• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic Problem?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I may not be understanding this correctly, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just bought a Gold runic hammer. According to the runic chart, the minimum number of mods a Gold hammer gives is 3 with a max of 4. One of the first axes I made came up with the 40 DI from it being Exceptionally made with GM Arms Lore, but only had 2 other mods, 98 Luck and Spell Channeling.

As I said, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't I missing a property here?

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

I just bought a Gold runic hammer. According to the runic chart, the minimum number of mods a Gold hammer gives is 3 with a max of 4. One of the first axes I made came up with the 40 DI from it being Exceptionally made with GM Arms Lore, but only had 2 other mods, 98 Luck and Spell Channeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this is tied to the DI problem mentioned in a previous thread.

I think it's counting DI as one of your mods, even though that's given from Arms Lore now. Think it's from back when the max from exceptional was 35, wasn't it?

C

Connor_Graham

From what I've seen, when it rolls DI, it adds it to the 40 I already have. I've seen plenty of axes that I've made with up to 55 DI on them.

G

Was it Spell Channeling FC-1 or just SC. If no -1 then the prop was FC 1 which cancelled the -1 so nothing was displayed.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Was it Spell Channeling FC-1 or just SC. If no -1 then the prop was FC 1 which cancelled the -1 so nothing was displayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just SC, and if that's the case, that's a waste.

Kind of like the one I made just before this one that was a Fire Ele slayer with 90% Fire damage....

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it spell channeling without the -FC.

If it doesn't have the FC-1 on it, that's a mod right there to make it not have a negative (As it would have had FC 1 on it but the FC-1 and FC 1 cancel out, so it doesn't show up on the weapon, thus an "unseen mod")

C

Connor_Graham

It's also pretty messed up that out of almost 3100 axes I've made, I've been able to come up with 5 super slayers, yet didn't get a single axe with SL, ML &amp; SSI in any intensity.

*end whine*

C

Connor_Graham

IMO, that's pretty messed up. If you're lucky enough to get both SC and FC1 rolled on the same item with a runic, you should be able to have the FC1, not lose a mod, especially on something like a Gold or higher runic.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem with that axe.

If you get SC without the -FC, then it counts as two mods.

G

Im getting nice mods. 30% SSI comes up a lot. I am afraid I am on the good end of the RNG.

I could take some swings for you while my luck is good. Im sure its a matter of 7 hours till my luck runs out. Thats when Im swinging the gold and aggy. Well maybe the aggy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kind of like the one I made just before this one that was a Fire Ele slayer with 90% Fire damage....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very sad when a skilled Smith makes that big of a mistake, when crafting a weapon. I'll trade you my poison elemental slayer with 80% poison damage for it.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

IMO, that's pretty messed up. If you're lucky enough to get both SC and FC1 rolled on the same item with a runic, you should be able to have the FC1, not lose a mod, especially on something like a Gold or higher runic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not loosing a mod, persay.

Spellchannelling has -always- come with -1FC. Always. It was the "penalty" for a weapon being spell channeling for magic users who wanted to be able to wield. I'm guessing the initial thoughts behind it was

Sure, they could have left the -1FC and then put the FC1 on there, but why bother? They cancel each other out. So you're still "Getting the mod" but its making there be no penalty to the speed of your casting.

PS Connor, I'll be harassing you tonight on your home decorating as I have a quiet night at home with nothing to do.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok, I'll be around. I've got my little one this weekend, so it's pretty much a stay at home weekend, both in RL and in game. I've still got around 100 runics to burn through, then get to start on my spined runics. I really haven't had much time at all to play over the past week, so am going to try to make up for it this weekend. It's supposed to be rainy all weekend too, so it looks like even going to the park is out.

Oh, and on my very last copper hammer, which was the very last runic short of buying another Gold, in Luna, on swing 19, I FINALLY got one with the mods I was looking for, although it only got 85% on all 3 of them, so I ended up with 25 SSI instead of 30, but at least I finally have one after weeks of hunting, doing strongbox quests, and buying up every bronze and copper runic I could get my hands on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's also pretty messed up that out of almost 3100 axes I've made, I've been able to come up with 5 super slayers, yet didn't get a single axe with SL, ML &amp; SSI in any intensity.

