, you may as well buy up the vendor on the floating market to supplement. just mine in between runs, iirc several folks have a boat set up for quick transport there.
i was trying to do that but i worked it to 999 and then never saw anymore after that. someone else might have been buying it then too :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was trying to do that but i worked it to 999 and then never saw anymore after that. someone else might have been buying it then too :)
Take someone there who can hide between purchases, he'll rarely log out on you and doesn't let anyone know someone is buying from the alchemist. Some restock times vary, as quickly has half an hour to two hours, typically one hour. I do the buy session a couple times a year. I've had someone start buying the vendor out on me as well. Had to wonder if my crafter Landreu being busy at the house for hours on end made someone curious what Tanivar might be up to.

Got a rune to a ship at the Sea Market on my mailbox. The house with a lighthouse on the west coast of Zento.

Last edited:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Take someone there who can hide between purchases, he'll rarely log out on you and doesn't let anyone know someone is buying from the alchemist. Some restock times vary, as quickly has half an hour to two hours, typically one hour. I do the buy session a couple times a year. I've had someone start buying the vendor out on me as well. Had to wonder if my crafter Landreu being busy at the house for hours on end made someone curious what Tanivar might be up to.

Got a rune to a ship at the Sea Market on my mailbox. The house with a lighthouse on the west coast of Zento.
I will have to try do that again then :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Grrrr...still waiting for them to fix that ridiculous free gate bug.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a lot of time on the floating docks buying saltpeter and found that if I have a couple toons there and login and logout of each one the vendor seems to update when it seems "stuck".

Also.. I always keep a ship nearby and a rowboat for back and forth drop offs. The reason being that I find the vendor updates more frequently when I don't have any salt peter in my backpack.

Maybe it's just superstition or dumb luck.. but those tactics worked well enough for.me so that I am sitting on a lifetime supply. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a lot of time on the floating docks buying saltpeter and found that if I have a couple toons there and login and logout of each one the vendor seems to update when it seems "stuck".
I'll be doing a buy around the Holidays and try this. Those two hour waits between restocks are annoying when they happen.

Also.. I always keep a ship nearby and a rowboat for back and forth drop offs. The reason being that I find the vendor updates more frequently when I don't have any salt peter in my backpack.
I usually just buy it and drop it in the bank right there so mugging Tanivar's not as tempting for you light fingered souls. :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be doing a buy around the Holidays and try this. Those two hour waits between restocks are annoying when they happen.

I usually just buy it and drop it in the bank right there so mugging Tanivar's not as tempting for you light fingered souls. :)
Heh. Smart man... ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk