• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Sakura Rares Festival Silent Auction Houses - Rules And Information - [12/26/16 - 1/7/17]

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello everyone!

This thread is about the Sakura rares festival silent auction houses. The festival will be held from December 26th, 2016 to January 9th, 2017. For other information about the festival please see this thread: Rares Fest - Rare Collector's Festival Sakura Dec 26th 2016 - Jan 9th 2017

I have already begun accepting submissions, so you can submit your items at any time. If all of the houses are full I am also happy to hold items just in case a buyout opens a new spot.

My ICQ is 678566021

Important Note: I will be out of town from December 24th to January 2nd. During that time @BrianFreud will be taking care of the auction houses and adding new items to them in my absence.

General auction information and definitions:

(1) The 10 minute rule will be used for all items. The 10 minute rule means that a bid placed within 10 minutes of the auction ending, will extend the auction time on that particular item by 10 minutes. For example if the auction ends at 9:00 PM, but someone places a bid at 8:59 PM, the auction is then extended until 9:09 PM. The 10 minute rule will continue until one bidder has the highest bid for 10 full minutes.

(2) Bids placed on the exact second the auction ends will NOT be considered valid. This means that if the auction ends at 9:00 PM a bid placed at 8:59 PM and 59 seconds is valid, but a bid placed at exactly 9:00 PM will NOT be considered valid.

(3) The term "Reserve" means the minimum amount an item can sell for. If the reserve on an item is 200 million, then 200 million is the lowest bid that can successfully win the item. Any bids lower than the reserve will not win the item.

(4) The term "Buyout" means the price the item can be purchased for immediately, essentially bypassing the auction entirely. If the buyout on an item is 800 million and someone bids 800 million, they instantly win the item and can collect the item from the auctioneer. A buyout cannot be outbid, if someone has already bid the buyout, they will still win even if someone offers double that amount afterwards.

There will be four silent auction houses, and the traders auction house at the festival. Here are the rules and end times for each one:

Silent Auction House #1:
  • Items must be worth approximately 150 million gold or more to be entered into the auction.
  • Items in the auction can have reserves and buyouts, but reserves and buyouts are not required.
  • The auction will end Saturday, January 7th at 9 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
Silent Auction House #2:
  • Items must be worth approximately 150 million gold or more to be entered into the auction.
  • Items in the auction can have reserves and buyouts, but reserves and buyouts are not required.
  • The auction will end Saturday, January 7th at 10 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
Silent Auction House #3 (upper house):
  • If space runs out, 'no reserve' items will have priority.
  • The auction will end Sunday, January 8th at 9 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
Silent Auction House #4 (lower house):
  • If space runs out, 'no reserve' items will have priority.
  • The auction will end Sunday, January 8th at 10 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.

Traders Auction:

Items of special interest, rare items of reasonable value, player artwork (bag art, etc) may be entered into the auction. Please use your fest vendors for low-end items, or where values are relatively stable. (Example: Use your vendor for gift tickets.) The appropriateness of an item for this auction is left to my discretion. No buyouts please, although reserves are permitted.

Because Brian has work in the morning after this auction, he will not be staying online long after the auctions end; He will meet with winners on the weekend after work to deliver items. Unless specified on the specific bulletin board, payment can be made (only) on Sakura or Atlantic.

Traders Auction House #1 (left side):
  • The second floor will be reserved for gift boxes and other containers.
  • The 4th floor will end Friday, January 6th at 7 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 3rd floor will end Friday, January 6th at 7:15 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 2nd floor will end Friday, January 6th at 7:30 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 1st floor will end Friday, January 6th at 7:45 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
Traders Auction House #2 (right side):
  • A limited number of auction boxes will also run on the first floor. Legendaries and similar items will run on the auction boxes and end on their schedule, not with the rest of the house. I will set up a separate mailbox next to the auction boxes. Items for the auction boxes will run as space permits. To allow new items to quickly be run on the boxes, please pick up your wins as soon as possible.
  • The second floor will be reserved for gift boxes and other containers.
  • The 4th floor will end Friday, January 6th at 8 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 3rd floor will end Friday, January 6th at 8:15 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 2nd floor will end Friday, January 6th at 8:30 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule.
  • The 1st floor will end Friday, January 6th at 8:45 PM Eastern Time plus the 10 minute rule. (Except for the auction boxes)
I hope everyone has a great time at the auctions! :)

Here are some pictures of the items in Silent Auction House #1 and #2:

Silent Auction House #1:

First Floor:

House1Floor1.png

Second Floor:

House1Floor2.png

Third Floor:

House1Floor3.png

Fourth Floor:

House1Floor4.png

Silent Auction House #2:

First Floor:

House2Floor1.png

Second Floor:

House2Floor2.png

Third Floor:

House2Floor3.png

Fourth Floor:

House2Floor4.png

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
is there an auction house for other rares like neon gift boxes things not worth 150m? not sure if gift box is considered rare lol

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should vet the items to see if they are really worth 150 mil or more before putting up at the auction house that could be taking up someone else's spot.

