• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sailing guide updated according to the new expansion!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated the Sailing Guide on the UP website to reflect the features of the new Adventures on the High Seas expansion. You can access it by clicking on the boat icon at the bottom of the main page.

G

gonzo2

Excellent summarization Hawk, very very useful. I'm using the old client, is there any known expense (not that it matters) to upgrade to the new client and is it better? I really like the old client but wouldn't mind upgrading if it is decent.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Enhanced Client is free. It will take a while to get used to it, but when you learned how to handle it, it has lots of technical advantages (like customizable hotbars for all kinds of complex macros, resizable map, works on any screen resolution, zoomable game screen, smooth movement etc.). You need a 3D graphics card though, but a mediocre one with 512MB will do.

I wrote something about how to customize that client here, which may be useful for you although the client has received several updates since then.

G

gonzo2

Think I'll download and upgrade.. I have plenty of memory running the 1gb pci express card on the quad core I built. See how it looks and go from there.. I'll read that link though for info as well. Thanks