• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roleplaying?

G

I haven't played TSO in months, maybe even years, and I came back the other day to see what has changed. And while yes, a lot has changed, everything still seems to be focused around a skill house or a money house where people just AFK. To me that doesn't seem like any fun... So I was just wondering, is this all TSO is about, or are there groups out there that really do roleplay? And go out to eat at player made restaurants, etc.

P

PB Three

There are lots of things that could be done through improvisation. Such as rent-a-home sort of thing. My great friend and business partner Ryan Solomon is already at it.

Banks, malls (rent-a-stall sort of thing), all sorts of businesses. Even player services (like repairing things for a fee) -- but that would require greatly increasing the NPC repairman's price.
Player services SHOULD be done as it would add more possibilities for earning outside of going to money houses or running a store.

PB Three

C

Caesar Weezer

Yeah I agree everything kinda revolves around the concept of either skilling or making money. But to me, TSO is all about the interaction with other players.

So if you're bored...just chat with other players while skilling. It's more fun than just sitting around bored.

G

You could always try a visit to the safari park !

I'm sure as we see more and more custom content added to the game, we'll also see more of the old fashioned role playing that was popular when the game first started

Polly

P

PB Three

Yes, Polly. That was one unique place -- but I got weirded out by it so I didn't stay very long.

PB Three