• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[RP] A New Beginning

R

Rykus

A New Beginning

<center>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-</center>

Many months have passed since the Shadowlords Astaroth and Nosfentor helped Rykus break the chains that bound his soul to the wicked Lady Minax. Although one would expect that the price for such aid would be some form of obligatory or indentured servitude, neither of the innately evil beings demanded any form of service from the Death Knight. They did however stipulate, and receive in full, another form of recompense...

In the time since the cessation of his forced servitude to Minax and the dissolution of the Illuminati, Rykus left the corporeal world and drifted amidst the ethers. He used the time there to heal and recover his strength after the arduous battle for his dark soul. Hours upon days were consumed with intense introspection and planning. Finally the time came to return to Sosaria, secure in the knowledge that he was free to pursue power on his own terms, toward his own ends. He decided that although he owes them nothing, he would willingly serve those who helped him regain his freedom.

Rykus's corporeal body materialized in the main chamber of his keep, the Necros Arcana. After taking a moment to adjust once again to the oppressive force of Sosarian gravity and atmosphere, he began to feel strength returning to his limbs. He wearily made his way to one of the bloodwood thrones and began to piece together the plans he had made while in the ethers. Rykus looked down upon his chest at the green gem he wore on a silver chain around his neck. After several moments he detected an almost imperceptible glow from the amulet and sat motionless as he watched it steadily grow over the next several hours. At some point during this time, Rykus recalled his plans for the future and knew what he must do to coerce fate to do his bidding.

Just before the dawn Rykus lifted himself from the throne and walked up the stone stairs and out to the ramparts of his keep. While basking in the light of the first sunrise he had seen in nearly a year, Rykus summoned one of his most ancient servants. Within moments a wraith appeared, eager to do his master's bidding.

Following a brief conversation inaudible to any mortal ears, the wraith disappeared without a sound in search of its quarry. Moments later Rykus whispered several words of power and arrived in a location west of the Yew moongate. Standing before a violet stone next to a grey stone building, he deliberately placed his hands on the momument and began to speak with the Shadowlord Astaroth. Rykus pledged his soul into their service and was given a series of visions of things to come. Removing his hands from the stone, Rykus turned slowly to the south and began the slow march to the Orc Fort.

Returning home after his visit with his old allies Mo'gluk and Ghaz'gull, recalling what his friends relayed with regards to the war plans being made against the humans, Rykus settled into his study to begin research on the visions imparted to him by Astaroth. As his gaze rested on a particular tome, he willed it onto the desk before him and it opened to the page he sought. Just as he began to assimilate the knowledge of the tome, a presence was felt directly behind him. Turning abruptly, hands glowing bright green and eyes flaring the red of fanned coals, Rykus paused for a moment and relaxed his guard. "Report", he commanded in a dry tone. "Master...", the raspy voice began. "The one you seek, or shall I say, the one who seeks you is known as Kali. She is currently north of the Britain moongate near the southern-most farmhouse.", the wraith concluded. Turning his back on the wraith, focusing his attention once more into the tome, Rykus says flatly "Ask Sularis to find this 'Kali' and bring her to me.". Thinking to himself, Rykus mutters "The wheels of fate are beginning to turn. It is time to form a new Illuminati."

<center>
</center>

In the snow covered forests of Isamu Sularis was sneaking up on a particularly beautiful and deadly hiryu. Feathers the color of a cerulean sea, talons so sharp they left deep gouges in the earth as it walked. Summoning the courage to approach the striking creature, he began to step forth and abruptly halted his motion. The visage of a wraith materialized before him and began to speak in a low tone. "My master, your eldest brother, requests a favor of you.", the wraith began. "Please, follow me Sularis, time is of the essence.". Without further hesitation, Sularis followed the wraith through an ethereal moongate to the farmland of Britain. Unaware that Rykus had returned after all this time, Sularis began to wonder what his brother's intentions were for him, and no doubt the rest of Sosaria.

Sularis and the wraith arrived in a clearing amidst the forest south of Britain. The wraith explained all that Sularis needed to know and once again departed with as much warning as he had arrived. Sularis gathered his thoughts and proceeded to do what was needed and requested of him. Summoning his ghost wolf, he set forth to find and confront the one known as Kali.

Rykus's attention was focused intently on his studies when he heard the familiar sound of a moongate opening. He listened for a moment and heard human voices downstairs in his great room. Studying the voices, he recognized Sularis's smooth metered speech. The other voice was a woman's voice he had never heard. Confident and sharp, he knew this had to be the one Astaroth told him about.

Closing the tome, Rykus stood up and made his way downstairs without a sound. As he began his descent to the main chamber, the voices stopped mid-sentence and the faces turned his direction. Meeting his brother's stare, Rykus nodded a salutation and settled his gaze upon the stranger.

<center>
</center>

"Kali.", he stated.

"Yes mi'lord.", she replied.

"I am told by the ancients of your heart's desire, what have you to say of this?", Rykus queried.

