• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Sake???

I

Infiniti

My beggar is at 97.0 and I've been at Heartwood a LOT. I have 3 turnips and 2 empty wine bottles but can't seem to get the much coveted (by me anyways) bottle of sake. Is there a special npc you get this from or is my skill too low yet? Thanks in advance for any/all advice. :sad4:

L

Lord Drakelord

My beggar is at 97.0 and I've been at Heartwood a LOT. I have 3 turnips and 2 empty wine bottles but can't seem to get the much coveted (by me anyways) bottle of sake. Is there a special npc you get this from or is my skill too low yet? Thanks in advance for any/all advice. :sad4:
I'm still trying to get the empty bottle myself. The sake is just as hard and the % of chance in getting any of the 1% items is just a random roll on the dices. I got two extra garlands, one extra fish steak, and two extra fishing poles.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question about the sake. Is it it a pitcher or is it a bottle?

B

Beastmaster

Its a small bottle like the ones you can buy in Zento.

Chances of getting a bottle of sake are the same at 97 as they are at 100 or 73. No particular NPC is more likely than another to give you one.

W

Warrior of Time

Its a small bottle like the ones you can buy in Zento.

Chances of getting a bottle of sake are the same at 97 as they are at 100 or 73. No particular NPC is more likely than another to give you one.
Basicly what Beastmaster is saying is there is very little chance of getting one.

I got my first after getting enough turnips to plant a garden, and enough empty bottles to start my own winery.

NO one gets MY sake.

M

Muu Bin

The RNG seems to be thine enemy. I happen to have begged the turnip and then the sake a few days apart while my skill was in the low 80's. I have only 3 of the level 3 items left... the plate of cookies, the fish steak, and one of the garlands.

Good luck to all you beggars out there :grouphug:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just got my first fish steak yesterday.

I still don't have the cookies or the sake, but have doubles and triple of nearly everything else (other than those 3 items), counting different facings as different items. In fact, I got two fishing poles within 24 hours (in two 1-hour begging sessions) Thursday & Friday mornings.

I have 6 or 7 wine bottles, and 4 or 5 of each garland, so those are the ones I'm getting in excess.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, the ever elusive Sake. AKA the Beggars Holy Grail.

I'm still waiting for mine as well. The RNG is the enemy when it comes to the drops. I have a full set of items with a few duplicates that I sold (extra wine bottle, fish steak and garlands).

Part of me wants the sake drop to hold off until after a GM tagging system is put in place (and I actually reach GM), but the realistic part of me knows that may never happen (the tagging, not me GM'ing), and just wants to complete the collection already.

Just hang in there, and keep begging. Eventually the almighty RNG will grace you with a bit of luck.

I

Infiniti

Thank you all for your answers. I have everything except the elusive Sake...doubles and more of everything else. When I finally do get a bottle of Sake I will display it forever, LOL. :D

I

Infiniti

I'm at 99.4 now and I finally received the bottle of Sake, also found an empty bottle of wine discarded by another beggar. When I got to 99.4 I decided to use an alacrity scroll of begging that I have been saving and it didn't work at all. :sad4: So guess it's back to the grind to get my beggar to gm.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're so close! Just power through it and you could be GM by the end of the day.

Congrats on the Sake. I'm jealous.

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm at 99.4 now and I finally received the bottle of Sake, also found an empty bottle of wine discarded by another beggar. When I got to 99.4 I decided to use an alacrity scroll of begging that I have been saving and it didn't work at all. :sad4: So guess it's back to the grind to get my beggar to gm.
!!!!!!!!!!! I been trying to get a bottle for ages

S

Salty Pete

The best way to use the begging alacrity scroll is to use it for your GGS gains.

You log in, get your gain and quickly log out (at an INN, at your house or at a tavern). DO NOT use this character again until the next time your GGS comes up. At that point you log in get your GGS gain and log out.

Doing this you will get .2-.6 or more per GGS gain until your character spends 15 mins in the game. I was able to get my final 3 full points of begging in five days this way.

I

Infiniti

I only had the one alacrity scroll for begging...but I'm up to 99.8 now. Got a plate of cookies and a turnip but just want to gm now.

I

Infiniti

Thank you Black Sun and hopefully I will be another GM Beggar by days end.

Lord Drakelord if you are on the LS shard I will gladly give you an empty bottle of wine as I have a full set of beggar items and extras on most things. I now have four extra empty bottles of wine and I was surprised to see that someone had tossed the one I found at Heartwood.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at 95.6 and gaining slowly. I've been sitting here macroing for about 4 hours now, and I'm running out of book to read. I may have to take a short break and run to the bookstore before the day's out.

I

Infiniti

Make sure it is a BIG book, *giggles*. I was at Dot Island with 7npc fighters but got bored and went to Heartwood city. Now I'm stuck in there as there is a major invasion going on right at the gate. Found that out when I tried to leave, lol.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! I'm on my way now. Been working it pretty much all day and I'm at 96.5, and planning on going for at least another 4 hours. I WILL have this finished by next weekend. It's boring as hell, but on the upside, I think I now have the richest beggar on catskills!

I

Infiniti

Thanks Black Sun. You are right, it is very boring indeed. I think I nearly got corpal tunnel but it was sure worth it to finally reach gm after nearly two years of begging off and on. Good luck to you and be sure to post when you reach your goal. :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday when I had ample time to ponder the mysteries of the universe (read: sitting there blankly staring at my screen, mashing my macro key over and over again, and letting my mind wander off), I got to thinking that it's already been a year since I started my beggar. I've been working it pretty much straight along, took a few weeks off recently, but the Halloween event inspired me to finish. Last night I hit 97.1 before logging off. I'm almost there!

W

Warrior of Time

Can we say EXCITED!!! Just GM,d Begging. :party::pint::cheerleader::danceb:
congratulations.
It is a long rough road. Feels good to finally get where your going. I personally feel the trip is worth it. I been a GM beggar for over 2 years. I still remember the pain from the gains.

I have 3 tamers and the beggar is much much harder. That is why over and over as I post in here I feel we need to proudly show what we are. After all these years I want others to know I AM a BEGGAR. After 135 months I find being poor is much harder than being rich in UO.

I

Infiniti

Thank you Warrior of Time. It was a long haul and I'm proud to be part of the begging community in UO. I do wish beggars had more special items that only they can get not counting the halloween stuff as that only comes once a year.

W

Warrior of Time

I would even be willing to use a 1st year gift to get a statue. They make an interactive one for other monsters.
I am sure that most will agree that getting to GM begging is a monster.

M

Muu Bin

Make sure it is a BIG book, *giggles*. I was at Dot Island with 7npc fighters but got bored and went to Heartwood city. Now I'm stuck in there as there is a major invasion going on right at the gate. Found that out when I tried to leave, lol.
The same happened to me in Heartwood shortly after the invasion even started up. I went to leave and ran right into a very large but unruly group of demons. They appeared to be up to no good, smoking behind one of the buildings and when they spotted me, well... I was done for. I'm sure it was a one hit kill but really, it was impossible to tell since there were so many.

I managed to get resurrected back inside Heartwood and then stealth back outside to my poor, lifeless, slightly warm corpse. To my utter horror I discovered that I had been looted!! A bag full of begging rares. The unfortunate part was that I had two such bags... one which was only 3 of the rare items short of a full set and the other with my doubles of the 3rd tier items. Any guesses on which one was looted?

Yes... I got to keep my doubles! I'm sure there are lessons to be learned here and I will let you all take away what you will from this story. So... I am now back in Heartwood, still working on my skill to become GM and with any luck, the gods will be kind to me and let me replenish those items which were cruelly taken from my corpse by those nasty, filthy hell-spawn.

Regards,
Muu Bin :D

W

Warrior of Time

My hope is that the person that killed it, (If it did) placed the same value on it that we do.