• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune libraries

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you organize yours? And what kind of furniture do you use? Display etc?

Would love to see some pictures and read how people have organized these.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see pics too, I will eventually be trying to put one in my vendor house I think (still not sure), and I'm gradually collecting runebooks from idocs (mostly the premarked ones but also get the neon colored ones etc). I just need to get organized then see what I can do with what I have and what I need to add to it, and how I'm going to wedge everything in the space that I have...

It's a *very* long term project, lol.

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is mine on Catskills in Malas. I am going to need to do a redesign soon or use the second floor to give more space for the books.
Hopefully the link works.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thanks. So how have you organized them? Might need to head to Catskills to take a look.

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have all of the town runes in the front middle section. On the right side I have dungeons and quests.
On the left side I have the t-maps, and other areas like Tokuno and Malas as well as smiths, tanners, taming spots etc.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is the bottom floor of Uriah's Rubble Reading Room, a small but functional rune library

the southwest corner is town rune books, along with various shop-type books

northwest corner is complete T-map library, Trammel and Felucca

east side is points of interest and quest books

what I particularly like about it is the deco..... no guessing.... houses? must be town books! :D

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I do not like those libraries where you have to browse through hundreds of books to find what you need, I set up a rune library at the United Pirates Headquarters on Catskills, which consists of only one chest. This chest contains runebooks to all important locations.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I use wooden boxes.
Engrave them all with what they are. And also use a color coded rune that also says what the section is.

Doesn't look like a typical library but makes my life easier when I'm looking for a rune.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I use wooden boxes.
Engrave them all with what they are. And also use a color coded rune that also says what the section is.

Doesn't look like a typical library but makes my life easier when I'm looking for a rune.
I like this idea. I just don't have the space available for all the wooden benches needed. I also liked the Pirate idea of one chest -- Might add that in as well. The library with the no guessing involved was cool. I could have fun with that, if I had more space. My library will be in a castle, so that has to be factored in as well.