• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event [Royal Investigation] The Long Arm Of The Law

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Spreading his files across the desk, Skaros smiled a humourless smile. Reports had come in that there weren't many laughs at the performance of Bladderstick either; in fact it had very rapidly degenerated into an attempt to kill all his critics, and prevent anyone else going for the job of Court Jester. The final outrage had been when Bladderstick had attempted to quickly improvise a chess based challenge, but of course the armies of the Kingdom had not been so easy to control and refused to stand anywhere but on top of the wretched fellow. The King had laughed at this, and said something about the spirit of Chaos being illustrated in the difficulty of herding cats, and then demanded a copy of the challenge to see if he could solve it. He was still upon his private balcony, pondering the problem of placing 8 queens upon a chessboard such that none on the next move can capture another... The solution of course could be found within Anabelle Lee's archives, or any basic book of chess challenges no doubt where this unoriginal Bladderstick fellow had seen it first; but for now, the King entertained himself by attempting to best it with nothing more than his own skills.
Still; Bladderstick had assaulted the citizens of Britannia, and it seemed the power of the attack had impressed the watching Sultan, so much so he was taking him into his confidence and entrusted him with the Sultan's own security. And had not the King, at the prior Governor's meeting expressly stated "But I cannot, will not turn a blind eye to violence done against anyone!" At the memory of this, Skaros scowled; many Governors had said many quite unreasonable, ignorant things then. Oh, he wasn't concerned about criticism of himself personally! No, Skaros didn't need defending from the ill informed. But the criticism of the King had stung. How could they still doubt their Monarch? And the King had seemed... shaken maybe by those words, in private. "Skaros, if we must have some basic laws, and I concede this sadly must be so, we must apply those laws fairly and without favour to one and all." The King had looked downcast at this, before continuing "We must find out what this Sultan intends with Bladderstick, and if he is not in jail, we must ask that he be placed so." Skaros knew full well the Sultan's jails were not exactly the most secure of places, after all the destard Koba was still missing, having escaped from exactly there. But the faith Skaros had in his King was indefatigable. The order had come through, the law would reach out and pursue this criminal Bladderstick.
But... perhaps the people needed to be reminded of just how difficult a job maintaining the security of the State was. Reaching for his quill, Skaros dipped it into a pot of red ink...

All Royal Investigators are to go to Nujelm and report on what changing conditions they find there. Points will be awarded for each important location found. Points however will be deducted for information repeated that relates to prior Nujelm history. Investigate WISELY! If you aren't sure it's relevant, do not waste Skaros' time with it; he is not in a forgiving mood!

(OOC: this is just an extra bit of challenge, as I found quite a few old EM items too, some I may have modified to confuse it even more!)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And does a Town Crier walking on water count as a 'new condition'?

But the reason I post is to ask what is the termination date for this mission?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC.
I have been out of the game for many years so I will undoubtedly look at fair Nujel'm and find all of the past EM items your post mentioned (but I won't mind that as I love to see all of our shard's accumulated weirdness :) ) What should I do with my reports when I have finished searching? Is there a place where I must upload my jottings?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks Bobar. I had a lot of fun exploring and even more fun scribbling! Some of the little items tucked away in this game are truly wonderful.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I've not set an end time for it as such, as I'm experimenting with seeing if I can merge player actions into the plot, as well as leave it unrevealed until you've had time to describe what you think is happening. It's possible some elements of reporting may be still around later ... Skaros himself will be coming on Sunday, but writing up what you lot have been up too is today's task first! After that... who knows what orders he will give!