• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP News] Breaking News. Britannian Warships Blockade the Port of Magincia.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britannian Warships Blockade the Port of Magincia
WarderDragon

Reports are coming in that Warships - associated with the House of Fig - have blockaded the Northern Shore of the Isle of Pride.

The Warships - armed with cannons and soldiers - are preventing trade vessels associated with the Free Port and her allies from entering and leaving the harbor.

The show of force appears to be related to tonights meeting between the Citizens of Magincia and the Britannian High Council. The Britannians - in particular Fig and Elladan - have announced their willingness to bring war to the Isle unless the Magincians submit and acknowledge the Virtues.

The meeting is tonight - 7:00 PM PST / 10:00 EST - at the Sea Witch Tavern in Northern Magincia.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amazing I must say.

What? It's been a week they've been sworn in as Council Members and they have taken it upon themselves to declare war in the name of Britannia upon a peaceful people in order to try to make them submit to their wills?

*shakes head*

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amazing I must say.

What? It's been a week they've been sworn in as Council Members and they have taken it upon themselves to declare war in the name of Britannia upon a peaceful people in order to try to make them submit to their wills?

*shakes head*

You mean amazed they refrained one whole week? :lick:

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Ancient sailed into the northern harbor of New Maginica with his brand new fleet behind him. The fleet was still new and in need of many supplys. He thought he would kill two birds with one stone and attend the meeting while his ships were being filled with wool and wood for the ships maintence.

He entered the Sea Witch and was immediately greeted with hostilities. Shouts of "Warmonger" were circled through the room. Maginica warships surrounded the fleet cutting of any possibility of escape. On the docks armed guards lead by Trillian searched the new fleet for signs of hostilities. The cannons on all the ships were clean and never been used and the cargo holds were empty. There were only a lone tillerman stearing each boat.

Fig was outraged. "This is how you treat friends? I was invited here. Those ships are not even of Britian design. They are Gargoyle ships. Well I see now what my word and loyality have bought me. I will not set foot on your island ever again!", he yelled at Valek and the rest of the crowd.

Fig turned around and stormed out of the Sea Witch. He was crushed. For them to even think he was capable of such things was beyond his belief.

He stopped at the beached an looked out upong the fleet he had just finished. A single tear slid down his cheek as he raised his arms and sopke words of power.

One by one, each ship flashed out of existince until there was no trace left of them. The old man looked back upon the Island on last time, and said " Farewell Maginica, I hope you survive", then vanished from sight.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK I am but a simple Slug. But, Fig, you are invited to speak of in front of a people you have threatened to destroy if they do not humbly submit to the dictatorship of you and Sir Elladan, and you bring a fleet of ships with you? No matter how battle ready the ships were, or no matter what their origins, how is that NOT a show of force? My God man, it's like wipin before you poop, it makes no sense! :coco:

It seems my fears may be coming true. Brittannia will achieve unity through force and the rights and opinions of the individual will be squashed. (or in my case squished) whatever

(RP only)

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The fact remains, I came to Maginica under a flag of truce to offer my support. I was invited to witness an example of Maginica politics..Not to mention to offer the support of a fleet of GARGOYLE ships hoping to be allowed to re-supply at the major marketplace for seafaring vessals.

To be accused of provoking war with the very ships I had hoped to defend Maginicia with, even while I was only trying to use a 'free' port to resupply my ships(which were there to defend Maginicia against any attack)..PER MY PROMISE..

We now know what a promise with the inhabitents of Humility island means So much for flag of truce. Even after I left, you refused to listen to Fern as she pleaded the case of Britian, in an effort to save the lives of its inhabitants. But between you and Dante, you have managed to alienate every member of the council, including The Fablous Fern(cudos on that, I didnt think it possible to offend the Fab Fern.)

(and yes you should sweep the areas where you plan to mislead your followers before you say something remarkelabaly stupid(like misspelling remarkelabaly))

Valek, your lover invited us to your shores. You have taken all she worked for and stepped on it....and you stood before me and stated your undyiing love for her.

Maybe you should leash your dogs before you try politics

I hope she forgives you. I hope you all survive what will come.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

Members of Britainnia's High Council were invited to attend. Those who accepted were shabbily treated. By all accounts I have read or heard of, the meeting was chaotic, provocative, and of little to no productive use.

Let Truth prevail! Britainnia has not caused the current strife. Some, and I stress "some," of New Magincia's residents could not wait to shake their fists and "cry havoc!" These few have openly declared themselves in rebellion to the Realm of Britainnia, intolerant of The Virtues, and derisive toward the Legacy, Crown, and Return of Our Lord British.