*end whine*

[/ QUOTE ]
Super slayer is a rare item property and trying to get one through crafting is a futile effort.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Engrave it "The axe of self-defeat"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Engrave it "The axe of self-defeat"

[/ QUOTE ]

No!

Even better. "The Axe of Utter Failure".

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO!!!!

The "Axe of Epic Fail" indeed.. HAHAAHAHAH!

Oh, boy, I needed that.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post a picture.

It likely has another mod like dmg spread that you are not showing us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SC with no -1FC = 2 props hehe

J

Jhym

If it had SC with no FC-1, the extra property was in FC. Otherwise donno.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Post a picture.

It likely has another mod like dmg spread that you are not showing us.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been long smelted, but no, it 100% physical damage with 72 durability. The only properties it had were the ones I've already stated.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then its a red herring.

Don't upset the Dev's with potential bugs unless you produce pictures.

Next time - snap a picture.

C

Connor_Graham

"Don't upset the Dev's with potential bugs unless you produce pictures."

I didn't need to post a picture, Mr Condescending. I made the post while I was looking at the thing. Note that I even had the durability? I saw what I thought might be a potential issue, so I brought it up. I'm not quite sure who exactly you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't post, but you should know by now I'll post whatever I want within the rules of the RoC, whether you like it or not.

G

I burned a couple of Barbed Runic kits the day the changes went live on Sonoma and instead of getting 5 to 6 mods per piece I only got 3 to 4 mods. I am saving the other 5 kits till this gets look into by the Devs.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I burned a couple of Barbed Runic kits the day the changes went live on Sonoma and instead of getting 5 to 6 mods per piece I only got 3 to 4 mods. I am saving the other 5 kits till this gets look into by the Devs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the mage armor bug and as far as I know, there's no eta on when that will be fixed. I also plan on holding on to my barbed kits for the fix.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I didn't need to post a picture, Mr Condescending. I made the post while I was looking at the thing. Note that I even had the durability? I saw what I thought might be a potential issue, so I brought it up. I'm not quite sure who exactly you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't post, but you should know by now I'll post whatever I want within the rules of the RoC, whether you like it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Theo, you've "earned" your crafting opinions, and most of the posters on Stratics know that. Connor voted himself into a position that most people actually work for and deserve.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry Theo, you've "earned" your crafting opinions, and most of the posters on Stratics know that. Connor voted himself into a position that most people actually work for and deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Garth.

He doesn't seem to understand that this board is littered with folks that don't understand crafting and at the first sign of something amis run off to post 'this is bugged!'

Jeremy and other folks from the dev team come around to investigate and waste time on something that isn't a bug but someone not understanding runic properties.

I've been through too many of these that turned out that what someone 'said' they created and what they actually created is two different things.

If you notice, whenever I post bugs I will always post a picture of said item so there is no confusion.

That's all I'm asking.

There are too many actual crafting bugs in the game that NEED to be worked on - we don't have Developer time to work on researching non-bugs.

If you have an issue - list the ingots, the runic and show a picture. Simple enough.

This whole issue here is likely spell channel no penalty which any crafter can tell you is two runic properties.

Peace.

I

imported_Chrome

I think this weapon is not a bug weapon.

Spell Channelling [FC-1]--- magic effect 1
Luck : 98 --- magic effect 2
Dagame increase +40%[magic35% + armslore5%] --- magic effect 3
Though FC+1 didn't add, this weapon is made by using gold runic hammer.

Elements of Damage increase
1. Higher of Exceptional[+35%] and Magic effect DI[+1~50%]
If exceptional and DI+35% are added at the same time,
using "Magic effect DI", not using "Exceptional".
2. Arms Lore[0~5%]
3. Material Bonus [wood]
4. Recipe Bonus

DI is sum of 1~4 , but including 4[recipe], Max of DI is 50%.

G

To be fair he was asking a question, and said multiple times to correct him if he was wrong. It's not like he was yelling about runic bugs and asking devs to check it out asap.

It's good advice to post pictures of items that come into question tho. People do not tend to remember things exactly, unless they are looking right at them as they are typing. I remember an old thread on the rares forum where people were talking about awesome mods on regular loot jewelry and someone actually listed six mods for an item. Oopsie!