• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune meeting on Chess. Napa?

• Thread starter Salya Sin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Salya Sin

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=154823

That is an AWESOME idea! I watch people drop runes for their vendors... auctions... other... all the time. And then I watch someone walk along ten minutes later and pick them all up. I've often wondered if maybe 300gp for 20 runes is just too much for some players. Anyway... what do we Napans think of this?

R

Richard Pryor

I think it's not a bad idea. Maybe have some vendor books locked somewhere and then have a rune submission process or something like that.

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as a vendor outside of luna i think this is a great idea, though i think it could get painful pretty quick as more and more vendors are added. we need a way to catalog the vendors to know whats there so potential customers dont have to spend hours visiting/revisiting vendors to find what they are looking for. ive kicked around several times the concept of a databased website that would allow UO vendors to have a web store front. sort of a self-managed version of searchuo.com that could work in conjuction with the rune library. the vendors would maintain information on their stock and their services. players could search and find items/services on the website, get the rune #, in the game find it in the vendor rune library and recall.

S

Salya Sin

as a vendor outside of luna i think this is a great idea, though i think it could get painful pretty quick as more and more vendors are added. we need a way to catalog the vendors to know whats there so potential customers dont have to spend hours visiting/revisiting vendors to find what they are looking for. ive kicked around several times the concept of a databased website that would allow UO vendors to have a web store front. sort of a self-managed version of searchuo.com that could work in conjuction with the rune library. the vendors would maintain information on their stock and their services. players could search and find items/services on the website, get the rune #, in the game find it in the vendor rune library and recall.
That would take a lot of coordination but it would be a HUGE benefit. Maybe everyone who is constantly spamming about Luna vendors would chime in or help because this would definitely end the domination there. Although I do know that searchuo is trying to add outside Luna vendors. Not sure where they are on that. I just thought this would be a neat way to insure that the rune theft stops and an even better way to bring more people outside Luna to other vendors.