• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rogue in raids

G

So I've gotten to Nef now with my main guild and have started to get some experience with high-level encounters. What I wonder is if the end-game raiding is becoming more "rogue-friendly" if such a thing exist? I'm fed up with the melee hostility in WoW, so far rogues are the most expendable class, the least needed and lowest on priority lists when forming raids.

Is it looking better in AQ40 and onward or is it the same over and over?

D

Duskmourn

Let me give you some reassurance. My guild does Naxxramas, kills 11 bosses.
Rogues are a huge huge HUGE asset on just about every boss in Naxxramas. The only expendable bosses I can think of is Grobbulus and I guess Faerlina could be done without, but it would be much harder.

Rogues Endgame will be fine.

A

afterburned

The high end guilds I know uses 5-7 or more rogues for that DPS. Especially for their first encounter to a naxx or AQ40 boss. One guild brought in 10 rogues, some of them outside of their guild for their first encounter with twin emps. They want to down them with as much DPS as they can so they can master the fight much easier that way.

The greatest advantage a rogue will have over any other DPS class is the ability to reduce their aggro or lose it all by vanishing AND to have consistently high sustained damage in extremely long fights.