• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roll Call ...

A

Aster

Seems like we haven't stood up and said hereish lately.
How about a roll call?

You could just say "yo" if you read this,

• or you could say if you still have a toe in the water with the game
  • or you could say you are in-game 24-7 until the lights go down
  • or you could say that you haven't played TSO in years, but you read today fwiw
  • or you could say that you are playing a whole new game and tell us what it is
  • or you could say that you are a former EA dev or EA moderator or Stratics moderator or reporter or content editor stopping by to say hi
  • or you could say if you are a lurker here on temp boards Stratics
  • or you could say that you just stumbled through a door in the intertube and found this thread and that you have an opinion about corn nuts ....
And then you might want to add something about your personal state of the nation.

Or not.

Really, the possibilities are endless.

For me ...

Aster
Toe in the Water
Looking forward to some end of the world parties
Ready to grill something
Happy about a 3 day weekend!

S

SimTripps

Here.. in mind, not sim body lol...

Haven't logged into the game in days - have only 2 or 3 times since the announcement. Playing S2 these days, CoD4, UT2007.

Looking forward to a great summer - new house, cottage, etc.

Cheers everyone! :pint:

L

LadiLuck

logging daily but depressing. No updates No fixes to major issues.. No CC approval.

M

Madra

Hanging out here, haven't logged into the game since.... I dunno, when Stratics went down maybe? I'll keep EA-Land on the computer and probably login nearer to the end for some goodbyes.

I've been playing ToonTown mostly, and Travian. I tried There, but I lost interest pretty fast.

Looking forward to summer and rl outdoor activities! :)

S

Spaghetti Legs

I'm here, of course. I'm a hard one to shake! :p

I have logged in to EAL a couple of time mainly LOOKING FOR NIKI to hand off a gift. YM, me, Niki if you see this! :)

I've been playing A Tale In the Desert the last few days with an old TSO friend who I totally adore. It's kind of complicated, but I'm trudging through as best I can. My name there is suzeyuma if anyone else plays it. :)

F

fajjaa

Im here in binges. At first, after the initial shock of the announcement, it was very depressing trying to play this game, but I have gradually been able to pretty much get back in the swing of things, even though I know it is going to end all too soon. Ive always tried different things to try to keep the game amusing. Now that free accounts can earn money, I am going to make as many temp accounts as I can and see how many sims my computer can actually handle. Its been a question I have always asked myself. Its one of those questions, right up there with...does a bear poop in the woods? and here are a few more that mean absolutely nothing...

1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
4. A woman gives a beggar 50 cents; the woman is the beggar's sister,
but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come?
5. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?
6. How many outs are there in an inning?
7. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
Why?
8. Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number
of games. There are no ties. Explain this.
9. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
10. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern
exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why?
11. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
12. I have two US coins totaling 55 cents. One is not a nickel.
What are the coins?
13. If you have only one match and you walked into a room where there
was an oil burner, a kerosene lamp, and a wood burning stove, which
one would you light first?
14. How far can a dog run into the woods?
15. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half
hour. How long would the pills last?
16. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
17. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
18. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10'' tall. What does he weigh?
19. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
20. What was the President's name in 1950?

Please feel free to add any others.

Been playing A Tale in the Dessert as Medano. It is complicated but it is also fun trying to figure it out using broken English instructions from the French. There is a list of "to do's" in the lower left corner...if you can get it to pop up. Accomplish them and then I think you get to move on to bigger and better things.

R

Renee TSO

Here!

I log into TSO everyday but i can never find any of my friends on any more. So i play for about 5 mins. and log. Not to long ago i returned to DDO (dungens and dragons online) Its good to see my guild and toons are still there! I had forgoten how much i enjoyed that game and the people who play. If you have been thinking about going to WOW please give DDO a chance. Yes they have a free trial. If you do try it please look up my guild STFU ( southern tenants farmers union) *giggles* Anyone of my guildies would be more then happy to help you with the game! Otherwise i am Isabellaa, Jezzabella, Bellaa, Joan of arc, or Isazap in game.

P.S lol it just dawned on me why i named all my toons...Some time ago i had a good friend in TSO named Isabella and i missed her when i joined DDO. She always made me laugh and i thought the name fit in DDO. : )

M

Monkeybear

I'm here! The thing keeping me to TSO was finishing my blasted museum but then all my CC poofed then I re-uploaded them and now there is a problem approving *grr*

Ive been playing SL the past day or 2 with people from TSO and I love it :D

G

GRINCH

1. Do they have a 4th of July in England? yes but not as a holiday

2. How many birthdays does the average man have? 1 every year

3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28? 12 months have 28 days in it

but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come? The begger is a woman

5. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada? Cuz he is alive

6. How many outs are there in an inning? 6 outs, 3 for each team

7. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
Why? Cuz his widow is his wife which means he is not alive and cannot marry

of games. There are no ties. Explain this. They played 2 other players

9. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer? 70, did this without a calculator also

exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why? Polar bear and the bear is white, the house is built on the north pole

11. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have? You have 2 apples that you took away

What are the coins? Nickel and fifty cent piece

one would you light first? The match

14. How far can a dog run into the woods? As far as the dog wants to

hour. How long would the pills last? 30 minutes

16. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left? 9

17. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark? 0, it was Noah who had the ark.

18. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10'' tall. What does he weigh? meat

19. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen? 12

20. What was the President's name in 1950? George w. Bush

C

Cherri Bear

*waves claw*

I am here...played TSO last night til about 10:30 at Funky Money.

Mavric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm here, Stratics be my second home, not in TSO much anymore, playing WoW alot when I'm online.

Mavric

F

fajjaa

Here is the scoring scale for the answers to the questions:

20 Correct - Genius
17 Correct - Above Normal
15 Correct - Normal
8 Correct - Nincompoop
6 Correct - Moron
3 Correct - Idiot

I'll post the answers sometime on Monday.

K

Katheryne

1. Do they have a 4th of July in England? Yes. It occurs between 3 July and 5 July.
2. How many birthdays does the average man have? One.
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28? All twelve have 28 days,
but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come? The beggar is the woman's sister.
5. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada? I'm pretty sure Canada has laws about burials of the living.
6. How many outs are there in an inning? Six.
7. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? There is no law either for or against this.
Why? It would require the man to come back to life. However, as marriage ends at death according to law, if the man comes back to life, he is legally single and free to marry his widow's sister.
of games. There are no ties. Explain this. The two men did not play against each other.
9. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer? 70.
exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? White. Why? The house is sitting atop the North Pole; all bears living in the Arctic are polar bears.
11. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have? 2.
What are the coins? One fifty-cent piece, one nickel.
one would you light first? The match.
14. How far can a dog run into the woods? Until the dog gets halfway through, at which time would no longer be running into the woods.
hour. How long would the pills last? One hour.
16. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left? Nine.
17. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark? None. Noah took animals onto the Ark.
18. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10'' tall. What does he weigh? Meat.
19. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen? Twelve.
20. What was the President's name in 1950? George W. Bush.

P

Pit Weston

11. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
I had this question in school once but the teacher wrote it down wrong. He had it written as,

If YOU have 3 apples and you take 2 away, how many apples do you have?
I answered 3. You took 2 away but you still have the other one. He said I was wrong. To this day, I still say I am right.

Z

Ziara

or you could say that you are a former EA dev or EA moderator or Stratics moderator or reporter or content editor stopping by to say hi
and guilty of being..

or you could say if you are a lurker here on temp boards Stratics
Always check in and see what the latest is.

or you could say you are in-game 24-7 until the lights go down
Not sure about the 24-7 part but in game for at least 8 hours or so. Moved one of my sims into a skill house, and host there most of the night. I refuse to go away quietly now, just would prove EA right about the game. Figure here at the beginning, I will see it through to the end.

G

GRINCH

I had this question in school once but the teacher wrote it down wrong. He had it written as,

I answered 3. You took 2 away but you still have the other one. He said I was wrong. To this day, I still say I am right.
This question is worded different, it state there are 3 apples but it doesnt say they are your apples. So you take 2 apples and so the answer is you have 2 apples.

K

KChan

Yo

"or you could say that you are a former EA dev or EA moderator or Stratics moderator or reporter or content editor stopping by to say hi"

Barely logged in, eventhough since I'm not working I'm up till insane hours anyways.
Currently too obsessed with Zoo Tycoon to do anything else.
Yay for special sales this weekend.
Buying new Luggage.
Leaving for FL in a week.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or you could say that you haven't played TSO in years, but you read today fwiw
or you could say that you are playing a whole new game and tell us what it is
That would be mostly FFXI, and sometimes Toontown.
or you could say that you are a former EA dev or EA moderator or Stratics moderator or reporter or content editor stopping by to say hi

A

ajdown@jp

Still around, but nothing worth logging in for as I have no money (thanks move) and it seems pointless spending hours making money when it's all going to be wiped in a couple of months.

Just waiting for the final day so I can log in and go down with the ship, as it were.

T

Thrill

Yo! I'm still alive and looking foward to seeing everyone before Sunset.

R

Raisin

I'm still semi here. Some days when I feel like it I have the store open while I play wow.
I think I'll open it now actually, I need to collect some more ore. rolleyes:

D

Donavan

Checking the boards each day, but not really playing.

I agree with Pit - since (according to his teacher) all the apples are "yours" to begin with, "taking two away" doesn't change the fact they still belong to you.

20. What was the President's name in 1950? George W. Bush.
That may be what he was called back then - but today, he is called something very different.
:)

F

fire_storm

I still log in occassionally, and even play some, although it gets too depressing and I have to log out. I made an avatar on there and kenava, but haven't played either of them yet. I also made a pirate on Pirates of the Caribbean so I can play with a friend, and I have yet to really play that too :/

I guess I'm just waiting to get into twinity :/

R

Rain Cloud

I'm in game everyday .. now more then ever... rolleyes: taking screenies and trying to find a replacement game till LFancy gets his going. And still playing WoW

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises hand* I'm here!

I login to TSO almost every day and usually stay for a couple hours. I try to get out and see people but if no one is on you can find me hanging out with my pets at the park. I hope to see alot more of you before the end, but I'll be upset if we dont have big crowds the last few days. So BE there!

Lately I've been in Kaneva and SL mostly, and I plan to check out Twinity more now that I'm in. I also plan to let Trishy kill me a bunch of times in FFXI. I still want to try Entropia too.

Thrill!! Dude I been wondering where ya been, YIM me!

M

Munako

i always get internal error when i try to log in! what can i do?

M

miplet

I've only logged in twice since that sad day. I had better get my mental act together if I'm going to finish off the robot factory.

E

elkhartware

Seems like we haven't stood up and said hereish lately.
How about a roll call?

You could just say "yo" if you read this,

• or you could say if you still have a toe in the water with the game
  • or you could say you are in-game 24-7 until the lights go down
  • or you could say that you haven't played TSO in years, but you read today fwiw
  • or you could say that you are playing a whole new game and tell us what it is
  • or you could say that you are a former EA dev or EA moderator or Stratics moderator or reporter or content editor stopping by to say hi
  • or you could say if you are a lurker here on temp boards Stratics
  • or you could say that you just stumbled through a door in the intertube and found this thread and that you have an opinion about corn nuts ....
And then you might want to add something about your personal state of the nation.

Or not.

Really, the possibilities are endless.

For me ...

Aster
Toe in the Water
Looking forward to some end of the world parties
Ready to grill something
Happy about a 3 day weekend!
george ware of wares sales is still on game, but misses all his old friends... guess ill stay on game till the end....

F

fajjaa

Im sure everyone has been just itching to know the answers, here they are. I hope everyone had a great day of Memorialing.

Answers:

1. Yes.
2. One.
3. All of them (12).
4. The beggar is her sister.
5. He can't be buried if he isn't dead.
6. 6
7. No -- because he is dead.
8. They aren't playing each other.
9. 70
10. White. The house is at the North Pole so it is a polar bear.
11. 2
12. 50 cent piece and a nickel. (One is a nickel, the *other* one isn't.)
13. The match.
14. Half-way, then he's running out of the woods.
15. 1 hour.
16. 9
17. None -- Noah took them on the ark, not Moses.
18. Meat.
19. 12
20. The same as it is now.

J

Joel Robert

toe in the water.

RL has been keeping me busy. There's no point in playing AFK anymore, so I only log in when I have time to be present and actively play.

B

boggslane

Here, read here once a day or two. Have not "played" since that terrible day.

Funny, I was worried about my lava lamp completion certificates...how trivial.

Still planning barn burning parties to tear down my properties all over TSO.

