• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Safe Boat Parking?

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Hi All,
About to buy a 'big' boat so I can start doing quests....

Once I've got fish in the hold & a quest on the go I can't dry dock at the end of the day, so wondering if I can safely leave the boat wherever I happen to be (mid ocean) or if I have to sail back to shore or the docks.

This on Tram with security set properly.

I would hate to come back & find it sunk by pirates or players

Thanks
The Old Man

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your boat is safe in Trammel, but it's wise to not leave it on, or close, to a server line.
Occasionally boat runes have become broken, so it could be a wise precaution to make a note of where you have left the boat.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also remember you can get a rune last i knew from the Dockmaster to your boat. i try to make at least 5 runes to the boat and place them in secures just in case i lose mine ...and as the Trammel thing goes you can take damage from mean guildmates or alliance peeps that happen to fire upon your boat....found that out playing around with friends

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've noticed Pirates tend to be around Jhelom Waters and to the SouthEast of Jhelom too. So maybe try to avoid that sea area for overnight. I had my boat parked near Buc's Den in Trammel and it had a little bit of damage when I came back the next day, so maybe watch that area too. If your boat does get damaged you can repair it with wood and cloth.

I've noticed the waters in Lost Land near Papua seem to be good, never had any problems leaving my boat there for a few days at a time. So if you're near the Serpent Pillars pop in there if needed overnight. Around Magincia I've also noticed it seems safe too.

Of course it might be different for everyone. But I've had my boat out days at a time before I've checked on it and I've avoided the area's I mentioned, and the only time anything happened was the one time near Buc's, so you should be ok.

P.S. Also check your boat at least every 5 days if you don't use it and click your NPC on the boat to refresh it. I know it's supposed to be every 7 days, but for me it seems as tho I cut it close a few times when I've tried every 6 days, but 5 seems to be alright. If needed add it to a calendar or alarm just so you remember. I get busy and forgetful at times so that helps me lol.