• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roof pets

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good roof pet? I heard a rumor that any type of physical damage to the bosses makes them spawn a bunch of crap, even if it's pet damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good roof pet? I heard a rumor that any type of physical damage to the bosses makes them spawn a bunch of crap, even if it's pet damage.
False. You can take any pet there. You have to pull it off when the Boss turns into a elemental that matches a damage of your pet. Pull off a Physical damager when he turn into a Earth ele.

Its kinda better to have 1 off pet that does a lot of damage because it will turn into that type a lot and only one of you has to pull off. My dread spider made it turn into a Poison ele every time it hit it. So the Cu users could stay on it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
only 1 of the 4 roof boss's do that, Anon.
when i go in with my guildmates we take 2 tamers.
and we take opposite pets.
so ill take a Frost Mite and the other fella will take a Fire Steed.
so when it turns into a Snow Elemental the Fire Steed can stay on it.
you have to be sure to tell the pet that matches the elemental to "all stop, all stay" because if he hits Anon while in elemental form Anon will take back hit points and heal up.
learned that the hard way!!!!

as for the others, Ozzy man you can use any pets on as he is just a Ronin, The Lich Lord is just a Lich.
the only one that i think sucks is Virtuebane.
cant disco him and it takes a while to chew him down, and he likes to do a massive area spell and change targets.

all in all once you get a good pattern down you can kick through the roof with 2 tamers in like half an hour.

but you where saying that the bosses will kick out mass baddies - and they will, if you have a mage in there and he tosses out a summons or does direct spell damage to the bosses they will kick out 4 baddies per time which can really add up.
thats why when we go in we dont have any mages doing direct damage short of Word of Death at the end.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tell dem magez to git sum vollemz - demz dooz enuff damage to git da looting ritez and da magez dun hab to cast heal ober and ober fur lootin ritez.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve been pretty partial to a fire beetle with Rune Corruption myself.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 3 tamers one with necro/spellweaving and conductive blast/ai/chiv cu, tamer 2 has disco and conductive blast/chiv/ai cu and tamer 3 has 100% poison drake and blue beetle.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I use 3 tamers one with necro/spellweaving and conductive blast/ai/chiv cu, tamer 2 has disco and conductive blast/chiv/ai cu and tamer 3 has 100% poison drake and blue beetle.
How can tamer 2 have chiv and disco ? Arent they supposed to have only one of these? or is it possible?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can tamer 2 have chiv and disco ? Arent they supposed to have only one of these? or is it possible?
tamer 1 has necro/spellweaving Pet has CB/AI/Chiv
Tamer 2 has discord. The pet has Chiv.
tamer 3 has unknown abilities and has 2 pets.

The "ands" make it confusing to read.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
tamer 1 - SW tamer with a Fire Steed that is a Mytic and area goo
tamer 2 - Disco tamer with a frost mite - AI, Rune corruption, poison
mage 1 - SW mage

we chew through the rooms and the roof in around a hour give or take depending on the bosses and if they are in a bad mood.
(if youve done the roof you know what im talking about)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do it with two tamers.
I will either have two chiv/ai drakes, one cold, one energy or a chiv/ai cu and a rc/ai beetle.
I can keep both pets at Anon even when he transforms. The damage output they dish is higher than what he is regenerating.

Tamer 1 is a disco/peace tamer running both peace songs and tamer 2 is a plain mage tamer running consume damage.
Against Jun'oar I use only tamer 2 pet and keep tamer 1 within distance so they benefit from the peace songs and discord jun'oar. This will ensure that even if he goes batcake insane like is prone to, I will be able to res tamer 2 and not get booted from the roof.
For Virtuebane, I make sure my tamers stay 8 tiles from the pets and 9 tiles away from him. His aoe won't hit the tamers and the pets benefit from peace song in this distance.

The other two is a matter of saying all kill and waiting for them to die.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What aggravates the hell out of me is it kicks you out before you can finish looting. Why don't you get the same amount of time to loot as you get with other peerless and boss encounters. Even with a beetle to just toss stuff in we often don't get time to loot the gold.

