• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rude Newbies Everywhere!

N

nodgree

In the last 3 days my wifes store has been FLOODED with newbies. Normally this is fine, we're more than happy to help out but, we have had some of the RUDEST people come there. We have been called name, threatened and just plain abused by these new (all of them were free players as well) sims. We have a ban list a mile long because of this. The thing is, you boot them and they make a new free sim and come right back and start all over again. Anyone else having this problem?

C

Catwoman1966

I'm sick of the rudeness of some of these newbies. They scream at you when you wont give them money and get quite obnoxious.
I'm not the only one who is growing tired of this.
Make them a city of their own so they can all gripe at each other and leave us paying subscribers to play in peace!

Cat.

M

MandiK

I havent experienced this. I have a Welcome Center in EA Land and have been absolutely jam packed with newbies. Yesterday, all day long, there were between 11 and 25 people constantly, most of which were newbies. I found them very nice & inquisitive. They loved hanging out at my house, and getting questions answered and just having a place to have fun at.

C

Catwoman1966

Some are polite but a majority of them aren't. I think most of them are kids.
Have you been in a money house when they come in?
Supposedly they are not supposed to be able to get in but some do!
And they get extremely nasty at times.
I don't pay my subs to get screamed at cos I wont give them money!

Cat.

S

ScottyII

I remember when the game first went live several years ago, I had a popular established lot. (I'm a Founder) And when the game was released at Christmas, my lot was FLOODED with newbies. Most of them were rude, nosy, arrogant, and just plain nasty. I was nice for as long as I could, but I had enough and started pile driving the little blighters and banning them from my lot. Don't take their abuse.

F

festrmentmagnet

I had a newb ask for money, and I found it so funny because my sim only had 3 dollars, LOL.

I

imported_Spacey

Just be thankful that new people are coming to the game. They will learn the ropes and realize (hopefully) that rudeness gets you nowhere. Be patient. In the meantime, like one poster said, piledrive them lol.

G

You made the point I was going to make, Scotty....that this is little different from the first launch of the game...only better because they can not tag us this time around or trash our homes as roomies.

We all have the tools to deal with this, if we chose to use them.

*Boot, Ban & Ignore*

It is true, that we have not had to use them this extensively in years....but if you think about it, its all good......it means that we are having a huge insurge of players.

It will settle down, as the get the free accounts fixed and refined. In the mean time....at least they are not AFK.....

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Stores have always attracted griefers. The rude people at your store may not have been new players at all. Could have been your competition just sending in free accounts to drive you insane. The game will always have players that wish to cause you grief, whether they are free players or paying subscribers.

Each of us must know our threshold and know how to handle it. Accusing all new players of being rude is counter-productive to building a stronger community.

G

I think ignoring does a lot of good. Don't start discussion or war with these people, they will only want to get to you more. Perhaps this is just one stalker. Ignore them, but kick them out and ban them if they cause too much trouble.

V

VitArm

I find rude newbies entertaining. I have no problem with them. I just be rude back. Hehe.

G

I have a monkey sim in TC3 so *if* a rude newbie comes in I'm known to say "BEHAVE OR GET MAULED"
Believe it or not, this actually has made the few I've encountered shut up and either behave or leave, and gets alot of laughs from the rest of the people in the house, and is done without a single really rude word or swear word, so that's a bonus LOL

What irritated me yesterday was a sim that came in to the money house I was, and apparently bookmarked every sim there because shortly after he poofed I got a PM from him saying he was at his friends money house and was asked to go and try to get people to come there to visit. I find that SO rude.
There are many other ways to get guests, and all that does is get you on ban lists of houses since I know he was banned from the house I was in that he did this at. I don't understand why some people are selfish like that...the fact that they are luring away (or trying to) other people's guests mean nothing, as long as they can get ahead.
That's only happened once though, so I am hoping this doesn't start an unwelcome pattern of that kind of crap.

