• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) *sadly hugs*

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I apologize if I bother someone, I do not know where to leave it, so I'll put it here to inform those who are still dear to me, about stopping using General Chat; please don't ask me to there, savage start using more "humane" things.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Please don't stop using Gen Chat, we are many who will miss you. I don't know what did happen but I'm sure it can be solved. I will miss you and I'm sure a lot others will too.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No No Tanager, we need you in Gen Chat, yf you and Sarga annoy someone, they should just put you on ignore or try to solve the problem.
I had been in bad standing with some on the shard too, but I never considered to stop speaking in Gen Char or here on this forum. The day I stop is the day I die or get so sick, I can't play.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I apologize if I bother someone, I do not know where to leave it, so I'll put it here to inform those who are still dear to me, about stopping using General Chat; please don't ask me to there, savage start using more "humane" things.
I don't know really well what happened but i think a bad day happen to everyone so i think there is always a way to find a solution and this isn't stop to talk in GC... Try to speak with all people involved and find a solution :)

I am in the same boat.
:twak::twak::twak::twak::twak:... I spoke with you in game so you know what i think :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If possible, ignore the people who are being jerks. I haven't been in game in awhile...real life and all lol BUT it always puts a smile on my face when I log into Siege because gen chat is usually so lively and happy and I love it.

Sarge, I don't know you very well, but you ALWAYS make me smile.....and Tan you are an upstanding citizen of Siege....don't let the jerks get you down!! :heart:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped writing in GC a couple of months ago and reduced posting, too. Very beneficial to my mental health :gee:
I can relate to this. The ignore option came in handy though I see occasional one sided conversations if I'm crafting and watching chat scroll by.;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It do not have to be Jerks, sometimes it's just misunderstandings or to much temper. Lets it calm down and try to talk about it again in private.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had been in bad standing with some on the shard too, but I never considered to stop speaking in Gen Char or here on this forum. The day I stop is the day I die or get so sick, I can't play.
it always puts a smile on my face when I log into Siege because gen chat is usually so lively and happy and I love it.
I stopped writing in GC a couple of months ago and reduced posting, too. Very beneficial to my mental health :gee:
I was going to make a small PM to try to cheer up Sarg, but I have had enough of Silence so Stratics gets this book instead.

I do not know what happened, Sarg, but there seems to be an epidemic of Silence spreading like a cancer on the shard. With so many away doing fun summer things, it is important that we not lose the few voices we have at the moment.

There are enough silent people, who go about their day without saying a word to anyone outside their own, safe little circle. Siege is not dead, but this is the main reason why it often appears to be. Too many players, entire guilds, discourage the use of public channels.

I try to help newcomers find guilds, only to see them fall absolutely silent once they disappear into the underbrush. I try my very best to encourage public conversation, so that people who come here don't feel alone if they have not found a guild - or do not want to be in one. It is an alien concept to some people, but not everyone wants to be held accountable for the actions of guild mates.

I try to bring a positive energy to GC and Stratics, to offset the bitter, aggressive, sarcastic voices whose sense of humor may not be fully appreciated by everyone. Those voices matter as much as anyone else's, but balance is healthy. Silence is the worst of all, however. Silence is a symptom of a deadly disease.

I was feeling that Siege does not need my one-sided conversations. I have been feeling that Siege does not want my attempts to get groups together. I have felt lately that I am seen as one of those people who just love to hear themselves talk. I have been trying to keep my opinions, discoveries, questions, and gratitude to myself. Both in GC and Stratics. I was all set to board the massive ship of people who rarely say a word.

The cancer found me. When that ship has enough passengers, it will set sail and UO will die.

So.

People can think that I am a loud mouthed, self absorbed attention seeker if they wish. I will say that my primary goal is to point out things that I think will brighten some one's day. I want people to enjoy Siege, because that is what keeps it alive. People can think I am a brown-nosing butt kisser, but I want to encourage people to attend the EM events, and I want our EM to feel that those events are appreciated. People tell me I am crazy because I say where I hunt, and because I attend player and EM events where *gasp* I might get attacked. But I encourage public hunts and public conversations, because not everyone (including myself) is in a nice big guild or alliance.

I am not afraid to lose a bit of gear, and my ego is not so fragile that it cannot stand to wear a deathrobe.

People can put me on ignore if my ramblings are just too much strain on their eyes. I'm sure many already have. I will start labeling my Stratics threads that point out fun new things with a *SPOILER* tag, for those folks who enjoy finding things out on their own. I am by no means in competition with our shard reporter(s) but I will continue to post pics and comments about shard events - on a public forum.

Freja is correct, Sarg. Please do not allow the voices of a few, or perhaps one, silence yours. Do not let the Silence infect you. And for all you silent people out there who will not reply to this thread, or who watch GC scroll by without comment - your voice is missed.

*BIG HUG*

*Vas An Nox* *In Vas Mani* *Dispiro Malas* *Extermo Vomica*

Chiv Mages are undervalued.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well said Tanager and I agree 100%, we need to show the shard is alive. I have the same problem with people stealthing around, even when very little danger around them.
To Doc, I miss your public hunt and wish someone would take over, even when it sometimes may draw trouble.
I hope our new players won't give up and will try to start new guilds and alliances. We need a lot new communities to make the shard breath.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well said Tanager and I agree 100%, we need to show the shard is alive. I have the same problem with people stealthing around, even when very little danger around them.
To Doc, I miss your public hunt and wish someone would take over, even when it sometimes may draw trouble.
I hope our new players won't give up and will try to start new guilds and alliances. We need a lot new communities to make the shard breath.
Who would stealth when they don't perceive some level o' danger around, it's the slowest mode of travel, unless you're a ninja of course. If you are a ninja I guess ya kinda should be sneaking around, part o' the nature of that business :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had stepped over people stealthing around, even in New Magincia.
Anyway, I will just shut up and give Sarge a Hugs and hope he get solved his problem. I would be sad to see him lost in the fog of hidden and Silence people, I know play here but we never see or hear.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sarg, I'm only going to say I hope you reconsider. We will miss you if you fade into the Siege darkness and Siege would be the poorer for it.

