• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Detect Hidden] Rogue - Why are some [Trapped] text different colors?

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Been working on detecting hidden and was noticing sometimes when I use the skill on a chest, crate or keg the color of the words [Trapped] will very.

Colors range from green, light blue and I think purple?

At first I was thinking that certain types of containers were showing a specific color but that is just not the case. I have seen where crates / boxes tend to show green text and wooden chest seem to be green or light blue and then the metal chest can be green, light blue and a purple-ish color? And if you target the same container over and over who knows if the colors change again.

Anyhow, anyone know why this is or what to give their idea on why it is?

We wish you good fortune on the adventures to come.
Frederick

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
From UOGuide.com

In the classic client only the 3 types of container traps are displayed with a colored “[trapped]” message when detected.
  • Purple for explosion traps
  • Blue for dart traps or dart & explosion traps
  • Green for poison traps, poison & dart traps, poison & explosion traps or poison & dart & explosion traps

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Find!

I didn't see that on UO Guide so thank you very much for sharing.

001.png

002.png

003.png

We wish you good fortune in the adventures to come,
Frederick