I am there now looking at some items already at the auction house and what the seller is asking and what has been sold for are far far apart. I.e. wishful thinking vs reality. For examples, A Replica of The Posion's Fury Artifact. The entire box and it's contents couldn't get you more than 500 mil and the statue alone has a buyout of 1 plat +. Also the spinx statue, that's been duped so many times that it went as low as 100 mil just so people can get rid of it and it has a starting bid of 400 mil?

At the last Fest, Nails did a great job of vetting the submissions so I hope this happens here as well.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You can use another auction house for the box
Traders auction house is designed to handle almost everything, including relatively cheap items. Host by BrianFreud
Yup; the mailboxes went up last night - I'm already assuming 1 floor will be gift boxes, perhaps 2 depending on how many more come in.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Both of my silent auction houses are now full due to an unexpected surge in submissions (I was given almost 100 items in the last 3 hours).

However, we do have a backup plan. @BrianFreud is currently building two additional silent auction houses so people can continue submitting items to the rares festival!

Starting in a few hours, I will be gone until January 2nd. If you would like to submit items for the rares festival silent auctions, please give your submissions directly to @BrianFreud while I am gone. Brian will also be in charge of the official opening of the auction houses, so please send any questions about that to him.

This is currently what we have:

Silent Auction House #1 - Captn Norrington (completely full)
Silent Auction House #2 - Captn Norrington (completely full)
Silent Auction House #3 -BrianFreud (under construction)
Silent Auction House #4 - BrianFreud (under construction)
Traders Auction House - BrianFreud

This is looking like it's going to be an amazing rares festival, I hope everyone has lots of fun! :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
My carpenter will be transferring to Sakura in an hour or so. I will be setting up the traders auction houses, as well as the two additional silent auction houses, tomorrow.

For ALL submissions for ALL auctions, please drop items in the mailboxes at the traders auction house, bagged, with a book with your contact info and any reserve/buyout info.

Tentatively, we're looking at the traders auction ending on the 6th, silent auction houses 1 & 2 ending on the 7th (as above), and silent auction houses 3 & 4 on the 8th.

I will be setting up and handling submissions/etc for silent auction houses 3 & 4, at least during pre-fest while the Captain is away. After he's back, we will both be handling those 2. Unfortunately I won't have my work schedule for the 8th until the afternoon of the 7th, so I'll just have to hope that I'm not scheduled to work. If I am, Captain Norrington will handle the end of those auctions, and I will work with him to release and deliver those items once I'm home from work.

As these 2 auction houses weren't in the original plan, they're not on the main strip. They can be found at the far east side of the fest, below the Doorfest houses. I will be setting up teleport tiles to link them to the other auction houses tomorrow, when my teleport tiles arrive.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very bummed that many (including myself) were not given a chance to submit any items for the main silent auction, but i suppose that happens when things are scheduled right on the holidays. im sure there will be feedback asked for after conclusion, but just seems like bad timing / planning all around.

hopefully be there by today or tomorrow depending on the schedule of transfers.

Last edited:

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
very bummed that many (including myself) were not given a chance to participate in the main silent auction, but i suppose that happens when things are scheduled right on the holidays. im sure there will be feedback asked for after conclusion, but just seems like bad timing / planning all around.

hopefully be there by today or tomorrow depending on the schedule of transfers.
At the moment, most items that have biding buyout were items its I submitted. 10 item or so.
Because I needed money early, I used cheap pricing for some items. Someone who grabbed them was may have lucky!

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
First, let us thank everyone who has already visited the Sakura Rares Festival!

So that everyone is aware of what's going on, an unexpected and unknown bug affected the Silent Auction house #2. We do not know the cause, and the GMs are investigating. After server down on the evening of the 25th (December 26 8:15 AM JST), the floors of that house fell, and several problems were encountered:
* A part of the house's customized floor on the second story fell down to the first floor,
* Some customized house floor tiles of the first story disappeared (near the stairs to the 2nd story),
* All bulletin boards went to the moving crate,
* 4 items and their descriptive books disappeared completely,
* Items which remained on display had fallen down (along the z-axis).

The house has been restored as well as possible to the state in which it existed before the server downtime.

However, the following four items, along with their descriptive books and bulletin boards, are completely gone. The GMs have said that they will not restore them, though they are investigating to find what caused the problems.
* A Barrel Of Explosive Used In The Gunpowder Treason Plot To Destroy Castle Blackthorn
* Contained Essence Of The Time Lord
* Flying Piglet
* Server birth painting (10 stones, small red lady facing south)

Several items are impossible to continue auction 4 items (including my 3 items)
Now We just closing house and
We need it is necessary to maintain the current situation, For investigation of GM, but for the rest we are considering moving the item and board to another house and continuing auction

Lot 103. Flying Piglet(i have spare)
Lot 104. Barrel (i have spare)

I would pay well to find those substitutes
Lot 109 Server berth Painting
Lot 105. Time Lord Forge

sorry. I do not know if I can get an early solution
maybe @Mesanna is vacation time

The GMs are currently investigating this situation. During that time, the GMs have asked that we leave the house as it is, while they investigate. We are giving them the time they need, and that house is currently set to private. However, we also recognize that this is an auction, and that time does matter. Therefore, unless we hear otherwise from the GMs and Mesanna, we will reopen the items in Silent Auction House #2 on the 30th, either in that house, or in a different location. We appreciate everyone's patience while we deal with an unavoidable situation.

Last edited: