• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Role Player seeking others

• Thread starter SilverPlumeria
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SilverPlumeria

Greetings. This will probably be my only out of character thread if I continue on this server.

I have recently acquired an account with all characters here, and after some observance have noticed there is not much by way of actual role play on this server, or is that community a close-knit hidden society on Napa? Is there any interest in role play here, or should I continue with my plans to x-fer to another shard.

Opinion pertinent to the role play aspect of this community would be appreciated. Please keep trolls and spam away - I do not like either.

Thank you.

G

I could just be bias, but i believe there to be alot of older roleplayers still on Napa, and still some pretty decent role playing guilds. The thing is, as UO as grown older, alot of people moved onto other games, and several servers have become less populated. Once you get in with some good people I think you'd like it here. Theres more places to hunt, and more room for houses, I can even get you a 17x17 plot in trammel fairly secluded and no real spawn. Hope you decide to stay, we could use more players.

G

*reading over the post he tilts his head slightly to one side for a moment and scrawls at the bottom...*

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

S

SilverPlumeria

And you're right, Rogal. However a king without a court is no king. A role playing game without a role playing community is just another game on the internet. Are there others on Napa or is my friend (whom I believe you know) accurate in her recent statements to me?

G

IMHO The onus is as much or more on the role player as the community. I am not an RPer ... however I spent nearly a full hours a few months ago doing just that with a gentleman I stumbled upon at the Brit Smithy (who was offering free armor repairs no less!) When he spoke to me in character, I naturally responded in like. Take that at whatever value.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And you're right, Rogal. However a king without a court is no king. A role playing game without a role playing community is just another game on the internet. Are there others on Napa or is my friend (whom I believe you know) accurate in her recent statements to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would depend on what she said. I cannot make an educated reply without the details but I can give you my opinion.

Role Play on Napa is in sad decline and has been for some years. There are a few that still RP here but I think the glory days are over. You might be able to gather a few to form an RP guild if you looked around but as far as I know most of the afore mentioned RPers are already in guilds.

G

Napa Valley used to have a large RP community awhile back, long before AoS and shortly after. I was in V*C (Vampires of Carafax) for several years, and we were RP Vampires that PvPed/PKed. Today, most of the RP guilds are either gone or long dormant, as are most of the RPers. There are very few of us left that remember the oldschool RP days of Napa, and know that RP is not just "Talking the talk", it's also "Walking the walk".

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Roleplay is dead. Do not even try to kid yourself otherwise.

G

I roleplay ingame...forums there isnt' any use in it. Most can't fathom what has been said.

That and there is always some evil character that only emotes *Smirkles*

S

SilverPlumeria

<blockquote><hr>

only a fraction of napa players read/post here

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there another central location that Napa players communicate on?

<blockquote><hr>

but as far as I know most of the afore mentioned RPers are already in guilds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which guilds are that? Are they accepting new members? Where are their haunts?

<blockquote><hr>

---and know that RP is not just "Talking the talk", it's also "Walking the walk".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I understand that very well, which is why I do not intend on participating much on forums. This is a query to poll the existing community in whatever venues I can find. My friend recommended (that if I must) I look here in the Stratics fourms.

<blockquote><hr>

Roleplay is dead. Do not even try to kid yourself otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is so dead, then why come here? Actually, that is a question I asked myself this afternoon.

<blockquote><hr>

I roleplay ingame...forums there isnt' any use in it. Most can't fathom what has been said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am beginning to understand that.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If it is so dead, then why come here? Actually, that is a question I asked myself this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why me, or why you? Hell I'll answer both. For you, come because you seek RP. But if you're seeking "the Napa RP", I promise that you will only find frustration. For me, Napa is my home and will always be so, whether I choose to roleplay or not.

I

imported_Stargazer

Maybe it's time the Dark Lord turned His eye upon Britannia once more...

S

SilverPlumeria

<blockquote><hr>

For you, come because you seek RP. But if you're seeking "the Napa RP", I promise that you will only find frustration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I choose the former. The latter is just perspective and dictated by those involved.

I think I have made my decision. Thank you everyone for your responses.

J

Just Because

About this time every year I get hit with a bought of nostalgia. I turn on an account and try to set up a character just to role play with since I simply don't have time or the freedom to sit down and play the game. And, every time, I'm reminded that this isn't the right environment for that playstyle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!