• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Round brick rooms - how the heck do you give them floors?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to make the Goldshire smithy to work with my Lion's Pride Inn.

But I can't figure out how to give those rounded rooms floors properly. Or is it simply impossible?

And if you're wondering what the good folks of Goldshire are doing in Sosaria, well they heard rumour of giant kicking pandas coming to invade the lands and knew it was time to move on! They've set up shop in their new home *grins*

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes and I realize that the top floor is a bit of an issue due to the fact that it's smaller than the bottom floor, but even if the walls were built on the same squares, giving the tower an even shape vertically, floor tiles would still be sticking out from the edges. :(

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, love… you’ve found one of the older custom design issues. Even without the levels going a size smaller, one to the next… you still run into that same problem with the floor sticking out or the section being unsupported.

I mean, I love the rounded walls… but there just never seems a practical way to use them without short walls to hide the bits of missing floor. In your tiered design, you could support the above levels with walls hidden under each, BUT you would end up with no usable room inside the tower and still have clearly missing floors so people would see inside the rooms.

I did a Dark Castle design not long ago, wanted the rounded turrets, they didn’t work, so I went and used the diagonal walls. Worked rather nice and broke up the square-ness. I still had to top them with square short walls, because there are no short ones.

btw... its stone, not brick. ;)