But no, if I was a roomie the power to b/b/i would make me not worry about rude sims at all. You can't behave at my house when I'm giving you premium service, you don't get to stay and you can go to a house without serenades and that even serves barfet that might allow you to be rude just so they can have the visitor hours....I've been out of high school too long to put up with the headaches anymore LOL.

G

yes times like these aggrevating ones its a shame they werent kept in tc3 and not let into ealand as it was originally.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I had a newb ask for money, and I found it so funny because my sim only had 3 dollars, LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. That is so funny. I had 4 of them come into my store last night and I spoke to them twice but they didn't answer so I hid and watched them. They we're trying out the interactions on each other. It was actually funny and I was getting visitor hours. LOL If they had of gotten nasty I would have booted and banned though.

N

NightFlyer

Ban, boot, ignore is great 'til you reach your limit on ban and ignore.

We need higher limits with the element out there these days. All of you who enjoy the free account players,rude and obnoxious as they are, please! invite them all to your lots.

I can't even visit a store without being harassed by them.

N

nodgree

My posts are gone again?!! What is going on here. This is the 2nd post to dissappear in this thread.

G

It is not permissable to discuss moderator actions publicly.

Rule I of the RoC: Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

Please send me a PM if you do not receive the one I just sent you.

Niki

G

<blockquote><hr>

yes times like these aggrevating ones its a shame they werent kept in tc3 and not let into ealand as it was originally.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm glad they are in EA Land, BUT I hope they fix the bug that allow them to go places other than residential and store lots. They need to see what they are missing out on as free players so that they will want to become subscribers, if they are people who can subscribe and just choose not to rather than being one who *cannot* subscribe even if they dearly want to, so I think having that restriction there, while still having free play in TC3 so that the ones that cannot subscribe at all can still have a full game to play, is a great compromise.

I've asked sims in TC3 that I've met (been concentrating on skilling up there since I have friends there that are newbies that I'm still talking to and helping, and just plain enjoying) why they are free players and what would it take for them to subscribe if they ever would subscribe, and the 3 most common answers are

1) Can't for financial reasons.

2) Waiting to see if amnesty happens (and/or 4th year gifts) to see if EA is going to keep their promises this time. These are the ones that were around during the 2 years we had no devs at all so they are still feeling the *sting*.

3. Waiting until we can play more than one sim in the same city at the same time. These are mostly the ones that only have one account and they think if they only can play one sim at a time that there's no point in having 8 sims in EA Land and 6 sims in TC3 since they'd been gone so long that they have no sims waiting to merge.

Hopefully when reasons 2 and 3 are no longer issues, the subscription rates will skyrocket over a short period of time after those changes take effect. The more the free players are exposed to the benefits/limitations ratio, the more they will understand why subscribing is a good idea, if it's possible financially.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

You think the newbies are rude?

Nothing compared to the rude in RL. Nothing

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

It is not permissable to discuss moderator actions publicly.

Rule I of the RoC: Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

Please send me a PM if you do not receive the one I just sent you.

Niki

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Niki, I JUST got the PM's. Must have been lagged. I see why they were removed now.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

You think the newbies are rude?

Nothing compared to the rude in RL. Nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasnt directed at all Newbies
I have had a good amount of very pleasant newbies come to all of my lots. I like being able to help them and point them in the right direction. But there is a bad apple in every bunch. Actually, a majority of bad apples lately

G

I have a jam house in JP and I had to temporarily change it to a skill house. I'm just sick and tired of it. I thought that newbies weren't supposed to be allowed in money houses. I also have the original EAL house I bought and it went from a residence to love house, because I was misled and told only residences were getting the newbies. I haven't been to the house in days and won't go until I can change that one into a skill house as well. This flood of newbies are about the most annoying group of ppl I have ever encountered. When I did the 14 day trial last year, I immediately fell in love with the game and subscribed a day later. I asked a million questions, but I wasn't rude. I was cordial and courteous for as long as I could take it, but I have opted the skillhouse category rather than be rude myself.

