• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Sad news, Jason "JR" "Hink" Hinkle has passed away

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heard it in general chat, googled for his obituary, found it, was sad.

Jason was a true leader.
He was the guild leader of The Pack [Pak] which during his tenure was at one time the largest guild on Baja.
He organized regular "hunts" and "spawns," keeping guild members in the know through email.
He was a frequent fixture of Luna bank, offering to help people and asking them if they wanted to join his guild.
He maintained and decorated guild houses, including rune libraries and shrine rooms to the wolf lore that had been passed down from long long ago.

There is no one quite like him on Baja today. He will be missed.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goodbye Dear Friend as my Guildmaster and Spawn Leader he was allways ready to go do one. I followed him to several other shards as well where he got players from those shards to come back and play Baja. Our prayers go out to his familly rest in peace dear friend rest well.

Christmas Elves

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*Bows head sadly and whispers softy* I did not know this man, but if I had I am sure he would have been a good friend. It is always hard to lose someone you have known and cared about. Perhaps this poem can help like it has so many before. My Condolences for your loss...

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs I still see the lights
I still feel your love on cold wintery nights
I still share your hopes & all of your cares
I'll even remind you to please say your prayers
I just want to tell you, you still make me proud
You stand head & shoulders above all the crowd
Keep trying each moment to stay in His grace
I came here before you to help set your place
You don't have to be perfect all of the time
he forgives you the slip If you continue the climb
To my family & friends please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you In a new special way
I love you all dearly now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my Christmas with Jesus this year
by John Mooney

Sally_Elena

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very sad news to hear. I know he was loved by many and he was a great guild leader for PaK. May he rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for posting this Laura. I had heard this rumor, but was hoping it wasn't true. You are already missed JR.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just heard about this last night. I remember visiting with Jason and him explaining how his body was breaking down. It was nothing short of heart breaking for such an intelligent and talented man. Prayers for his family and may Jason rest in peace.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A player memorial is in the works.
There may be a book at the site with words in it.
Is there anything you'd like to add to the above?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laura, if I see you ingame, I'd like to meet up with you, if it's possible.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Pack's guild house in Luna is going to fall (in "Greatly" condition right now).
This was JR's house.
If y'all find the history of the Wolf Pack books, or the books detailing the traditions and ranks of The Pack, I would like to have those. Or, you know, give them to the Dawn librarian.