• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RVR (PVP)

C

Cazzador

Anyone into this aspect of game? What class are you using. I'm using a Witch Elf not to bad in 1-1 but get slaughter in group pvp.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best 1v1 toons I've been up against are chaos big guys. Been playing a witchhunter myself. WH aren't too bad on a 1v1 scale but they are no match for a powerhouse tank. They are fantasitc in group combat though.

Also been playing a runepriest. One of the great things about the RvR is you get as much realm points healing as you do dealing damage. There is a large portion of points awarded for kills too. The more kills you participate in the greater you reward over all else.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

My fav toon for rvr is the archmage...well so far.After creating 4 toons after I first started, the archmage supplies the most fun.Great damage and great heals.It`s fun being able to toe to toe with a fighter and not get wtf pwnt in the first 2 hits.Between heal over time and regular heals I usually can hold off an attacker long enough for them to give up and run to another target.Which than gives me time to apply 2 DoT`s and some fun focus damge spells,hehe.I`m only level 8 with her atm,but alot of fun so far.

I`m still learning it and can do better in the group heals but am gettin the hang of it.Kind of fun hangin in the back and layin on the heals too.Even if some one rushes the back,its not like ya hafta run away,HoT myself and keep healin grp mates.

OK,nuff pom poms for the archmage,lol back the the fight!

R

Reb8

Tanks have been doing very well...destro big guys are about the only ones who've been killing me and I've had a hard time killing.

I'm playing a warrior priest and am only 8 at this time fighting against 10-12 destros. I've done ok and died less than I have in other games as a healing type. However, my tanking abilities aren't that great in rvr at this time, mainly I'm sure, to the huge lag I consistently have (playing on work laptop not main desktop unit)

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah Ive been playing a shadow warrior Elf and like you said those big chaos guys seem to mess me up.

G

Gohl

I tested engineer, runie, ironbreaker, chosen, squiggie, shaman, sigmarite, witch hunter so far.

They all work in PvP and RvR, sometimes better, sometimes not as good - depending on the group and situation.

You gain renoun points for protecting flag bearers too, even if you do only small amounts damage or healing, or - i.e. in the Troll Crossing scenario. This is great for engineers with their single slow and AoE root, or ironbreakers on full protection outfit. Squig Herders can win the scenario for their side without even coming close to the pacifier with their long range snare.