• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] SA client and PVP - please help, am i missing something?

• Thread starter Rorschach-Europa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Rorschach-Europa

I’m not sure how much of the open client beta is open for discussion so I’ll try and phrase this in a hypothetical way...
If I - as a developer - wanted wholesale uptake of this client I would ensure the following things were in place:

- Implement target queue from UOA. No PVPer worth his salt will use the client until this behaviour is in the SA client and there is no advantage over using UOA. Did I miss something - can i do this with ‘store’?

- Enable the most wheel to be used for macros. Again, did I miss something, is this possible?

This is probably going to provoke a barrage of ‘I’m a vet and I don’t this’ but the UOA target queue offers a huge advantage to mage PvP, I could compete without it but why would I want to?
Also, I have been able to assign macros to my mouse wheel for many years – it’s imperative I am still able to do this.

I guess the ultimate goal is to make the SA client such a better client that in a few years time no one uses 2D. The 2D client is such a millstone around UO’s neck (speed hack cant be fixed etc) that a new client is integral to its survival. I want UO to survive. The developers strike me as intelligent people, to ensure uptake you MUST not create any advantages in 2D. Lack of target queue is a big one.

Other things i would do in a theoretical world to promote uptake.
- I would offer a legacy paper doll option.

Can this be done?

Thanks!

C

Cloak&Dagger

I know you can bind the mouse wheel, not sure about to macro's tho, Maybe give me an idea of what you mean by macro and I will try to help more about this.

I have yet to see any way to "queue" targets, of course if that is the only reason you play 2d then you will adjust just fine if they were to stop the 2d client. But I agree, I will most likely not pvp in SA as long as it does not have the auto queue, at least not as long as I have 2d around.

So pretty much, I do not think there is a way to auto queue but someone else might be able to correct me on this. And if you can give me an idea of what you mean by macro (some people on UO call hotkeys macro's so sorry if the request sounds silly) I will try to answer that part better. :)

R

Rorschach-Europa

Currently i have mouse wheel up 'Clear Target Queue', so i suppose its moot. I tried to set 'target self' to mouse wheel up as a test and couldn't manage that either.

Hmm. If there was an option for target queue, you could opt to use legacy paper doll art and i could make everything a lot less blurry i would use the client from now on in...
I would pay Draconi's wages for a month if the implemented target queue, I cant see any uptake from the mage PvP community if they don't.

C

Cloak&Dagger

O.K., for target self you would have to do the following.

Step one, go to main menu, user setting, legacy and turn off legacy targeting.
Step two, go to input, mouse, mouse wheelup and set it to "cursor target" there are 3 of these, it should be the second one. The first "cursor target" should be target last, the second one is target self, and the third one is target current (not sure what this one does yet).

As for the other stuff you posted...Well, as I said I most likely wont pvp with out the target queue but if they got rid of 2d I would have no problem adjusting to not having it.

T

TheGrayGhost

Cloak‡1317286 said:
O.K., for target self you would have to do the following.

Step one, go to main menu, user setting, legacy and turn off legacy targeting.
Step two, go to input, mouse, mouse wheelup and set it to "cursor target" there are 3 of these, it should be the second one. The first "cursor target" should be target last, the second one is target self, and the third one is target current (not sure what this one does yet).

As for the other stuff you posted...Well, as I said I most likely wont pvp with out the target queue but if they got rid of 2d I would have no problem adjusting to not having it.
What exactly is the target queuing? I was gone for a very long time and when I returned I started using KR, so I am assuming it's something that came after my time.

Z

Zyron

dont speak of having the 2d client taken away....

i might not even play anymore lol..

thats a lie i probably will

but ill hate it:cursing:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I managed to bind mouse wheel up, down, and mouse wheel button (button 3) to macros using the SA client. Also, I believe they're planning to make SA even more compatible with UOA than 2d was.

This doesn't make me like SA...just takes away some of the pain, heh.

T

TheGrayGhost

target queue is junk & a waste of time to impliment.
The reason I asked is because SA has a target last target command. Which seems somewhat similar, but I am not sure what target queue is exactly so can't really say for sure.

C

Cloak&Dagger

The reason I asked is because SA has a target last target command. Which seems somewhat similar, but I am not sure what target queue is exactly so can't really say for sure.
Target queue is basically as follows.

You hit the button for "last target" and you cast an offensive spell it will target the last hostile after the spell is cast with out having to hit "last target" again, also if you cast the spell and hit the "last target" but the target is not there it will wait until the target is with in range to execute the "last target" command. Hope that helps make sense, and I am fairly sure SA does not do this.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they have the ability to change the mouse scroll to target cursor (main menu -> input -> mouse wheel behaviour) I don't think it would be too hard to add in "target self" as an option. Since the current mouse wheel behaviour options are available in both Legacy Targeting and SA Targeting, there is no good reason to have to turn off Legacy Targeting to have to do this. Definitely a good suggestion :)

You guys will definitely want to look over the document that Athos posted by Billy Teng, plus there is a section in the user guide that Chrissay put on the UO website that has a more in-depth description of targeting, and what each target option does.

Target Cursor Last is the same as Last Target. Target Cursor X is saying "Target the cursor on X" so it is just an extra word over what you are used to.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Since the current mouse wheel behaviour options are available in both Legacy Targeting and SA Targeting, there is no good reason to have to turn off Legacy Targeting to have to do this. Definitely a good suggestion :)
Well I was directing out of memory since I did not have the client handy to actually check it. :p But if it does in fact work with out turning the legacy targeting off then even better (tho I do not remember the options on the mouse binding with it turned on)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does, unless you want target self - that is currently not an option in that particular menu ... however it should be!

I personally do not use this option in 2D, much less on my mouse wheel, but I know ALOT of people who do. Very common among casters.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mouse wheel macro's and equip last weapon are a must for me
Cear ... I know equip last is one thing I have begged for again and again, but have you attempted to try the individual equip macros (I described them in another thread)? If you are only using 2 different weapons, it could be a decent alternative for you.

Drakhan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to An Corp this thread but anyone knows if the UOA Target Queue is planned to get implemented?