Feeling the temperature drop rapidly, Kali unconsciously pulled her cloak around her as she began to speak. "Mi'lord, I have been seeking you out for some time now. I had heard tales of a powerful lich lord who discovered the secret of immortality without losing one's soul or sanity in the process. I have studied for many years in the ways of death, both using it's power and bringing it upon mortal souls. If you would have me, I would pledge my heart, body and soul to your service.", Kali concluded, briefly bowing her head before Rykus.

Rykus held her gaze intently for several moments, looking for any sign of wavering or fear in this woman's soul. Satisfied that she was strong in both mind and body, Rykus replied. "Mi'lady, the path you seek is nothing short of terrifying and ends in the death of your mortal coil. Once you begin down this path, it is irreversible and your soul irredeemable. If you have any reservations or hesitations, I would advise that you leave now and save us both the time and agony your faltering would surely incite. This path you feel you desire is nothing short of horror incarnate. However, make no mistake, in the end no mortal shall rival your power or abilities. Though your corporeal body may be weak and able to be broken by a mortal's blade, your life can never end and your power will not waver. Is this truly what you desire more than anything?".

Nodding without breaking the Death Knight's gaze Kali replied, "Yes, mi'lord. This is truly what my heart desires."

Stepping toward her with startling speed, Rykus thrusts his hand into Kali's chest. Looking down, face wracked in pain, she realizes his hand somehow became non-corporeal and his hand was wrapped tightly around her heavily beating heart. Feeling the grip tighten, causing almost unbearable pain, Kali met Rykus's gaze once again, resolute in her choice. As quickly as he thrust inward, Rykus withdrew his fist from her chest and stepped back.

"Kali, your heart is as black as the night and your courage is equally unwavering. I accept your request to follow and serve Astaroth and Nosfentor and will take you in as my apprentice. In the coming months I will teach you the ways of the Illuminati and when you are ready, I will teach you the secrets of the conversion and how to retain your soul and your sanity once your mortal coil has turned to ash."

Turning towards the stairs, Rykus motions to Kali to follow. "Sularis, as always your help is most appreciated. It is good to see you again brother. Please tell those who need to know that I have returned and it is time to rebuild the Illuminati."

Sularis nods towards Rykus and speaks the words of power that will take him to his next destination. He rubs the back of his neck, realizing for the first time that goosebumps covered his body and his throat was dry as the Umbra sands. Speaking low to himself, Sularis smiled a bit and said, "It is good to have you home brother, it is about time... Indeed, about time."

I

imported_Daan Mor

Oh, nice, more minions to have to tell what to do...

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, nice, more minions to have to tell what to do...

[/ QUOTE ]I love you too Daan.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Niiice. *g* Let me know how things progress.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My Lord, I am grateful for the opportunity to serve...

[/ QUOTE ]

A GREEN pony that you can res by yourself! Looks maaahvelous with the shroud. Enjoy, Savannah. Rykus is a pretty fun guy to be around in spite of the blackened dead heart and all.

-Skylark

S

SavannahSP

{OOC}

Well ... it's really not about the green horse, as much as I joked about wanting one. I was quite honestly kidding about wanting one, I prefer ethies in most cases. I am delighted with my new mount, but I am dreading the first time he's killed, it annoys me when pets are killed.

I actually have a small collection of different colors now, without really intending to. Various factors contributed, and I have learned the hard way not to command the ones that do not coordinate with my robe... safely re-tamed but alas no longer bonded.

My choice was actually about the opportunity for immersive roleplay, and to get involved in the epic struggle of factions. I wanted a more intense challenge in my gameplay, and when this opportunity came along I had to take it, even though it had personal repercussions which I am still dealing with.

{/OOC}

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

Looks maaahvelous with the shroud.

[/ QUOTE ]
Monks robe + faction dye = cheap shroud

G

<blockquote><hr>

{OOC}

Well ... it's really not about the green horse, as much as I joked about wanting one. I was quite honestly kidding about wanting one, I prefer ethies in most cases. I am delighted with my new mount, but I am dreading the first time he's killed, it annoys me when pets are killed.

I actually have a small collection of different colors now, without really intending to. Various factors contributed, and I have learned the hard way not to command the ones that do not coordinate with my robe... safely re-tamed but alas no longer bonded.

My choice was actually about the opportunity for immersive roleplay, and to get involved in the epic struggle of factions. I wanted a more intense challenge in my gameplay, and when this opportunity came along I had to take it, even though it had personal repercussions which I am still dealing with.

{/OOC}

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know the RP was the driving force, but that it made good fashion sense is a bonus.

I hope the "repercussions" are not excessive.

-Skylark

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

so are those faction horses?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes ... they are awesome. Technically this is the info from the UO.com playguide, but I think their info is out-of-date.
http://guide.uo.com/factions_6.html

Here are the different colors:

S

SavannahSP

Grrr, no eating my war horsie. I'll bring you a nice packhorse (I have a particularly ornery one on-hand) or a couple of cats.

Now I just have to get a red one. Rick's in particular is a fine-looking animal. *stocks up on bolas*

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

dem luuks tasti!

[/ QUOTE ]
To quote an ICQ I recieved from Mo (I'm sure he won't mind) "har! meeb stable fuud!!"