• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] SA Client Hangs on Startup

J

jerkstore

I've successfully patched and all that, but once I hit the play button nothing happens.

If I look in my process list in Task Manager, I see UOSA.exe running taking up 25% of my CPUs (running a dual xeon so it's maxing out 1 of 4 cores). It's been stuck that way for 45 minutes now, figured I'd keep it running in case it eventually woke up...

Anyone else seen this?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it checks for a patch, and there is a patch, it would take a little while before it starts, but 45 min? Something is weird.

J

jerkstore

It's actually after that, the patching completes successfully and I hit "Play" on the dialog after patching finishes - that's where the hang happens.

T

tymbow

I get hangs at startup - UOPATCH.BIN runs and nothing happens then the splash screen shows up 30m later - every time.

Checking the log I constantly see errors about "does not match expected size", "failed to download", "Failed to receive HTTP response for file" blah, blah. It eventually downloads the files but takes around 24 hours.

Before anyone asks my Internet connection is fine - only UOSA has issues.

Tried re-installing a few times - same crap every time.

O

Old Man of UO

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I have two icons to play the Enhanced Client. One connects to the uopatch.exe and the second connects to UOSA.exe.

I use the first one whenever a patch has been issued, and it does take a long time to load. The second one bypasses the patch and I use for normal play... much faster load times!

F

Fink

I know this is basic stuff but it's often overlooked..

Have you scanned for spyware/adware/viruses etc?
Is your firewall behaving properly?

Stuff like that.

T

tymbow

Hmmm....

I've re-installed for the n'th time and this time it seems OK. I still got a few "Failed to receive HTTP response for file" but generally it installed cleaner and seems to work - at least it starts quickly.

Maybe I've just been unlucky - I knows the Warhammer guys had a whole heap of issues with this new patching system when Mythic started using it.