• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Runic Hammers giving 20%+Lore bonus DI, not 35%+

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since someone is constantly bemoaning this on U.Hall, and not making the effort to post a report here where it actually belongs, I'll do it. I KNOW a couple months ago I copied/moved a discussion of this from the Craftsman forum here, but it apparently either went unapproved, or wandered off (it was during a period of MANY errors Stratics was having, and could have gotten lost in a backup restoration)

Weapon-making Runics, especially Valorite Hammers, are making items that have the early-AOS 20% Damage Increase bonus, not the 35% bonus that was instituted prior to the launch of Samurai Empire, before the Arms Lore bonus is added to the result.

GM Arms Lore Exceptionally made weapons should be 40% on most shards (SP & Mugen get a higher bonus), but most are showing up at 25% (and when it's higher, it's because a property got used in DI, that would have been rerolled on most runics under Valorite - Valorite is the only one with a guaranteed minimum over 35% DI if DI is a rolled property).

As most of the screaming is about the Hammers, I don't know without testing if it's occurring with the Carpentry or Fletching runics (and besides, I've never actually had one of those in heartwood to use other than on TC, and those are significantly different in charges I wouldn't trust them for testing for a bug).

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
This change was actually a fix for an error in the runic crafting code that had previously been identified and then later confirmed when Phoenix was working on the runic reforging system.

The team has discussed this issue and due to the fact that this issue had been around for so long as well as based on the feedback from players it has been decided to revert this damage increase change back to the original 35% value (not including any arms lore bonus).

This should be resolved in a future publish.