• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Roleplayers Booster Pack (OOC)

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you could get items in game that you feel would enhance your roleplay or that of your player town what would they be?

=====

This is a question I was discussing with other GM's on Catskills and we came up with some interesting items.

• Brewery/Distillery/Winery equipment
    The ability to label bottles of beer, wine or liquor

Plaques that can be labeled with an engraving tool

Portable bathing tubs
    Chamber pots or even an old fashioned water closet
    Kitchen sinks, perhaps made by stone masons

Candle making for tinkers

An update to clothing with new items
    Dusters, coats, bodices, top hats

Better Mage Robes, perhaps a different style for each magic school
    Arcane items like pentacles, wands, athame daggers, chalices for an altar

What would you add to the list?

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ability to fill kegs with wine/ale *grins showing one tooth*

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ITEMS
Flushable toilets.
Workable coffins.
Workable beds.

ABILITIES
LAY down. (would be cool to be able to role play death or injuries better, this would help)
JUMP.
CLIMB. (I'd love to be able to climb rocks or trees)

CHANGES
Stop the automatic bending and character turning that happens when you are *hic*cupping, at least when sitting down.

Loving the idea to have "private label" bottles and be able to fill kegs ... ;)

*work in progress*

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss how we used to be able to create uniforms for our guild and function with them on the field. So I propose the ability to alter armor and clothing to other armor/clothing types that use the same slot. How often do people run around in chain mail or ringmail, where are the rp orcs of old, etc? I am tired of looking more like someone heading to the beach with my glasses then a Knight into battle.

For instance: Change glasses into a nose helm - it retains properties of the glasses but is altered into a nose helm.

The ability would require both tinkering which is used to repair glasses and blacksmithing which is require to make a Nose helm. The item would have a chance of breaking depending on skill. You would not be able to take a non med piece and turn it into medable piece like a non mage armor helm into a mage's hat. However a med metal piece could be altered into a cloth hat.

Guidelines:
  • Alterations can be made by characters who have achieved the status of grandmaster in the skill that creates/repairs the item being altered as well as the skill that creates/repairs the item being created [Glasses to Hat - Tinker/Tailor]. [Hat to Metal Helm -Tailor/Smith, etc]
  • Altering an item is risky and may cause the item to break - higher skill and talismans reduce the risk.
  • Items can only be altered into items that occupy the same clothing/armor slot
  • Items that are altered can not be enhanced.
  • Items that are altered can not be imbued
  • Items can only be altered once
  • Items that would gain an additional property through the alteration would automatically break - [non med metal helm into a leather cap = break]
  • Items retain all properties (including med) if successful (thus changing a hat into a helm would make the helm with all the hat's properties including mage armor since the hat was medable before alteration)
  • Elven armor (only) and Garg armor (only) would retain the racial requirements
  • Only armor and clothing could be altered in this fashion - not weapons, jewelry, etc

Lore's Player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing something like this has the potential to solve a lot of problems, for them and for us. I don't know why they don't do it. Maybe there is some technical problem we haven't thought of?

-Galen's player

I miss how we used to be able to create uniforms for our guild and function with them on the field. So I propose the ability to alter armor and clothing to other armor/clothing types that use the same slot. How often do people run around in chain mail or ringmail, where are the rp orcs of old, etc? I am tired of looking more like someone heading to the beach with my glasses then a Knight into battle.

For instance: Change glasses into a nose helm - it retains properties of the glasses but is altered into a nose helm.

The ability would require both tinkering which is used to repair glasses and blacksmithing which is require to make a Nose helm. The item would have a chance of breaking depending on skill. You would not be able to take a non med piece and turn it into medable piece like a non mage armor helm into a mage's hat. However a med metal piece could be altered into a cloth hat.

Guidelines:
  • Alterations can be made by characters who have achieved the status of grandmaster in the skill that creates/repairs the item being altered as well as the skill that creates/repairs the item being created [Glasses to Hat - Tinker/Tailor]. [Hat to Metal Helm -Tailor/Smith, etc]
  • Altering an item is risky and may cause the item to break - higher skill and talismans reduce the risk.
  • Items that would gain an additional property through the alteration would automatically break - [non med metal helm into a leather cap = break]
  • Items retain all properties (including med) if successful (thus changing a hat into a helm would make the helm with all the hat's properties including mage armor since the hat was medable before alteration)
  • Only armor and clothing could be altered in this fashion - not weapons, jewelry, etc

Lore's Player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing something like this has the potential to solve a lot of problems, for them and for us. I don't know why they don't do it. Maybe there is some technical problem we haven't thought of?

-Galen's player

Guidelines:

Lore's Player
I like much in Lore's suggestions. There is a lot of the function of the guild as a meaningful tool that we have lost.

Galen I do not know if all armor pieces would be unaffected, but weapons have swingspeeds and damages that are tied to the sprite. Remember when SA came out and just before it released the ability to change just about any human/elf item was stopped for a time. then they allowed armor and for all I know are still working on weapons. There were some serious concerns with some of the alterations specifically regarding artifacts.

I'd like to wear ring again myself, and a kilt or belt instead of that derned apron. And why of why do we have to make color schemes for one group of armors that will not, because of material transfer to others. *shakes head*

Also, I know "we" as in the Devs never revisit anything old, but, How come it was that we could not have customizable tavern keepers? Throwing them in a guild uniform or monks robe or a shroud of shadows would be useful.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was looking at some screenies of Bane in this thread, and wondering why we couldn't have tunics and or sir coats with emblems of some sort. There is a lot of detail in that cloak.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the idea of toggle spells like polymorph which I use to RP races that can be assumed using those forms. I also like the disguises, but it would be great to have them as an item that doesn't get in the way of other equipment. For instance, if those disguises were usable via earrings, we could create a whole slew of different creatures to use as villains or other extras in our events.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would favor an expansion in the vein of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar.

The ashes of Britannia still smoulder in the wake of the War of Pride. The people are forlorn. Famine grips the landscape. Feudal barons duel for power in the vaccum that has erupted. It is in this harsh and unforgiving period a Prophet emerges who calls the survivors to embrace the Virtues and restore Britannia.

The Quests and Powers associated with the Britannian Faith could be derived from the aforementioned title implemented in a Darker and Edgier Fictional Universe.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...a Darker and Edgier Fictional Universe.
:lol:

Sorry, was imagining Cal or Mark writing "dark, edgy" fiction.

They'd make Minax goth.. Oh, wait, they did that...

They'd make Virtuebane a big, mustache twirling, cape wearing cliché... Oh, right, they did that too.

Hmm. Maybe they will bring back Exodus and have him play a game of Global Thermonuclear War against a teen prodigy...

Perhaps bring Blackthorn back from the dead as a zombie cyborg that just wants to be loved? Damn pitchfork-wielding townspeople....

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sofas and loveseats; color-able and different styles! Throw in dining room tables! :D I am loving the Brewery ideas too!

And I second the notion that we should be able to LAY DOWN in a bed (or in my case a coffin!). :thumbup: