• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Safe logout for Vendor Search and UO Store - why?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone needs to explain why you have to be at an Inn or your house to use Vendor Search or buy something from the UO store. This makes very little sense to me. At all.

Why this restriction? Why do I have to go find an Inn to search for vendor items when I'm out shopping?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone needs to explain why you have to be at an Inn or your house to use Vendor Search or buy something from the UO store. This makes very little sense to me. At all.

Why this restriction? Why do I have to go find an Inn to search for vendor items when I'm out shopping?

You don't have to be in an inn for vendor search. Just in town wotks fine. As far as why.... to be a pita probably.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You become hidden and can't be revealed. Would be fun times in Fel if you could vendor search anywhere.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because it is their game and they said so and it has been this way always and now it has become a problem for you, why.

madmanuk

Visitor
the only problem for me, is sometimes VS is greyed out, even though you are in your own house.
in the bank / vendor area in luna, it mostly works, but once it greys out, it tends to stay that way for a long time.
the reason is fair, but the implementation is shaky.