• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runebooks Reloaded

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Is it just me or do other colors in the game also look brighter? First thing I noticed when I logged in was that the whites seems quite minty, and there were more shadows on my plant. THEN I saw my rune books.
Cheers!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miscellaneous Changes
Legacy runebooks have been reverted to pre-Publish 92.

Thank you very very much!!! I feel like I just met up with old friends I haven't seen for a long long time!!!!!! Again, thank you for listening to us Devs!!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
TY DEVS. I didn't think the post I did on this was going to be so big. I hope u think about a book or something to hold all my rune and mage books. we keep getting more and more books. would really help lol. I did find a couple blank runes that covered the rune on rune books that I didn't notice lol. getting old and going blind

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There was no need for a revert here. The runebooks were fine. Runebooks are now, once again, hard to distinguish from Spellbooks again since the ankh on the front is no longer as prominent.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There was no need for a revert here.
I imagine there will be some division here. I can see both sides. I haven't posted about this topic until just now, but I can say this; a couple days ago, because I myself couldn't distinguish my rune book colors, I accidentally hit a Felucca rune with my pure mule who has practically no armor. I was dead before I hit the spot. Very bad luck to recall to a red, yes, but would not have happened if I had been able to distinguish between those colors (which I've had for longer than I can recall). As a result, I'm encouraged by the change. I do hope this doesn't happen to you, or to anyone else, that's for sure.
Cheers

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you people make me sick.

The devs should forget about the current bad apple remaining player base that does nothing but complain so the devs hard work has to be reverted. They should concentrate on doing things to attract new players, the current player base is old and finished and literraly dieing off.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you people make me sick.

The devs should forget about the current bad apple remaining player base that does nothing but complain so the devs hard work has to be reverted. They should concentrate on doing things to attract new players, the current player base is old and finished and literraly dieing off.

The devs should concentrate on fixing the broken stuff, and leave what isn't broken alone...then none of this fiasco would have even happened. Don't blame the players for this, this was entirely completely totally 100% devs shooting themselves in the foot. And no new players are gonna be coming, the stuff we are getting added now will not add any 'new' players, just bring some old ones back for a short time to look around before leaving again. What you see is all we will ever have, for the most part. The trick will be to keep enough of us around to make that 20 year mark before the plug gets pulled.

Now, when do we get a revert on the IDOC timers and such?!?!?!?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you people make me sick.

You should see a Dokter about your condition :) and TY Devs for listening to the players.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird I have been more excited about this patch than the next Pub :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or a revert back to a time when Mining and Lumber jacking was a worthwhile occupations when the ores and log types were not constantly changing.
Yeah not worth spending my little time hunting for special ores...I'll just keep supporting the scripters like they evidently intended for us to do.