• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RUOH] sides with Crimson Dragons; gets 2 Shards of the Gem of Immortality!

• Thread starter Nastia Cross
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
N

Nastia Cross

That's right LS, RUOH is now the proud owner of TWO shards of the gem of immortality!

Pictured below: Monty, Lox, Broli, Elite and Nas.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**HIGH FIVE**

Lox / Tyrannize approves of this message. :thumbup:
Congrats on your getting 2 gems. After playing on Great Lakes all these years, then coming to this event on LS, I was amazed at the ppl that were manning the rez station and healing other up, what an unselfish thing to do, especially now when most players are to concerned about what is in it for me, then to help others. Thank You LS and those healers!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its impossible that you got two gems since I know two people that each got gems. Maybe you got one and are trying to make it look like you got more, but its either that or you're lying and got none. Either way, its not like you people deserve any with the way you've been acting.

By the way, perhaps you can explain why you were so intent on making SL stronger by killing off the Platinum Dragons? It seemed like a conflict of interest to me and I just can't get my head around it.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the gems. That was a tough fight and you had to earn them on this shard. The double spawn of named shadowlords was, hmmmm, unique.

Yes, that is me standing in the dungeon with the SL before the event. Seems history repeated itself ... *remembers the gate in shadowlord base and how everyone could access it at first* ... nosey, errrrrr, inquisitive stealther types do a lot of scouting. Imagine my surprise when I wandered up on the demon temple and said the entry word that had been used on Great Lakes the night before and found myself face to face with the shadowlords (and dying instantly).

http://vimeo.com/6468205

I set a macro to say the word and hide immeditately and managed to get in and stay alive (third time the charm).

After discovering this little deja vu moment, I messaged a friend who contacted a friend who got hold of someone who removed the teleporter. But for hours before the event you could get in. I stayed inside until the event started to see if anyone else figured it out and to get video of the first players dropping into the dungeon. (long video)

http://vimeo.com/6468590

And yes, Arabella, Lake Superior is one of the most unselfish shards you can play. I went to Great Lakes for the faction play but I come home to LS when I need to remember what playing this game can really be. Congrats to all the players that pulled together and showed exactly what a community can do.

Welcome to LS Arabella! For those of you that don't know, she is Me Me and her real life daughter is Goat. The two crazy "kids" that fought the crimsons with no armor on newbie chars. These two are excellent faction and all around players. Give them a chance to train and gear up and LS has gained two incredibly dedicated and talented players.

Their never-give-up attitude even got the attention of the EM, so I am told. I guess at one point the EM started stacking their bodies! A player got a screenie of it and I hope to post that soon too.

M

Merik

That's right LS, RUOH is now the proud owner of TWO shards of the gem of immortality!

Pictured below: Monty, Lox, Broli, Elite and Nas.

Hey I know you! Get your butts back to Chesapeake! *Grabs Lox and Nas
by the ears* Lets go! Congrats on getting the shard fragments. I was unlucky on ours. Someone got all three :-( and to bad we didn't get extra shadowlords hehe.

I use to play Lake Superior for about four years waaay back in the day.
I owned a villa at the fel moongate. Fun times. So you better be treating my
old family Lake Superior right boys and girls! Don't make me come over there
and start making you do trammy things!!!

N

Nastia Cross

Its impossible that you got two gems since I know two people that each got gems. Maybe you got one and are trying to make it look like you got more, but its either that or you're lying and got none. Either way, its not like you people deserve any with the way you've been acting.

By the way, perhaps you can explain why you were so intent on making SL stronger by killing off the Platinum Dragons? It seemed like a conflict of interest to me and I just can't get my head around it.
Actually its not impossible. We killed both Astaroth's. There were SIX Shadowlords, two of each. I believe its because we defeated the Platinum Dragons. So, in all likelihood, our shard has SIX shards of the Gem of Immortality. If you'd like, talk to Lox / Tyrannize (Bombastic Fail on the forums), he is holding both shards for us. He'll probably let you see them.

I like how you say "with the way we've been acting". We were given a CHOICE to support either the Platinums or the Crimsons, we decided to support the Crimsons to see what would happen. Everyone had a choice. Only us and Oceania supported the Crimsons and prevailed. Did you happen to see all of the blues that showed up for the final battle yesterday? If you want to blame anyone, blame them for not showing up in Fel to defeat the Crimsons. The blues on Chesapeake and GL (two other shards that I play) all banded together and beat back both the reds that tried to kill them and the Crimsons.

T

Turles

yup ls was gifted with double the shadowlord spawns thanks to us. so there should be 6 gems on ls we got 2 of them. no idea how many reaLLY dropped though.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the gems. That was a tough fight and you had to earn them on this shard. The double spawn of named shadowlords was, hmmmm, unique.

Yes, that is me standing in the dungeon with the SL before the event. Seems history repeated itself ... *remembers the gate in shadowlord base and how everyone could access it at first* ... nosey, errrrrr, inquisitive stealther types do a lot of scouting. Imagine my surprise when I wandered up on the demon temple and said the entry word that had been used on Great Lakes the night before and found myself face to face with the shadowlords (and dying instantly).

http://vimeo.com/6468205

I set a macro to say the word and hide immeditately and managed to get in and stay alive (third time the charm).

After discovering this little deja vu moment, I messaged a friend who contacted a friend who got hold of someone who removed the teleporter. But for hours before the event you could get in. I stayed inside until the event started to see if anyone else figured it out and to get video of the first players dropping into the dungeon. (long video)

http://vimeo.com/6468590

And yes, Arabella, Lake Superior is one of the most unselfish shards you can play. I went to Great Lakes for the faction play but I come home to LS when I need to remember what playing this game can really be. Congrats to all the players that pulled together and showed exactly what a community can do.

Welcome to LS Arabella! For those of you that don't know, she is Me Me and her real life daughter is Goat. The two crazy "kids" that fought the crimsons with no armor on newbie chars. These two are excellent faction and all around players. Give them a chance to train and gear up and LS has gained two incredibly dedicated and talented players.

Their never-give-up attitude even got the attention of the EM, so I am told. I guess at one point the EM started stacking their bodies! A player got a screenie of it and I hope to post that soon too.
Thank you for the kind words :), that was so much fun that nite! I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time! Thanks for all the help that Otsu and his guild gave us. You shall see us both around as our schedule allows it. And I forgot RUOH was on Great Lake, I see a bola and Greater Dragons with their names on it! :danceb::danceb:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ACTUALLY I DID:

Any other bashing or forum trolling you want to do seeing as we proved you wrong in regards to the six shards?
No, you didn't, and still haven't... why did you do it knowing it was supposed to end up making SL stronger? You were all CoM.

N

Nastia Cross

Sorry if it threw a wrench into your RP of the factions or whatever, but the simple fact is our leaders decided they wanted to see what would happen if we beat the Platinum Dragons. There is no other explanation.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's good enough for me then. I don't agree with it, but at least I know what was going on.

N

Nastia Cross

Our guild is on several different shards and in almost all factions; CoM on LS and Cats, SL on GL and TB on Chessy... some of us were also in Minax on Chessy at one point. I think its safe to say that as a whole we don't feel loyalty to one faction or another. In fact, I believe the leaders are prepared to move us to SL on LS if the reward for SL is good.

I understand that people join a Faction as an RP thing. That's just not the case for us, and really never factors into the decisions our leaders make.