• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Runics and Armslore

• Thread starter ¥§hàdòw¥
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
¥

¥§hàdòw¥

I've finally gotten a couple of runics (Horned Kit and Copper Hammer) and while I can't wait to use them, I'm wondering if I should hold off. My armslore is just under 70 and from what I've read so far, I seems like I should wait to use them. Is my thinking correct or should I just go for it, since they are the lower runics?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd hold off on it until at least 80, since you're that close. That way you only lose 1 DI/resist point.

Getting to 80 is fairly easy, given that both blacksmith & tailor give you gains. Fill armor, weapon and hat BODs (other clothes and shields don't give arms lore gains), and you'll gain to 80 probably before the weekend is up.

Also make sure your skill is high enough that, with talisman, you'll be 100% Exceptional to make the items you want.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Thanks Basara,

I'm at 120 tailoring and still try to claw my way to 115 smithy. I didn't know that about the armslore gains, so thank you.