• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runebooks/Spellbooks missing from hotbar after death

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a hot bar with my rune books, spell books, chiv/bushido/necro/mystic... etc. Whenever I die, the slots are disabled, as if the books are no longer in my back pack.

I can drag the books back to their slots and they are usable again.

Anybody else experience this/have a solution?

Thanks.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this happend from time to time too, but the hot keys still work and once i hit the key it's no longer greyed out. Moving the book slightly also fixes it. Not sure if opening closing the backpack does but will try it on my next death (prob pretty soon lol).

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't noticed them resetting after moving the book in the backpack. I don't have hotkeys set for them because each character has different books... mage char/chiv char. I don't think I should have to set hot keys to them as a work around. I wonder if there is a fix that can be corrected in the UI.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had this problem for ages when I die, it is the most aggravating of all problems with Pinko's UI. Runebooks, spellbooks and more often than not the bag of sending do not reload after death and are greyed out. Opening and closing the back pack does NOT work to refresh, nor does recalling or crossing server lines. It also happens when I cross server lines on my fisherman, the stuff greys out and does NOT reload. I use pinko's and only experience it with this mod, it doesn't happen in the default UI. I reported it ages and ages ago and got no assistance other than suggestions to open/close pack. If i move the item in my backpack it refreshes it, but this is kinda counter productive if I have to shift everything to use it. Pressing cntrl R to reload the interface brings it back but this sometimes takes so LONG due to the lag experienced with this function that more often it would be quicker to log out and back in.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also noticed this happening now without even dying. It happens with my trapped box. I don't use a macro, just with the box dropped directly on the hotbar. The box will go grey during normal game play. I haven't isolated it to a specific incident, but does happen about 20 seconds or so after I've triggered it. The box is still facing the correct way in my backpack to function, it's just the hotbar icon has gone grey.

I may just have to set them all up on macros and drag the macros to the hotbar... this may keep them from going grey.