@Kyronix @Bleak any reason why it kicks you out so quickly? Given you have spent hours doing the bar, orchard, armory, fountain and belfry just to get in there with ZERO loot for that effort you could at least give us a minimum of 8 minutes after the boss drops to actually loot it properly before being tossed out.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is Anon supposed to change into different types of elemental or is it random? 99% of the time he is an Earth Ellie, or is that because the pets are doing mostly physical?? :confused:
@BeaIank just wanted to say I love your new avatar, that's so cute! :thumbsup:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is Anon supposed to change into different types of elemental or is it random? 99% of the time he is an Earth Ellie, or is that because the pets are doing mostly physical?? :confused:
Anon changes into the damage type he is taking the most, so if he is turning to earth elemental, your pets are doing a lot of physical damage.
Also, thanks. It took me forever to find this Hello Kitty Zangief plush, so I am way too happy about it and had to put it in my avatar. :D

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anon changes into the damage type he is taking the most, so if he is turning to earth elemental, your pets are doing a lot of physical damage.
Also, thanks. It took me forever to find this Hello Kitty Zangief plush, so I am way too happy about it and had to put it in my avatar. :D
I'm not actually sure it is what he is "taking most". My experience is that for every 500-600 points of damage he takes per damage type he turns in to that form. Each time the thresh hold for that damage type is reached he morphs and the counter is reset. The damage type he is "taking most" will be the form you see most often.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it will vary depending on the damage type the pets are dealing. With one exception. A pet dealing poison damage seems to cause Anon to get "stuck" as a poison elemental. We have a guildmate who brings a 100% poison drake, and "takes one for the team" on Anon.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it will vary depending on the damage type the pets are dealing. With one exception. A pet dealing poison damage seems to cause Anon to get "stuck" as a poison elemental. We have a guildmate who brings a 100% poison drake, and "takes one for the team" on Anon.
Its not just pets, its any poison damage that causes it to form into a poison ele will cause him to get stuck on that form. WOD damage type is impacted by the weapon damage of the weapon you are holding, so you can hold a 100% poison damage weapon and cast WOD on him and he will go into poison ele form and get stuck, then you don't need a poison pet and everyone can attack him.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WOD damage type is impacted by the weapon damage of the weapon you are holding
REALLY???? I didn't know that. It's an interesting concept. But then, I am always holding a 50 SDI spellbook when casting WoD. I know a slayer property does NOT stack with WoD. To my knowledge, spell damage is/was the only modifier to WoD damage. But now I am wondering if, say, I WoD holding a 100% elemental damage (of the monster's weakest resist), would it effect the damage of the WoD? Things that make you go, HMMMMMMMMM! :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
REALLY???? I didn't know that. It's an interesting concept. But then, I am always holding a 50 SDI spellbook when casting WoD. I know a slayer property does NOT stack with WoD. To my knowledge, spell damage is/was the only modifier to WoD damage. But now I am wondering if, say, I WoD holding a 100% elemental damage (of the monster's weakest resist), would it effect the damage of the WoD? Things that make you go, HMMMMMMMMM! :)
WOD deals direct damage when the target's HP is within the WOD effective range. When the enemy HP is over the wod range, it deals chaos damage or the damage type of the weapon you are carrying.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did it on TC1 and I put CB 1st then AI and then Chiv. Does that remove the Bleed (I hope so)?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain how do you get Conductive Blast, Armor Ignore & Chivalry on the same pet?
Go from the bottom up. AI, CB, then Chiv. When you put a magic on first, you usually can not put any other specials on. Put magic abilities on last, unless you are doing an uncommon build that requires a specific magic ability.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Its not just pets, its any poison damage that causes it to form into a poison ele will cause him to get stuck on that form. WOD damage type is impacted by the weapon damage of the weapon you are holding, so you can hold a 100% poison damage weapon and cast WOD on him and he will go into poison ele form and get stuck, then you don't need a poison pet and everyone can attack him.
strange.
i think that is just a wives tale to get kids to eat their vegetables at supper time.
i tried a couple different ways of using poison on Anon and never did i see him get stuck in Poison Elemental form.
pets, direct, nox weapon, wod with nox weapon - none made him stick in poison elemental form.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez hab uh guildie dats bringz uh dread spider and when it attackz da Anon - Anon dooz gitz stuck in da green form. Him pullz off da spider und it stayz in da green form until himz diez.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, even if you don't get him stuck, it's best to have each tamer bring a pet with an elemental damage over 50% (or even no physical, if split)

