• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Copper V 1.0 released on the Exchange...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And can be found here: http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging

The title is SACopper.

Note that this is the basic graphical skin with no functional enhancements. As enhancements are released, I will be working on getting them added in accordingly (hopefully without breaking too much).

It uses several graphical aspects of older KR skins with some tweaks of my own thrown in, the ReadMe file has all of the pertinent information.

Enjoy!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Comments, ideas, and whatnot are welcome, for the time being though keep them in regards to the actual skin itself (i.e. don't worry about enhanced options right now). If you see anything I missed or should consider looking ata gain, let me know.

I'm already planning some tweaks for later (probably going to "copperize" the gold icons, change some text colors, and maybe, if I can get it to work some of the fonts used).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like what i seen so far. When my friends come online later today i will tell them about the skin and ask them too what they think of it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mysticism, Throwing and Imbuing have no icon in the skill window.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gotcha... thanks. I'm going to do a pass on the icons as a whole, so I'll keep that in mind... for now if you can find them in the Icons folder in the Default.zip and copy them over, that should at least somewhat solve that problem for now.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you split items in your backpack, the items background you take it from stays lit.

D

Der Rock

And can be found here: http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging

The title is SACopper.

Note that this is the basic graphical skin with no functional enhancements. As enhancements are released, I will be working on getting them added in accordingly (hopefully without breaking too much).

It uses several graphical aspects of older KR skins with some tweaks of my own thrown in, the ReadMe file has all of the pertinent information.

Enjoy!
hi, is it possible to intecrate zym dragons number icons in SACopper?
and is it possible that all modders could accept some standarts in each UI?
for example your icons,the words in the icons are so small i barly can read them

or is it possible that users can set the hotbar colours,the backpack colours and such things self

thx

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Icons can easily be added and/or changed around, in fact that is my next update to the skin will be a comprehensive pass of the icons. What size level are you running your UI? I tried to make sure that the text in the stat icons remained readable while not completely overpowering the icon itself.

The only way you can "set" the hotbar/backpack and other UI colors would be to use a graphics program (like Gimp) to go into the files themselves and tweak them accordingly.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added this to my system and certainly like were your coming from.

I certainly do like the solid background of the containers and that the containers them self are not semi-transparent.

Some Questions, lest relevant to what you have now but I will ask anyway in case it helps further down the stream.

Is it possible to modify the context menus?

Two things I would be looking for ...

If there were an pet Window/Gump and this window had Various buttons on it, then some nice things would be "Stable", "Name Pet".

The Stable could delete/hide the pet Gump/Window after issuing the Stable Command.

The Name Pet ... please ... begging here .... It would be nice if there were either a button or an addition to the context menu for a pet to Name the Pet. I would imagine this could invoke the same Window/Gump (or clone it) that is used for entering a Rune Name.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Look for any of this type of stuff in an enhanced version probably in a few weeks or so. I wanted to get a basic skin out first.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Dermott, my friends played with the skin and they overall liked it. If they had one issue is that the found that the main icons (below right) are a bit plain and could use a little more color . They find that the copper is too much there.

We looking forward for more updated. :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm doing a pass on the "external" icons now to make them fit the skin a bit better... I can see what I can do about the menu bar icons... I'm not that big of a fan of the ones that are there anyway. Not sure exactly what strategy I'm going to take with those yet though.

I've found a somewhat "game stopping" issue in that there are parts of the newbie tutorial that tend to not want to work in Copper, however you can swap over to Default for the tutorial for a new character, and new users of the client going through the tutorial won't know about how to swap skins anyway, so I'm kind of "meh" on that one.

D

Der Rock

Icons can easily be added and/or changed around, in fact that is my next update to the skin will be a comprehensive pass of the icons. What size level are you running your UI? I tried to make sure that the text in the stat icons remained readable while not completely overpowering the icon itself.

The only way you can "set" the hotbar/backpack and other UI colors would be to use a graphics program (like Gimp) to go into the files themselves and tweak them accordingly.
normally i use 95% ui size
in an modded ui i would prefer the "classic" icons ;)

;)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

SA Copper tweaks from Version 1.0:

- "Copperized" the radar map display (but not the map itself, only the UI overlay)
- Changed the Hotbar and Container grids, should make everything a bit more visible and functional.
- Changes the Target Window gump slightly and moved the mini-portrait into a better location
- Tweaked color of Action icons
- Changed various target and text based icons to use the same font for the text as well as making the target icons a bit more intuitive at a glance (uses the Target cursor in according shades and text for "Previous, Next, Current, Nearest, and Last accordingly)
- Added color to Virtue icons based on the virtue color
- Changed Object Handles to be a bit more "slick" looking instead of drab brown rectangles
- Resizing Racial Ability icons to fit inside the grid instead of on top of like the rest of the icons in the skin
- Color tweaks to Skill icons, added in Imbuing, Mysticism, and Throwing icons
- Revamp of Stat icons

Still to go:
- Add in new Spell icons
- Font color tweaks inside the XML files for the skin and positioning tweaks as needs be.
- Bugfixes as needs be

I Believe once this list is complete, we SHOULD have the "final" version of the basic graphical skin, then begins work on the Enhanced version.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's quite amazing to see just how many little things there are in the UI from a graphical standpoint... with what I've been doing to build Copper, and then going back to BB_E In KR, I see a LOT of little tweaks that could have been done to make it just a bit smoother.

I can't even count the number of times already I thought I was "done" with a certain file or folder of files only to go back and redo things... which is why I put "final" in quotes.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dermott, one of my friends is using a trackball to play instead of a mouse.
With your skins she having difficults to scroll in her backpack/containers and chests. Sometimes it works ok and sometimes it don't work at all.

She don't have this problem with the default skin of the Enhanced client. Is that something you can have a look at?

Thanks.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll check it out... how do they scroll? Click and drag on the scrollbar, or another way (i.e. wheel)?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click and drag on the scrollbar. Also when she hold her key on the arrow pointing down it won't move.