• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Runic Tools

J

Jest

Does any one have detailed information about the chance to get a Runic Saw from a Heartwood quest? Are there any determining factors about getting one?

For example, if I'm after a Heartwood Saw, do any of the following determine my chances?
- Carpentry Skill
- Type of Quest (Foot Stools vs Lap Harps)
- Time (Is a reward guaranteed after time if no luck in getting one)

And if all of those are a no, if it is literally completely random, has any one kept track of your quest turn ins? Ie, you turned in 1000 quests and got XYZ results?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is all completely random with no guarantee that you will ever get one. I usually take the one that uses the least amount of materials, such as the foot stools.

J

Jest

Gotcha, I was advised as such on Global chat as well but just wanted to make sure. Are there any resources that list the odds of each level of tool?

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if all of those are a no, if it is literally completely random, has any one kept track of your quest turn ins? Ie, you turned in 1000 quests and got XYZ results?
As already said, it is random, but I kept track regardless. I do around 3600 boards each run (beetle+packy+400 on me). Thats 400 footstools, 40 quests. I get usually one runic out of those 40 quests, sometimes even 2. Never ever got a heartwood, got a lot ash and yew.