Some of our quicker Anons have involved a team of 1 (or more) Cus, 1 Giant Beetle, 1 Fire Beetle, and 1 pet with high poison damage. Each person will be able to keep their pet on a majority of the time, even if having to pull it back (and even the 50/50 cold/energy split means that leaving a cu on won't be as bad as leaving some other pet on).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just did roof with 2 cus. I tried the 100% poison weapon with WoD but I couldn't get him to go to Poison form. He went to snow ele all the time. I've never seen the Llama. Thanks @DJAd. The energy fields help a lot. Virtuebane took the longest and the Lich went fast.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anon considers the Cu damage as 100% cold for some reason.
I tried to do it with two of them before and I always had to tell the cus to stop attacking him when he transformed.
Now, with a cu and a rune beetle with rc/ai/poison, I don't even bother telling them to stop when he transforms. He will regenerate from one pet, but the other pet damage outdoes his regeneration.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
strange.
i think that is just a wives tale to get kids to eat their vegetables at supper time.
i tried a couple different ways of using poison on Anon and never did i see him get stuck in Poison Elemental form.
pets, direct, nox weapon, wod with nox weapon - none made him stick in poison elemental form.
Like I said in an earlier post, I believe it takes 500-600 points of damage to get him to form to that elemental type. A couple of hits isn’t going to do it, but I have personally got him into poison form using WOD with a poison damage weapon. Doing it this way when he was at full health took quite a few spells, but it did work.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have personally got him into poison form using WOD with a poison damage weapon. Doing it this way when he was at full health took quite a few spells, but it did work.
This is my preferred method. It can take a fair few goes with WoD but it's nice once he changes form as you don't need to keep "all stop, all stay".

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Like I said in an earlier post, I believe it takes 500-600 points of damage to get him to form to that elemental type. A couple of hits isn’t going to do it, but I have personally got him into poison form using WOD with a poison damage weapon. Doing it this way when he was at full health took quite a few spells, but it did work.
i thought of that very thing last night when we where doing the roof.
i thought..... man it would take a while of dropping spells to hit the 600hp that Merus was talking about.
and with Anon spraying out critters does it really make it worth it?
we did the roof last night in 27 minutes, the majority of that being Shadowbane.
i find it hard to think that wasting all that time on Anon would be worthwhile when you can just plow through and have him down in 5 minutes normally.

i guess there is always more then one way to skin and cat and whatever people are comfy doing, eh

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i thought of that very thing last night when we where doing the roof.
i thought..... man it would take a while of dropping spells to hit the 600hp that Merus was talking about.
and with Anon spraying out critters does it really make it worth it?
we did the roof last night in 27 minutes, the majority of that being Shadowbane.
i find it hard to think that wasting all that time on Anon would be worthwhile when you can just plow through and have him down in 5 minutes normally.

i guess there is always more then one way to skin and cat and whatever people are comfy doing, eh
Just depends on the group. With a high SDI suit and a pet on him to hold his attention I was able to form him in about 7 or 8 WOD. Since pets are already fighting it’s just a little added damage in the first 60 seconds that makes the last 4 minutes a breeze.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
how is your out of damage time WOD going to out damage the other pets that are actively attacking?
well i guess you can just tell them to stop and park them.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how is your out of damage time WOD going to out damage the other pets that are actively attacking?
well i guess you can just tell them to stop and park them.
My experience is that each damage type total is independent of the others. So if he forms into earth, it only resets the earth total while the others keep adding. 500-600 points of poison damage should kick him into poison ele form even if he goes into another form while the pets are attacking him while you WOD.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no 500-600 dmg point count. Sometimes I get anon to turn poison in the 1st 3 WoD's and sometimes it takes 2 full mana dumps. Its just a random chance to turn him every time you do a specific dmg type.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no 500-600 dmg point count. Sometimes I get anon to turn poison in the 1st 3 WoD's and sometimes it takes 2 full mana dumps. Its just a random chance to turn him every time you do a specific dmg type.
My experience has been exactly opposite of this. I have found his form to be very predictable based on what I am doing. For example... with a level 6 focus and my SDI suit, Anon will form 100% of the time with a 600+ WOD. If I drop my SDI down so that my damage is less than 500 he has never formed on the first WOD.

Possible it is has a RNG sliding scale similar to the DOOM pack drops... the more damage they take the higher the chance they will form until you reach the cap, but again, that has not been my experience when testing damage types and forms.

North_LS

Journeyman
False. You can take any pet there. You have to pull it off when the Boss turns into a elemental that matches a damage of your pet. Pull off a Physical damager when he turn into a Earth ele.

Its kinda better to have 1 off pet that does a lot of damage because it will turn into that type a lot and only one of you has to pull off. My dread spider made it turn into a Poison ele every time it hit it. So the Cu users could stay on it.
when do you usually do roof runs? any chance i could tag along sometime?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually use a Rune Corruption+Armor Pierce Frost Mite on my Disco/Tamer, while guildies bring other pets. I use Armor Pierce on my Frost Mite rather than Armor Ignore, because Armor Pierce gives a +10% damage taken debuff for a few seconds, and with all the other pets attacking the boss, the +10% extra damage comes out to be a bigger difference than what Armor Ignore would make my Frost Mite alone do. Virtuebane is weakest to Cold damage, so the Frost Mite's 100% Cold Damage output does great. I prefer bringing chars/pets to group events that'll make the entire group do more damage, that way we can down the bosses faster.