Checked out Second Life, made myself look like a ridiculous anime hooker, still trying to learn how to drive a car. Checked out Entropia, eh.... I guess I really want a game with nudity, like Conan.:eek:

C

Claudia MacCloud

:) :) :) :) :) :)

:::yells and raises hand ::::: IM HERE!!

The temp stratics is my second home, and ive been here almost everyday since it came back to life..

I just had my tonsils out on the 27th, and been home and healing in and out of sleep, in between eating many many many many many (LOL did i mention MANY ) popsicles...

Has anyone ever wondered how many diff flavors there are ....?
LOL, ive tried the following

Mango, Strawberry, Strawberry/Banana, Banana, Lime, Lima, Pineapple, Pineapple/Passion Fruit, Passion Fruit, Pina Colada, Grape, Orange, BlueBerry, Lemon, Rasberry, Fudge and Banana Cream.... (im sure there are more, but these are the only ones i can find atm.)

I eat all of them like candy atm... Can eat anything solid.. And at this pt they are all Yummy for my Tummy lol... Every 3.5hrs Im eating 2 popsicles at a time.... Sometimes more .... depending on how much my throat is hurting...

Ive also started playing COH/COV before surgery.. And I absolutly love the game. I was up the day before my surgery, until 5am playing, i went from lvl 8 to 16, it was absolutly fun. I like the game better playing w/ a team. Its amazing how many can play and work together to reach a common goal. There are many missions to go on to gain lvls. And the powers you can accumulate after finishing a mission are endless. I cant wait till i get my laptop back from the shop so i can really enjoy the game.. My hero is under Claudia Joy MacCloud. I play Kaneva, and gonna look into SL as soon as I get my laptop back.. LOL if there is a game out there im sure i'll find out soon enough and most likely I can be found under Claudia Joy MacCloud...

Now that I bored ya a bit Great to be back kinda ... Hope all is well !!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

T

TheCookieFamily

Yo Astah Folleh...

I cut my toe off (is that how it goes? It's some Christian saying...my friend told me about it today)

My toes aren't in the WATER!!They're in sandles next to a cold air vent and it sucks!!

When I'm here I'm listening to my favorite songs. Tell Me How I'm S'Pose to Breave Wif No Auh...Auh...

Taking it easy on summer break. Deleting Sims from my iMac. Taking lots of pictures....riding the dune buggy outside...lsitening to my iPod a lot!

We're going to order a super special card for Father's Day...it will have us kid's picture on the front with personalized text inside!!!!! It's getting dark in here...should I turn my lamps on? I might turn on the TV to see if anything's on tonight...

When's Grey's Anatomy on? Tonight? I always forget!
Well...when I'm on American Idol I won't care about Dr. Grey anymore anyways :)

M

Mystery

Yo!

I wandered in out of curiosity to find my account dead and gone...so I guess it's been awhile.

So how is this new EA Land? Still pretty vacant?

I currently play no online PC games...but I have been playing GTA4 in my free time. Which rocks big time.

(formerly know as Mr E)

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
E! Dude how nice to see you!

Its dead now since theres only 2 mo left til close. :( You could call cust svc to have them reactivate your acct if you cant login so you can join in the world end parties, I for one would love to see you. Also were trying to get a simball game going before the end if you'l like to join us theres a post about it in the EA Land forum.

K

Katheryne

Yo!

I wandered in out of curiosity to find my account dead and gone...so I guess it's been awhile.

So how is this new EA Land? Still pretty vacant?

I currently play no online PC games...but I have been playing GTA4 in my free time. Which rocks big time.
E! Long time no see!!!

Niki's right - you should be able to simply log in with your old account, though it's become a really painful process now that key parts of that process are gone. You might be better off re-downloading and installing the game while the download link is still available, or you could try to reason with Customer Service.

EA-Land was actually beginning to show serious promise, and was beginning to have nearly as many players online as it did at the peak of 2003. Unfortunately, in a massive fit of cranial-analitis, the Powers that Be at EA decided that, even though the game was rebounding, it had not met EA's goals by the drop-dead date, and EA issued the 90-day notice on April 30th. The game is now in an as-is state until they pull the plug on August 1st.

M

Mystery

or you could try to reason with Customer Service.
Yeah I think I will avoid that, that sounds painful. I may very well pop in before the "end of the world" though.

Trishy (miss you)... I see you have moved on to another game. Do the rest of you have plans for a replacement to TSO?