I was going to make a small PM to try to cheer up Sarg, but I have had enough of Silence so Stratics gets this book instead.

I do not know what happened, Sarg, but there seems to be an epidemic of Silence spreading like a cancer on the shard. With so many away doing fun summer things, it is important that we not lose the few voices we have at the moment.

There are enough silent people, who go about their day without saying a word to anyone outside their own, safe little circle. Siege is not dead, but this is the main reason why it often appears to be. Too many players, entire guilds, discourage the use of public channels.

I try to help newcomers find guilds, only to see them fall absolutely silent once they disappear into the underbrush. I try my very best to encourage public conversation, so that people who come here don't feel alone if they have not found a guild - or do not want to be in one. It is an alien concept to some people, but not everyone wants to be held accountable for the actions of guild mates.

I try to bring a positive energy to GC and Stratics, to offset the bitter, aggressive, sarcastic voices whose sense of humor may not be fully appreciated by everyone. Those voices matter as much as anyone else's, but balance is healthy. Silence is the worst of all, however. Silence is a symptom of a deadly disease.

I was feeling that Siege does not need my one-sided conversations. I have been feeling that Siege does not want my attempts to get groups together. I have felt lately that I am seen as one of those people who just love to hear themselves talk. I have been trying to keep my opinions, discoveries, questions, and gratitude to myself. Both in GC and Stratics. I was all set to board the massive ship of people who rarely say a word.

The cancer found me. When that ship has enough passengers, it will set sail and UO will die.

So.

People can think that I am a loud mouthed, self absorbed attention seeker if they wish. I will say that my primary goal is to point out things that I think will brighten some one's day. I want people to enjoy Siege, because that is what keeps it alive. People can think I am a brown-nosing butt kisser, but I want to encourage people to attend the EM events, and I want our EM to feel that those events are appreciated. People tell me I am crazy because I say where I hunt, and because I attend player and EM events where *gasp* I might get attacked. But I encourage public hunts and public conversations, because not everyone (including myself) is in a nice big guild or alliance.

I am not afraid to lose a bit of gear, and my ego is not so fragile that it cannot stand to wear a deathrobe.

People can put me on ignore if my ramblings are just too much strain on their eyes. I'm sure many already have. I will start labeling my Stratics threads that point out fun new things with a *SPOILER* tag, for those folks who enjoy finding things out on their own. I am by no means in competition with our shard reporter(s) but I will continue to post pics and comments about shard events - on a public forum.

Freja is correct, Sarg. Please do not allow the voices of a few, or perhaps one, silence yours. Do not let the Silence infect you. And for all you silent people out there who will not reply to this thread, or who watch GC scroll by without comment - your voice is missed.

*BIG HUG*

As for all this Tanager, I agree with you and I'm sure you said it better than I could!!.

Starcon
Governor of Britain

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have been feeling that Siege does not want my attempts to get groups together. I have felt lately that I am seen as one of those people who just love to hear themselves talk. I have been trying to keep my opinions, discoveries, questions, and gratitude to myself. Both in GC and Stratics. I was all set to board the massive ship of people who rarely say a word.

*BIG HUG*

Thank you, Freja :)

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I had stepped over people stealthing around, even in New Magincia.
Anyway, I will just shut up and give Sarge a Hugs and hope he get solved his problem. I would be sad to see him lost in the fog of hidden and Silence people, I know play here but we never see or hear.
Could be a thief looking to prey on unsuspecting shoppers, could be a shopper looking to focus on shops and not looking over their shoulder ;-)
Either way the art of staying in the shadows is meaningful. I've still only been pked 3 times, and twice were by someone I expected to act friendly towards me and failed to react lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I must be spending too much time on Origin, what did I miss?
and
@Tanager - don't let anyone stop you from being you!

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sarg, Tanager, don't leave, pretty please~! It's just a chat, don't be bothered by people giving verbal offence. It's a lot more empty without you.:Begging:

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I dispose of the most extreme reasons to believe that this should be so. And just want to ask again everyone who even slightly sympathetic to me, help me to figure it out, please. Vice alliance should not exist in the form to which it was turned. This is not acceptable and adult, people should not suffer from someone's desire to self-actualize through our pleasure and our nerves.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone feel like explaining what inspired this thread? Assume we don't know anything right now since this thread hasn't handed out much info. Sargatanza of GIL is unhappy with VICE. With some detail people, what the bleep is being babbled about here? There's not enough info to let us decide who's right and who's full of it. o_O

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
From what I can tell, it seems to concern a certain player who used to be in the guild that Sarg created that was in the VICE alliance until said guild went ... excessively vice.

Armed with that knowledge, my advice is to walk away. I am of the opinion that not speaking at ALL, ever again, is not the solution to whatever the problem is. It will just fester even more. But I believe both VICE and Gilfane are trying to move this to a more private venue.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone feel like explaining what inspired this thread? Assume we don't know anything right now since this thread hasn't handed out much info. Sargatanza of GIL is unhappy with VICE. With some detail people, what the bleep is being babbled about here? There's not enough info to let us decide who's right and who's full of it. o_O