• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roofing problem...any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi everyone! I'm a returning player after many years and am looking forward to making UO my "home away from home" again. I found a nice place for a home.....placed the foundation.....and built a nice little building. When I get to the roof, though, I run into an issue. I set up the roof level by level until I get to the top row (6th) and place my ridgecaps down the middle. It looks good.....I back up the design.....hit commit.....and I end up with my home minus my ridgecaps down the middle of the roof. It just has an open gap right down the middle! I've tried a few things to try and get it to cooperate, but so far I'm not having any luck :{ If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be very appreciative for the help. I included two pics: the one is before I commit the design, and the other is afterwards.

B4 roof - Copy.png after roof - Copy.png

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see your roof is on the 4th level too. You're getting too high on the z-axis.

These custom roofs work out better on two story houses rather than 3 story ones.

AND, the 5-6 levels they give us isn't enough for a wide roof.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing you can do is not use the ridge piece at all. Narrow your roof by one tile and simply close the gap.

Still looks good, just won't have the visible ridge beam.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
those ridge tiles aren't red that I can see, they should commit - also see that you're building in the EC client, have you tried placing those tiles in classic client? not sure it would make a difference, but I've heard stranger things :)