• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roofing tiles, missing and/or wrong orientation

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've never really got into the roofing tiles too much. Certainly far from and experienced roofer.
Today while designing a house I decided to do a hip style roof instead of a simple gable roof.

Here are some pics of the roof with the four sides completed. Unfortunately the hip tiles do not fit correctly. To be honest it appears that they are upside down.

UOSA0102.jpg UOSA0103.jpg

The first image shows the south-east intersection. If you look at the shape of the tile, it looks pretty clear to me that it's upside down. Am I right?

The second image shows the north-west intersection. It also appears to be upside down.

Same for the south-west and north-east intersections. They don't fit properly and appear to be upside down.

You have got to be kidding me. Has this seriously been broken since 2003 or am I missing something?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked all the other roof tile sets and everyone of them except the "ceramic" set is broken. The artwork for the pieces is upside down.

CERAMIC SOUTH-EAST TILE UOSA0104.jpg

You can clearly see it's the correct shape AND orientation to be the south-east hip roof piece.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, they pitch in instead of out, meant for \ / ..... so much of what is possible is not because of missing pieces

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, they pitch in instead of out, meant for \ / ..... so much of what is possible is not because of missing pieces

This is just another sad and pathetic example of something that should have been fixed immediately, many years ago. I realized roof tiles weren't part of the original house customization but they were added with Samurai Empire in 2004. Fifteen years broken. Absolutely disgusting!

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has nothing to do with needing to fix. It's simply so that not all tiles offer the same possibilties. Check the very practical roofing 101 to see which tiles offer what.
By the way, I like how you solved the problem, using a different tile. It adds a touch of playfulness which I miss in many designs.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Iam fairly certain you have all the tiles needed in the lighter grey