• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sallie

S

son of quade

As my sisters have done, I also want to express my thanks to all of you who have posted such nice thoughts about our father. It is good to know that he had people out there who even though they may not have known it where helping him during his struggle the last few years. It was I who sent the last message from Sallie to Hekate to let him know that the end had come. That was his message that I left, and had I known what an outpouring of support would be coming from it I would have certainly added more detail. It was important to him that you all knew he was gone, and I now can see why. Thank you all again, and God Bless...........Mike Shaffer - son of quade (aka sallie)

N

Nefertiti pt

I didnt no Sallie, have read the post but i was without words.
Your father was much appreciated buy her friends and many support people gave to your family

God Bless you and your family and friends always show in this times of pain.

Hope everything is going ok

R

Ravencroft

Thank you Mike. Sallie really was loved by so many.
Hug to you and the rest of your family

echo

I

imported_CaesarDoP

Welcome son of quade,

As I have told your sisters, sallie's little girl and Suzie, your father, My Friend and U-Hall Brother will be missed. I have been in contact with Suzie in real life and I am glad that all of you can see what your father, our friend ment to us.

Your father and I were to have met in real life this Saturday on 10-4, Susie shared with me that he tried to hang on for that meeting, but God needed him more. And I guess I can live with that. Your father and I will have our meeting one day, when we share a coup of coffee sitting by the window in Gods house.

Peace be with You son of quade

Caesar

F

Fugazi

Its sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.

He was a UO player like the rest of us and an avid poster.Sal's posts were always a joy to read and they always brought a smiles to our faces when ever we read them.It does not matter if some didnt know him because he was one of us,a UO player and UO is a big big world he will be missed by us all an never be forgotten.God bless him,you and your family.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gifFrom the lads in Wales Sal /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif missed but never forgotten.

S

Synergy

In rememberance of a fine man....Sallie.

To his family, I can assure you that he will not be forgotten.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Thank you so much for coming here...and even more, for your thoughtfulness in notifying Hekate.

You must miss him even more than we do. His absence has left quite a void here, which I am gratified to see being partially filled with shared memories. He had such an indomitable spirit...a wonderful legacy.

Thank you for allowing us to share in your grief. We are thus honored.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises cup in toast to sallie*

Nice to meet you..sir. As you can see your dad was well loved here.

G

Let me offer up my condolences to you in your time of grieving. Your father will be sorely missed, but he leaves behind a full life and many wonderful memories for those that knew him. In the end, isn't this what we should all hope to leave behind?

G

As I told your sister's, I read Sallie's posts and his posts on the UO forum as Clyde, and believed him to be a kind and gentle man.
Even now the "love he shared" of the game and with posters here is still spreading here.
And in itself that reflects what kind of man he was.
I believe he is smiling proudly at his children that came here to recognize all of us.

Thank You

I

imported_Gwyneth

Sallie will be greatly missed. It's a tribute to his gentle spirit that even those of us who did not know him personally feel a profound sense of loss at his passing.

God bless... and may you and your family find comfort in the sharing of your many happy memories.

H

Hekate

Thank you for sending that PM Mike. No more detail was needed as it was enough to understand what had happened and why... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

My depest condolences to you, your sisters and the rest of Ron's family.

/Martin

T

themeecer

I can't imagine the grief this has put you through. I have been absent from the boards for a while so I didn't get to know your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers.

C

Croc Hunter

I lost my beloved Aunt a few months ago
I have still not recovered
I don't think I ever will
God, please guide us daily in our lives

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hugs* Mike, to you and your family. Your Dad LIVED and has you to show for it! That's what counts!! What a wonderful legacy he left this world. Thank you for posting your Dad's last message, and for being here and responding to everyone like this.