G

You know, it seems that Free Account = New player. But, I think we need to remember that ANYONE can get a free account. So, that annoying newbie may just be your Ex (In Sim Life, I'd hope) driving you mad.

Oh, and you can have this for taking care of them.

G

Also newbies can be paying for the game.

Owning busy lots has always been a pain when the game was busy.

the fact that there are many people here to annoy is a very good sign.

players like this is what ultimately led me to decide to no longer open my house to the public.

I hate the public, why would I want to host them.

G

I was just telling my husband this over dinner. He has a store in EA and doesn't seem to be getting the influx of rudeness the rest of us are. Yes..there seem to be large numbers of new players...most are free....and many are rude! I have banned and kicked out alot of them in both my entertainment club and my welcome house. I don't allow foul talk in any of my homes and never have seen so much of this in such a short period of time. I don't know if it is the free status or what....but something is bringing out some really rude people to sims, and ruining it for others!

Madame Kitty

G

Good point Gracie, I Know that for a fact one "competitor" in general has done just that, he has also im'd me asking what I sold and if I was camping sims out. Just because I have recently made it on the top 100 list. I do have 5 accounts but when I am running a store, I find it annoying to have that many on . personally I don't care about making it high on the list I am happy being at the bottom because then at least people know u are there. I have had several run ins with the frOObs, and yes most are annoying but I have made a few friends along the way as well. I have recently acquired a wonderful new room mate who is a long time player and she has been keeping the store open most of the night which works out well cause I am on most of the day, there fore we acquired enough hours to make it on the list. I do not play AFK but she does, which is fine with me.
I set a buffet for the noobs, and make sure that they can adequately green themselves and as long as they are not rude or obnoxious they can stay as long as they want. I also provide them with skill items so they can skill if they choose. I have found that most do not want to sit there and skill at 25-71% so they normally don't stay long.
I do not however put up with, begging, rudeness, Hormones,(I'm sure u know what I mean by that), or sims that do not clean up after themselves. my ignore list is almost as long as my friends list now but I guess u do what u have to to play your game the way You like to play it.
Gracie, I have always loved visiting your store and u have always been a gracious host and I have known u since i started playing in DG as Mystique. You have helped me immensely with this game a numerous amount of times.
You know what i find to be the most hilarious thing I have seen for sell in some of the stores.............. people are selling rotten pumpkins LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO.
wonder if anyone has bought them.

D

Drake-

when a sim comes to my lot in TC and asks a million gameplay questions,, i tell them go play offline sims and see me in three days

G

and what is up with newbies hiding and reapearing...are they affraid to walk? does it take too long? ive seen it so much it freaks me out when they just dissapear and re-appear right next to me!

G

<blockquote><hr>

and what is up with newbies hiding and reapearing...are they affraid to walk? does it take too long? ive seen it so much it freaks me out when they just dissapear and re-appear right next to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guilty of that, not all the time, but guilty nonetheless.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, its not the hiding and re-appearing that bothers me, its when I try to hide while I do something like take care of my daughter and they go from object to object to fined me. I come back to the computer and find my sim standing there in a puddle of pee pee

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, its not the hiding and re-appearing that bothers me, its when I try to hide while I do something like take care of my daughter and they go from object to object to fined me. I come back to the computer and find my sim standing there in a puddle of pee pee

[/ QUOTE ]

Also guilty.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all good, just made myself a nice room with a code door to protect myself. Was thinking of using a pay door to fool the newbies but then I remembered, they're more broke than I am

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...they are probably just clicking on stuff and keep catching the 'hide' feature....I do that myself, if I am not careful.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...they are probably just clicking on stuff and keep catching the 'hide' feature....I do that myself, if I am not careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I click to hide and end up salvaging stuff

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]Guilty as charged here as well!

I'm sorry... They do call it "hide and seek" for a reason!