• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) RPers meeting ... OOC

C

CatLord

RPers meeting ... OOC

Greetings...

It seems everyone wants to work together in the RP community.
So here is an idea.

Leave your rp characters at home.
Show up to a OOC meeting on a trial account character named "Average Joe".
Present your ideas without mentioning guilds or characters names.
Keep it all unbiased.
You have five minutes to give your view.

First Goal could be to share ways to improve the Community... and how can help each other.

Guild related stuff could be done in game and interacting... or not. (no clue what is best for the majority even if I have a clear picture by myself)

This way everyone will be an equal member of the RP community.
His/Her ideas will be judged for what they are... not for what connections the player has.

The meeting will have the basic rules...
- no foul language
- no disrespect
and an added one... no IC.

What do you say?

Addendum:
We can use another shard... and our accounts... so we dont have to setup a trial account.
I bet we can use the Chessie Meeting Room at Castle Britannia... Trammel facet.
And learn a thing or seven from it...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is a good idea, but I don't think it is necessary to hide behind an anonymous character to speak your opinion.

However, knowing a bit of Catskills history I have doubts that discussions will help much. What this shard lacks is people who actually DO something and start an avalanche. I myself feel not quite capable of doing this, due to a lack of time and my time zone. But I would participate and contribute as much as possible. (My impression is that UO in general lacks of people who are willing to spend a lot of time in game for other things than items.)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is a good idea, but I don't think it is necessary to hide behind an anonymous character to speak your opinion.

However, knowing a bit of Catskills history I have doubts that discussions will help much. What this shard lacks is people who actually DO something and start an avalanche. I myself feel not quite capable of doing this, due to a lack of time and my time zone. But I would participate and contribute as much as possible. (My impression is that UO in general lacks of people who are willing to spend a lot of time in game for other things than items.)
I do think Pandora is doing a great job. And though my schedule doesn't allow for frequent interactions, I hope that others are following her lead.

Apart from that, I'm with Pike in regards to time available and time zone.

But I will add that if anyone comes up with a plan which encourages more interaction between players in a role played manner, then I'll help to the best of my ability.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd try to get something started but everytime I log in no one is around or it's like a member of pgoh who has horrible lag or one that bank sits all day and doesn't talk. And the pirates I can't find it's usually just me whenever I get on and looking around for people is pointless, there are more RP posts than actual RP interactions.

That being said I think next time I'm on Scarst and see a moving orange I'm going to attack them (with a warning) except if it's James because that'll lead no where but confusion.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am with the others on this. There are too few of us these days that log in much, including myself. For me it is not so much from a lack of interest, but form a feeling of hopelessness.

I have little time these days to play games, and what time I have I have spent in LOTRO.

I am though willing to give things a shot in UO again, but mob spawn driven RP has never appealed to me. I need plot lines that unfold in the game, and to have this, you must have people in game. But an OOC meeting? ...um. no thanks.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RP OOC meetings on Catskills have a long history of not only failing to bring anything good, but of deepening splits between different groups.

Having everybody use the exact same name will just make a lot of people very confused, and make journal logs useless. It will end up being a very limited conversation where only the fast typers and fast readers are involved.

Also, having it be "anonymous" won't last long - after a few minutes, most people will know exactly who the talkative folks are.

Spend the time roleplaying instead... it'll be more fun and have a better benefit.

If you want to have a discussion on improving the community, do so on forums where everyone has time to think and participate, even those who aren't available at a specific time or who can't keep up with a fast-paced conversation.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RP OOC meetings on Catskills have a long history of not only failing to bring anything good, but of deepening splits between different groups.

Having everybody use the exact same name will just make a lot of people very confused, and make journal logs useless. It will end up being a very limited conversation where only the fast typers and fast readers are involved.

Also, having it be "anonymous" won't last long - after a few minutes, most people will know exactly who the talkative folks are.

Spend the time roleplaying instead... it'll be more fun and have a better benefit.

If you want to have a discussion on improving the community, do so on forums where everyone has time to think and participate, even those who aren't available at a specific time or who can't keep up with a fast-paced conversation.

*nods in agreement.*

C

CatLord

I was just being courteous.

OOC Meeting:
- Chessie, Bard Hall, New Haven, last day of August, 9 pm est.

Thank you.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills has EMs who appear to enjoy and encourage RPing. We are fortunate that way. Why not get together as a group, discuss ideas for RP plot lines, and then enlist the EMs' help to make the best ideas a reality?

We can discuss ideas in OOC meetings ingame, here on the boards, and whatever other venue seems pleasing.

In all truth, lack of any real interest at this time. *grins*But as I said, good luck to those who choose to.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do think Pandora is doing a great job. And though my schedule doesn't allow for frequent interactions, I hope that others are following her lead.

Apart from that, I'm with Pike in regards to time available and time zone.

But I will add that if anyone comes up with a plan which encourages more interaction between players in a role played manner, then I'll help to the best of my ability.
Thanks Far for the acknowledgement. I try... sometimes it doesn't go as I planned it. But that doesn't stop me from trying!! Matter of fact it only fuels me more. There are so many storylines and plots in my head that I have YET to unfold. I am BLESSED to have in my guild some amazing people that can really write stuff... OR give me great ideas for me to write stuff!!

I wish more people would join me... WRITE WITH ME!!! I am really only an ICQ/email away, throw ideas my way, let's collaborate. I would LOVE (LOOOOOOOOOOOVE) to work with UP and Aegis too and Olympus... there must be a place for all of us!

Speaking of... see my thread on Ilhenir. I am sure you will find it to your liking!

:)