• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rune libraries?

JustMe

Adventurer
I'm on my t-hunter, who i haven't used in 15+ years, and I cant find a t-hunters rune library. do they still exist? how do people do t-hunting recently? I have gm lock picking and cartography, but I still cant find the digging spot on some maps. am i missing something? is there programs I can use?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new system they do not have set locations. When I was doing it I would just bring a few maps to the same area of the map. And if I did not like that area or did not have a rune to it I would just put them back and let them reset but it has been a few years for me.

JustMe

Adventurer
what do you mean they reset? are there any programs to help? can you get cordance to use on the map? I can read the map just cant find it to dig it up..

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ask on your shard if they have a public Davies' locker. ( I know Atl and Chessy have one. ) It will give you the coordinates to go to - very handy! It will give them in whole coordinates. (Ex. 130N 65E) I find if I dig in the middle - 130o 30' N 65o 30' E, I usually pull up the chest. You may also find remove trap to help now. Mining is no longer needed.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you open up a map and do not dig it up, after 30 days the location changes. It is good if the chest is located in a heavy spawn area. As for programs, I have no idea. I just use Davies' Locker and a sextant.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use to use just the locker but I have not done it since the last up date that change the levels of them. I do not have any program other then whats built into the EC.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you use EC, Pinco's UI has some handy mapping features. As for getting to the dig sites, I just carry City and Dungeon runebooks, plus I've built a runebook with runes to some remote / inconvenient locations (e.g. Daemon Temple, islands, hedgemaze). That's about the best you can do anymore since the location is now truly random. As @Malee stated, you might want to invest in Remove Trap. Without it you'll end up having to kill extra mobs that don't give any loot, wasting a lot of time in the process. See: Treasure Map - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

JustMe

Adventurer
whats Pinco's UI? I'm on atlantic if anyone wants to show a (now) newbe how its done. thank you all for the help!

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is actually a new tmap library on Chessy. Information on the library and locations is located here

Treasure Maps - Old Stratics

I went thru and made a copy of these locations by hand and have the full library for personal use. Took quite a while to do by hand. Can be copied using a pen of wisdom or two. Message me if your interested in a set and I can provide a price for the library. As you can imagine there are alot of books....even using the Atlas books like I did. I can deliver to any shard once done.

Just drop me a message if your interested.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a T-Map Rune Library on Lake Austin.

It has
1. The old map locations (both THB and Goodmans) in Rune Atlases for use as Tram/Fel shortcuts
2. An Atlas of Tram islands not in the above that might have maps (and are good spots to launch ships from for SOS).
3. An Atlas of Malas shortcuts to various regions.
OTher regions are a work in progress. In many cases Tokuno and Ter Mer can be lethal to recall into instead of gating (where you can run back through) so I'm not sure of the wisdom of short cuts except to known safe areas

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't play ATL but I do IDOCs there, and someone showed me a really neat rune library. 76 13 N 26 5 E Atlantic Treasure Hunter's Association They have a public davies locker and tons of runebooks. As for programs I still use UO Auto Map, it doesn't work for some, but I believe someone came up with some fixes for it so it works for me (sometimes) I use a sextant and Davies Locker as well (sextant for when UO Auto Map is being mean to me!)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't play ATL but I do IDOCs there,

Whats the point in doing the IDOCs there the Past few I went to had close to 100 players and bots for a house that had a 30 week old bird showing and a Mannequin with a hook shield. From doing idoc for years and ATL is the worst shard to do them on.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whats the point in doing the IDOCs there the Past few I went to had close to 100 players and bots for a house that had a 30 week old bird showing and a Mannequin with a hook shield. From doing idoc for years and ATL is the worst shard to do them on.
Well not all of them are like that. There are ones later in the night and there are usually about 20 or less players at them. I get a lot more high end items from ATL than the other shards that I do, so I stick with it.