• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Sage's Holiday Auction Series Part II

Avery Chessy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6. EM Miko's Halloween Mask [replica] - 25m
7. EM Helio's Halloween Mask [Replica] - 25m
11. Babycakes Toy Oven - 185m
16. Santa's Sour Milk Left Out From last christmas (Catskills 2010) 5m

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think its too been 10 min already, but just in case.
10. Grand Champion Jhelom Pitfights 2011 = 145 mil

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
10 minutes past the last bid applies

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the 10 minutes apply to every item?
Or just the item that is still being bid on?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Just the items being bid on past 7pm pst friend as per the initial post

Last edited:

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, ok thank you claudia.. I didn't get one of the big ticket items but atleast i won me a new halberd.. It will look good with my marble plate suit =)

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my bid was like 2 minutes past 7 pst.. I hope that short time doesnt affect my bid. I know i was a tad late but after my bid noone else placed a bid for that item...
I couldn't get on sooner I am a huricane sandy victim and was stuck putting in a new floor. I didn't realize the time I dont have any clocks in my house(they were all destroyed) at the moment other then the one on my comp.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was actually 7:06 not 7:09 lol =)

so i was 1 minute over the 10 minute period from your bid then

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you read the rules i did make it in time to place a bid...

""After the ending date and time if there is a bid in the next 10 minute set, the auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids.""

Ending time was at 7.. Then by the rules of the auction there was a 10 minute grace period to place a final bid before the auction closed on that item. So essentially the end time was 7:10. And my bid was in before 7:10

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
promise to sort you all out in the morning friends. Unless in good old fashion of the Rares forum community you can come to an agreement based on the auction rules.

Part three is just around the corner and I know no one wants to miss that ::)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
WOW your auction had over 1500 views! Nice going!
Just an Old Sage friend traveling the lands of Sosaria with a few duplicate things to sell :)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Also if you read the rules i did make it in time to place a bid...

""After the ending date and time if there is a bid in the next 10 minute set, the auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids.""

Ending time was at 7.. Then by the rules of the auction there was a 10 minute grace period to place a final bid before the auction closed on that item. So essentially the end time was 7:10. And my bid was in before 7:10

Rules are very clear. You all tell me who won. In the morning we are delivering items and rolling out the next set of items. This is the rares community isn't it?

There is value in saying "hey you won" We are in community

Last edited:

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well he bid at 6:55 and I got mine in at 7:06. Then after my bid there was no more bids...

If my understanding of the rules is right. And there is a 10 minute grace period to bid after the 7:00 deadline, then I won it.

If my understanding of the rules is wrong. And there is no 10 minute grace period after the deadline, then he won it...

PS. Nabin I took a tour of your castle on Pacific lastnight. Mighty fine guildstone collection you have there... Do you ever sell off any of them by chance?

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well he bid at 6:55 and I got mine in at 7:06. Then after my bid there was no more bids...

If my understanding of the rules is right. And there is a 10 minute grace period to bid after the 7:00 deadline, then I won it.

If my understanding of the rules is wrong. And there is no 10 minute grace period after the deadline, then he won it...

PS. Nabin I took a tour of your castle on Pacific lastnight. Mighty fine guildstone collection you have there... Do you ever sell off any of them by chance?
The way that rule works, is if someone bid at 6:55 and no other bid by 7, then its over, unless that bid comes in within 10 minutes from 6:55, meaning your bid would have had to come in by 7:05. it does not start at 7 for the 10 minute rule, or so I have always seen.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The way that rule works, is if someone bid at 6:55 and no other bid by 7, then its over, unless that bid comes in within 10 minutes from 6:55, meaning your bid would have had to come in by 7:05. it does not start at 7 for the 10 minute rule, or so I have always seen.
That is correct

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way that the rules are worded tho, ""After the ending date and time if there is a bid in the next 10 minute set, the auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids.""
It basically states that once 7 hits there can be another bid within 10 minutes to extend the auction on that item..

"After the ending date and time" --- which was 7:00
"If there is a bid in the next 10 minute set, the auction for that individual item will continue"---- The next 10 minute set would bring it to 7:10, my bid was in at 7:06.
Under the rules that were written for the auction my bid should count... I followed by the rules that Nabin listed.

I know it wasn't a big ticket item and i am sorry that i am making a fuss over this. But 95% of you in these forums would be doing the same thing if this situation happened to you :) ...

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
hmm which item number are you looking at. I am sorting through this now

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ok I wrote the rule as so.

The Normal 10 minute rule will apply. After the ending date and time if there is a bid in the next 10 minute set, the auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids. The Time clock in the forum posts will be the deciding timer.

This would indicate that TheChuck did win the bid as I included in the example "After the ending time if there is a bid in the next 10 minutes" That is not how the rule is suppose to work and I will be deleting that line in the future parts of the series so that it will read this way

"The Normal 10 minute rule will apply. The auction for that individual item will continue until ten minutes elapses with no further bids. The Time clock in the forum posts will be the deciding timer."

The point is once an item has a ten minute lapse bidding is considered closed.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
All Bids are final. I will post when items are ready for pickup

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Items are now packed and ready for pick up

Billing list is as follows

Recall 600 mil - Delivered
PinkPandora 3 mil - Delivered
Varrius 90 mil - Delivered
Claudia-fjp 375 mil - Delivered
Mezzac 5 mil Failed to pick up and pay for items Cannot bid in this series till January 2014
Thechuck 8 mil 10 gp - Delivered
Avery Chessy 5 mil - Delivered
Assia Penryn 5 mil - Delivered
Lineman 100 mil - Delivered
4nersport 140 mil - Delivered
Nails Warstein 840 mil - Delivered
Shumer 227 Mil - Delivered

Payments may be made either on Pacific or Atlantic.

One all items are paid for and picked up I will launch the next auction in the series. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you Nabin, and special thank you to my Proxy Bidder Jinx, and my friends for not outbidding me any further.