• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vesper

Roleplaying the free peoples of Vesper

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
RP
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Roleplay Beginners Guide

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Useful Keys

Global chat = Comma ,

Party = Forward Slash /

Guild chat = Back slash \

Alliance Chat = Shift + Back slash \

Emote = Shift + Colon + Space.

Whisper = Semi Colon + Space

Guild Titles

To set your guild titles in game using the Classic client, you simply click on your character in the game window once which brings up a menu. You then click on Open titles menu. On the left hand side click on overhead name, then guild, click the guild tag and then click apply at the bottom right.

Then you do the same again but click on subtitle on the left hand side, then guild, then your guild title and click apply again at the bottom right.

Language

When roleplaying you should use clear full english. You SHOULD NOT use abbreviations such as wtf, omg, lol or smiley faces. You should use emotes to emote smiling, grinning and so forth.

For Example:

"Wtf bro, i will pwn ur ass" IS NOT ALLOWED

"What the hell! I'll knock yer on yer ass!" Is how you should say it.

Line of Sight

When playing your character you would see exactly what your character can see as if your character was you in real life. So your character cannot see through walls or round corners. You would not be able to see enemies approaching sitting inside a building without being next to a window for example.

Knowledge

Your character only knows what he/she is told in game or finds out themselves through in game activities. Your character would not know information they are told Out of Character over ICQ or over guild/global/party chat etc. Your character also does not know the name of someone without being told their name. So you WOULD NOT read peoples tags above them and automatically know their name. If someone is in disguise you WOULD NOT know what guild they are from unless your character already knows them personally.

Power Playing

You CANNOT just run around emoting throwing people around and forcing people to do things, you must attempt to carry out this actions and you can only carry out actions that from a roleplay perspective are humanly possible.

So for example YOU CANNOT emote *Throws him across the room and out the window*, you would have to emote *Attempts to throw him backwards* then if successful move over and emote *Tries to pick up and shove him out the window*.

You also CANNOT emote *Watches dave slap the barmaids arse* if Dave hasn't done this himself. This is power playing and trying to force characters to do actions they aren't actually doing.

Godmode

Your character WILL NOT have any stupid overpowered abilities or traits. He/she will be a mortal human/gargoyal/elf or whatever race your playing. You WILL NOT for example be all knowing, you will not be invincible, you will not be able to kill someone with a click of a finger and so forth.

Respect

Always be respectful of other players. If you wish to take someone prisoners for a while then just party them quickly and see if they have time for it. Always give options to people such as taking them prisoner or just given them a swift beating if they can't stick around.

Treat others how you would want to be treated.

Injuries and Emotions

If your character becomes injured such as just after a battle if you were downed or if you sustained an injury during capture or other means then you should roleplay your character with that injury. For example if your character has broken his hand they he wouldn't be able to wield a giant 2 handed axe.

Also roleplay your characters emotions properly. No one is fearless. If you are alone surrounded by 9 enemies then anyone in real life would be intimidated by that. You wouldn't just charge at them crazily unless you were drunk.

When playing my character Escaflowne, if he is in full armour with his 2 hellcats then I will defend myself against probaly a maximum of 5 people. But if I'm without my hellcats or just in normal clothes, I would not engage even 3 people without armour and would simply surrender to them.