The High Council will soon speak officially on the matter of these rebels. For Myself, I seek Unity and Reconciliation. However, it is my Hope the High Council AND the Great Powers shall NEVER surrender the Unity of Britainnia gained by the Blood and Sacrifice of so many, nor suffer intolerance and derision of The Virtues, especially upon New Magincia ... the Isle of Humilty, by those shouting treason and strife.

Let these few who favor disunity Declare any grievances they have with the Realm clearly and openly. I suspect they have none but am open to listening. If they have any let them be declared as loudly and clearly as their calls for rebellion ... and Let the High Council Answer them.

Rumors ... and outright misinformation, disinformation, and lies are NOT legitimate, let alone valid, grievances.

Time remains for talk, for discussion, for reconciliation. However, the sand in the Hourglasses standeth not still. Time remains but grows shorter with each passing day.

The High Council will Speak Officially ... and Soon.

Let All Draw Nigh and Listen Well.

Lord Elladan Faeryn of Trinsic

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Vedui' il'er!!

After learning about a possible blockade pf New Magincia, by armed ships belonging to a newly elected member of the Brit Council... Sister Frances and I attended the meeting that took place last eve on New Magincia.

What we saw was both shocking and very informative. We, as outsiders, take a great interest in the matters of the largest single political and military power in Sosaria, and how they act and react to internal and external pressures.

I was not impressed.

Certainly the matter of the ships was either a misunderstanding or a clever ruse to further divide those involved from those wishing to resolve the matter of New Magincia's status within your kingdom. Which it was, time will tell.
Both sides exhibited poor character and even poorer diplomacy skills! One accusing and the other posturing in such a manner that neither side had credible arguments.
In fact one of New Magincia's own, although willing to speak - was either not permitted or ignored. A sad state of affairs, certainly.

Who won? No one did. Fig the Ancient makes a poor diplomat, if that is to be his role I worry for your alliances! Indeed, Valek and Dante both fueled the fires on their side - diplomacy was nowhere to be found on either side.

Should you wish for a peaceful resolution to this matter, and for the independent and smaller kingdoms to stand with either of you (I do not speak for them but I can sense the winds blowing...), a new set of diplomats need to be found with some amount of reason in them, less hostility and no deception. Words will never win a war once started, but they can certainly start one. Let us hope it does not come down to that.

Show us your meddle Council members, display your diplomacy skills and reason New Magincia - find a solution as we all are watching.

With warm regards,
Elevere Zanthes
Queen, Elf Clan Zanthes

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[QUOTE='Zanthes[EcZ];1998870'
Should you wish for a peaceful resolution to this matter, and for the independent and smaller kingdoms to stand with either of you (I do not speak for them but I can sense the winds blowing...), a new set of diplomats need to be found with some amount of reason in them, less hostility and no deception. Words will never win a war once started, but they can certainly start one. Let us hope it does not come down to that.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I fear diplomacy is failing. A note to you Zanthes, as to all independent kingdoms, the House of Slug (all 1 of me) does not support war. Nor we do support tyranny and oppression. If war does break out (Heaven forbid) I will fight, but for my own cause. That cause is freedom. I may ask any who agree with me for assistance

By Freedom I simply mean my own. I will not bow to the rule of Elitists, be they British, Magincian or any other faction that may arise in the chaos

Y

Yalp

The Empress of Zento continues to watch the happenings of the newly elected council with great interest, and continues to ponder the state of our alliance treaty with Brittania.

V

Valek Typhoon

To Fig, Elladan, and those showing interest or concern.

I need not my Mates permission nor forgiveness for things spoken of or said that she is either already aware of or had requested me to speak forth. We act in tandem with one another, I will admit she is perhaps a bit more smoothed tongue in person, than myself, as I will not conceal my distrust of those bringing conflict to our people.

There are no grievances to speak of when it comes to New Magincia, there are no "give us this or else" We we are independent, we are not asking for permission to be so, Nor did we just wake up one day and declare it. We had a gathering of those of the island it was long discussed and convened along with appointing the island council. We ask for nothing, recognized or not we go forth as an independent island. Continuing forth with arguing so are those seeking to conquer or remove such thoughts of freedom from the people of the island.

The Britain Council was welcomed to a short meeting of the New Magincian Council. The meeting was long drawn out do to unnecessary conflict brought forth, not by the Magincians. Nor did we promise that any diplomatic solutions to a conflict from those of Britain would be discussed at our meeting. We do not seek war, infact so long as the mainlanders venture in peace and not via a fleet of war ships, they are welcome to pay visit to the island and its grand bazaar. With our open invitation we provided a meeting with a few of the council members of the island and a few of the minor concerns that confront their life.

Those seeking to speak about any diplomatic matters with a conflict from the mainland are more than welcome to make an appointment with the island council and bring your concerns forth. You will not be turned away so long as you come in peace.

To Lindae and Umbra

We are not as closed minded as 'others' you are still welcomed to hold the wedding upon Magincia, and we will find you another suitable location to your liking.

T

Trillin

Trillin walked the shore line of New Magincia, moving toward the western part of the island. The salt sea air was calm, though Trillin did not allow the calmness of the night persuade him to be any less persistent on his patrol. As Trillin approached the most western point of the island, he gazed out toward the horizon. He squinted, attempting to bring into focus a blur of several gargoyle sails making their way toward him, and the coastline.
Warships, Trillin thought to himself...Well aren’t you far from home. With that Trillin's lips curled into a half cocked smirk. Was this the event that started the war he was waiting for? He could almost smell the blood in the air. Trillin turned from the oncoming ships and made for the home of Captain Typhoon, eager to relay the news. The warships approached the island, unaware of what awaited them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
"Captain Typhoon!" Trillin yelled as he slammed through the door. His gaze came to rest on the form of Valek Typhoon as he studied the manifesto of an upcoming shipment.

"Warships, they are approaching New Magincia... What are your orders?" Valek Typhoon looked to Trillin,

“Assemble the fleet. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. They come riding warships, let us not be foolish.”

Trillin nodded as he turned on his heel to follow his orders. A most devilish smile transformed his face into a mask of menace. And so it begins....

“Surround the intruders!” Yelled Trillin. His voice carried well on through the unusually calm sea air. “Land lock them!”

Typhoons fleet manoeuvred into position behind their uninvited guests, trapping them between a wall of cannons and the coast. With no way out, the captains of each ship were forced to surrender, as any attempt to take action would result in serious bloodshed.

“Surrender quietly!” Barked Trillin, “Send your master to us for questioning, and I promise no loss of life....Refuse us and each and every one of your crewmen will drown, burn or hang. This I promise you.”

Trillin had arrived late to the New Magincia council meeting. He entered the Tavern to the chorus of hushed whispers and a very angry Lord Fig. The Lord in question stood in the middle of the Sea Witch Tavern. It seemed that Trillin had just missed the statement of intent, although, according to a council member currently filling him in, he hadn’t missed much. A passing barmaid offered Trillin a glass of whiskey, leaving with only a smile and a wink. Trillin shook his head and sipped at the potent liquor. Lord Fig’s intent remained unclear as of yet. Though he had stated that his warships were only temporarily docked upon Magincia soil to gather supplies.

With the heated whispers between council members reached a crescendo, Lord Fig’s patience finally broke. His voice filled the room, hushing the crowd.
"This is how you treat friends? I was invited here. Those ships are not even of Britian design. They are Gargoyle ships. Well I see now what my word and loyalty have bought me. I will not set foot on your island ever again!", Fig yelled at Valek and the rest of the crowd.

Trillin snorted in derision before adding his voice to the fray.

"I would not enter your home with a sword held out, and expect to be welcomed in with open arms... Tis only foolish for one to not prepare oneself for the worst."
Fig shook his head before making for the door.

"Farewell Maginica, I hope you survive", Fig muttered as he vanished from the tavern.

Trillins eyes flickered a crimson red as that menacing smile returned.

"TO AN INDEPENDENT MAGINCIA!" Trillin raised his glass skyward, conducting the crowd into a cacophony of shouts and cries of an independant Magincia.

Valek Typhoon but nodded his approval, with a satisfied look upon his face.

B

BajaAuctionHouse

Fig, Elladan, and others of the council;

*BAH has always been a patriotic orginization, know you have our backing. As the financial backing of LSN! you can also know you have the backing of The Lost Souls. Should you need money or muscle we are here for Lord British's kingdom. Frost Keats is also offering his services as a diplomat, as well as a ships captain. As a long time citizen Frost Keats is well known and well liked by both sides of this fight and may beable to squelsh some of these arguments. Ultimatley these very heavy decisions our yours however, but *BAH and LSN! are behind you.

Tapme O'Tune
*BAH auctioneer

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If war comes, I say let the blood of the culpable flood our streets and waters. The days of Lord British and his great empire are past. Magincia had no importance to the Britannians until now. Gluttony I see may be behind such measures. Our celebrated city, built on the sweat and backs of citizens of Magincia, is now in jeopardy by a ruling body over the sea.

H

Hand

bok! Perhaps HandFleet should come to the rescue... if I could log into UO I would sail on over for a look... hmmm..

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bok! Perhaps HandFleet should come to the rescue.

I have seen HandFleet : 4 rowboats with rubber duckys attached to the bows, 2 patched inner tubes on ropes and an inflatable pool toy .....

H

Hand

Indeed! You tremble before the leaky power of HandFleet, Slug! Admit it! :)