• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sacrifice bug?

D

Der Rock

was 1 dot away from knight of sacrifice,
sacrificed a demon and bang
"u barly begin your path to sacrifice"
LOL
is this broken ??

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have thought there was a bug with sacrifice for some time. Unfortunately I don't play often and am usually bleary eyed when I do so I thought I made a mistake. If you are sure about what you saw and did, send in that bug report. I had too many self doubts to be sure about sending in my own reports.

B

Beowulf of LS

My 1st post ever...but..long time reader/player. As for your ? about sacrifice. The gains...especially on the higher tiers depend on how high your fame is.....

I.E. @ Glorious Lord level if its your 1st time to sacrifice your fame....ALL the blue things fill up (as far as I can remember) which almost gives you your 1st path or if you killed a bunch more monsters passed Glorious Lord it will give 1st path on 1st sacrifice try.
@ Lower levels the gain is much less...sumtimes jus 1 dot

So if you are near Knight level (tier 3 I think), Sacrificing fame below Glorious level will show poor results.

Personally I have never had a prob with it but then again...I always sacrifice my fame at glorious lord level.

Heck only takes about 1hr to become glorious lord anyways...jus gotta kill the good stuff is all...
Might as well gain Honor while yer at it....

O

Old Man of UO

was 1 dot away from knight of sacrifice,
sacrificed a demon and bang
"u barly begin your path to sacrifice"
LOL
is this broken ??
I'm not sure if this is what happened to you, but if you are still on the 1st level of Sacrifice and have enough fame to kick you over the top into the second level, you will get a similar message to "you barely begin your next path to Sacrifice," or something like that... it just shows how far you are along each of the 3 Sacrifice levels. What I think that means is that you have just begun your second level.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem there is that you can't advance beyond Knight. The OP should've been told they'd achieved the maximum path and couldn't go any further.

That's assuming he was at Follower level when he ditched the fame.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i remember from when i actually used this virtue that after knight you would get 1-3 dots into knight before you got the "you can advance no further" message so that when the decay cycle hits you don't instantly lose your knight title and therefore your 3rd rez