• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA client?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Are you just trying to poll napa, or get people to post in the napa forum? lmfao.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1320657 said:
Are you just trying to poll napa, or get people to post in the napa forum? lmfao.
does it matter either way? lol
whatever one ya like better hahahaha

D

Deb

I am liking it..it is buggy but it still is in beta. And it is in far
better shape than KR was at this stage. Gonna wait till the next patch
to see if the bugs people have reported are fixed.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Graphics and UI are almost the same as KR aka I hate it and will stick to 2D.

K

kalzaketh

my sentiments as well rogal, I went thru the hours of patching, logged in and right back out, my money will still lie with 2d :)

C

Cloak&Dagger

Graphics and UI are almost the same as KR aka I hate it and will stick to 2D.
my sentiments as well rogal, I went thru the hours of patching, logged in and right back out, my money will still lie with 2d :)
Completely the 2d art work...So what part of the "graphics" were like KR?....on second thought, I am not even going to have this debate. *walks off before hijacking Otis' thread*

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
other then some of the creatures and paperdoll, it is pretty much just a upgraded version of 2d, infact you can change most of it into legacy if you choose!, containers, targeting etc, in the user settings! to be honest! i didnt really like it that much myself at first! but i've come to love it!, always keep in mind that its still in beta and definitly will be going through more fix's..
like anything! it just takes abit of messing around with to get comfortable!

C

Cloak&Dagger

other then some of the creatures and paperdoll, it is pretty much just a upgraded version of 2d, infact you can change most of it into legacy if you choose!, containers, targeting etc, in the user settings! to be honest! i didnt really like it that much myself at first! but i've come to love it!, always keep in mind that its still in beta and definitly will be going through more fix's..
like anything! it just takes abit of messing around with to get comfortable!
People will fight with you endlessly that the "graphics" are different...with out specification at all.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup it happens, just like when 3d came out, people hated it, adapted and started to like it ( some ), then they took it away and people flipped out because they had to use 2d...adapted and are now used to it again..now SA.
but to each there own really!, people who wish to stay with 2D can do so and they wont be left out! except for the things the new client offers...otherwise that can still have the expansions and new garg race skills and citys etc....

C

Cloak&Dagger

yup it happens, just like when 3d came out, people hated it, adapted and started to like it ( some ), then they took it away and people flipped out because they had to use 2d...adapted and are now used to it again..now SA.
but to each there own really!, people who wish to stay with 2D can do so and they wont be left out! except for the things the new client offers...otherwise that can still have the expansions and new garg race skills and citys etc....

Except people who refuse to adapt hold everyone else back, I honestly wish they would just delete the 2d client and get it over with already.

The only loss would be people who actually can not play the SA client, other than that all the babies whining would still continue to play.

D

Deb

In general the graphics are the same, BUT there are some really cool new
ones also. The spell graphics are real nice and I like the graphics of the
female necro although I turned into a pirate just to see what she would
look that. The waterfalls are the best I think.
I am a die hard 2D fan, but am willing to give SA a chance since unlike KR
I can at least test it properly.
My biggest thing is it isn't as crisp looking as 2D, but maybe that will
change with updates.
The biggest thing is you have to test it longer than a few minutes or
even a few hours.

C

Cloak&Dagger

In general the graphics are the same, BUT there are some really cool new
ones also. The spell graphics are real nice and I like the graphics of the
female necro although I turned into a pirate just to see what she would
look that. The waterfalls are the best I think.
I am a die hard 2D fan, but am willing to give SA a chance since unlike KR
I can at least test it properly.
My biggest thing is it isn't as crisp looking as 2D, but maybe that will
change with updates.
The biggest thing is you have to test it longer than a few minutes or
even a few hours.

In all honesty, even on my rather good system I find the client does not really play well. Tho I am sure with time I will get it to work.

With that said, the artwork from 2d can be made crisper by changing a few settings and lighting, maybe even changing your graphic card settings. But the main downfall is basically it is the exact same artwork from 2d molded into this client, so there is no "real" way I can think of to actually make it look nice, but I am hoping they replace the artwork slowly and with nice "conforming" artwork. (honestly I don't care if it conforms or not as long as its nice, but to keep all the babies, I mean players happy it has to conform)