• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] SA Vendors

A

AthosRahl

Since using the open beta client I have noticed that some vendors in Luna will show as EMPTY packs, where in fact there are items to sell. If I move the mouse around the bag, I see item descriptions, etc. pop up but no image to show that there is something available on the vendor (it looks like an empty bag).

I have also noticed that the Demon statuette in my house does not show up at all, while it does in 2D and KR.

Anybody else seeing these issues?

O

Old Man of UO

Both of those issues are known and being worked on. The strange part is, not everyone has problems with the backpacks. If you switch to grid view, it should work. The one about the demon statue not showing may be a shader issue with your video card. Not much to do about that until it gets fixed.

A

AthosRahl

I actually have non-legacy packs turned on, however it only appears to apply to my own pack, not those of vendors. My own pack shows in a grid view, but vendors all still show in the legacy pack view (some of which view fine, and others show as I described before). In the case of the Demon statuette, even with mouse-over it is as if it does not exist (no recognition at all). I wonder if my install is FUBAR...

W

Wolfways

It's not you.
My bags are set to grid, but others vendors show up as legacy bags. Sometimes i can see the contents, sometimes not.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you see nothing when you open a vendor's backpack, try opening it from outside the house.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with legacy style back packs is known, I guess all we can do is wait for a fix and do our shopping in 2D for now.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think the 2d view on the vendor's packs was intended. Ever seen a vendor who did their layout in kr grid and then viewed it in 2d? it's a big mess. This way vendor packs can be organized and viewed the same by everyone in both sets of clients.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Snippet taken from this morning's client patch:

* Bottom portion of several Legacy Container contents are no longer get cutoff
* Viewing contents of player-run vendors and pack animals no longer locks to Legacy Container view

Looks like the masses have been heard on this one. Someone please post and tell us if the patch resolved this.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an additional fix that didn't make it into this patch cycle that deals with objects not showing up in Legacy Container view at all. It's been fixed internally and should be rolled out in the next client patch.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Personally, I think the 2d view on the vendor's packs was intended. Ever seen a vendor who did their layout in kr grid and then viewed it in 2d? it's a big mess. This way vendor packs can be organized and viewed the same by everyone in both sets of clients.
This is likely. I remember the big hassle when some few of us ran the old 3d .

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also want to mention that each cell in grid view corresponds to a location in Legacy Container view now. They no longer default to the top-left corner in Legacy Container view.

Dropping an item in the top-left most cell (row 1, column 1) will put that item in the top-left most corner in Legacy Container view.

The bottom-right most cell (row 25, column 5) will put that item in the bottom-right most corner in Legacy Container view.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sweet! Have any of you checked this out? I do not have the patience to run a vendor.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stocked my vendors in SA this morning, in legacy view and standing on the balcony. They're a bit messier than usual because my aim's not so good yet in that client, but I got them all roughly in the right places.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also want to mention that each cell in grid view corresponds to a location in Legacy Container view now. They no longer default to the top-left corner in Legacy Container view.

Dropping an item in the top-left most cell (row 1, column 1) will put that item in the top-left most corner in Legacy Container view.

The bottom-right most cell (row 25, column 5) will put that item in the bottom-right most corner in Legacy Container view.
This should make things cleaner when I stock using SA, and other 2D users look at my vendor. Nice!