• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rubble Value to take a Blow?

xxstaticxx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old Magincia

* Three new quests to help heal the land by releasing the spirits trapped in Magincia’s ruins
o The quest giver is a mage near the Magincia moongate
o Quest rewards are three types of rubble, one for each quest (total of 12 pieces)
+ Trees
+ Broken furniture
+ Building pieces
o Quests are non-repeatable

* Three types of ghosts now reside in Magincia
o Restless Souls
+ Invulnerable, unmoving
+ Notices player movements
+ Can be released by using Spirit Speak nearby
# Drops Threads of Life
o Forsaken Souls
+ Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia
+ Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby
# Drops Threads of Thought
o Corrupted Souls
+ Red, aggressive
+ Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking
+ Can only be released by being killed
# Drops Threads of Fate

I noticed this on uo.com and figured not everyone had seen it yet. I'm wondering what others thoughts are on this matter, will some rubble now have a much lower value? are these new rewards going to be the same shape, hue and name as original rubble? How do others feel about EA constantly Re-releasing current in game content (mostly rare) back into the game? And what effect will this have on the current market?

Whatever market is left any ways, Based on mine and others sales thread's there isn't just too much of a market left thanks to dupers :(.

W

Wraith One

well, theres suppose to be 12 different pieces of rubble. So far I've only seen 3, when I get more I'll post some pics of them. Right now, the bookcase will take a blow, but the other 2 I have don't affect anything.

K

Kratos Aurion

oh yeah that helps I think I seen you but I was lagging real bad. Went in and died off the bat with no macros lol. Shame that it ruins some of the good rubble.

K

Kratos Aurion

Ew I'm not liking the torn painting so much as a rubble prize. But it may or may not be a good thing.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why is EA this lazy? seriously they can't think of any other new items to be made into rubble? have to screw over the value of preexisting rubble and the ruined painting arty will take a fall from it... lame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, this is one of the dumbest things EA has done with UO. They are not only lazy, but ruining the game. Why would they do this? A ruined paitning? Lame.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't they adjusted this type of thing in response to sound arguments from the rares community? (IE: changing the color of the birds nest in the spring cleaning event?).

Maybe some other suggestions could be made as for what items could be given out as prize rubble. Something perhaps that was in Magincia but wasn't turned into rubble, that could be a nice addition of a new set of pixels to have...

[Speaking as someone who has a big pile of rubble ohii trees, about 25 full rubble log sets, and a rubble stump, I'm rather desensitized to the value of rubble being hurt by new items being added at this point.]

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, Tirna. People should be constructive and not jump the gun. It is only on the test center after all.

B

Bodhi

Exactly, Tirna. People should be constructive and not jump the gun. It is only on the test center after all.
Well i hope they will listen. I think most people will agree that these rewards such as the ruined painting are a blow in the face for the people who have been investing so much time in thieving the stealables/magincia event. I went on TC and its ridicously easy to obtain the threads...

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collecting comes with no guarantees. Ruined painting I think has a good case for it since it is an established artifact rarity.

However, there is always a risk of EA releasing something that used to be a rare. It has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. We can from time to time request them to change things up to maintain the identity of the old rares but this is only possible if done in a constructive manner and with the willingness to accept the worst case scenario.

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe yesterday's updates to the release notes in the "Old Maginicia" section will come as good news: "Rubble rewards are all unique - they do not overlap craftables or Magincia Invasion rubble. You can see the possible rewards in the quest gump. "

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So ruined painting is not part of the final list after all.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm of a different mind... I've never seen a problem with repeating a graphic if the tag is changed... just my opinion on it

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think before there was same graphic + same text *rubble* - now you have some repeats of server births but it has a different tag *rubble*

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i don't own the true rare that the same graphic is copied for, then i don't have a problem, but if it do it sucks

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone posted some pictures on UHall of rubble obtained which does seem to include more server-birth type stuff (pulleys, stack of logs, canvas rack) but also shows some popular rare rubble pieces like the big barrier stone, moongate stones, pier post, and possibly (pictured but not identified) the rubble fire.
This is the thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=108411

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Ruined Painting is the only rare decoration introduced by the developers intentionally that hasn't become relatively worthless. It would make no sense to ruin it.