• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] rock

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks exactly like plain granite, but it says "Rock"

what is it, where does it come from?

thanks for the help!

K

kray2s

Im guessing you have NOT got the stealable one (one rock has an arty level on it doesnt it??) i think there was also a stealable or pickable rock from somewhere else! Buccs den is coming to mind for some reason

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, kray, nothing at all like the stealables... it is the very same graphic as plain granite, but it is simply labeled 'Rock', with no artie number or anything

I do not have it, was brought to me last nite with the question.... found on a vendor, amazing enough not a Luna vendor :D and bought for, I think he said, 10k.... I thought perhaps it was that problem where items sometimes do not show their correct name, but he's had it for a week and we set it down and he picked it back up.... no change, it still said simply 'Rock'

I know there are new 'Plate of Food' stealables (well, not steal, just take), does anyone know of any other new stuff, perhaps? or is there some other explanation for this?

Cook_Oce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are from Pub56. When the weights of granites got changed, 'Rock', the same graphic, in orc caves got unlocked for 2-3 days.
There were 3 rocks each in Fel and Tram and in every shard which could have been collected. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, less than twenty rocks per shard of this type? does that qualify as rares, guys, and if so, what value would you place on them?

thanks for all the help! I was truly puzzled by this :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wonders what the odds are that I would randomly wander into this forum and find a question I can answer*

I collected those from the orc cave for a couple of weeks not realizing they were new - they don't decay, so for a month and a half I had a "rock" wall around my Minoc moongate house (40 or so rocks). Much to my surprise, nobody looted them - so one day for fun I posted in a U.Hall thread mentioning them. They didn't last long after that :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a couple of weeks? :D well, that shoots down the rarity question, doesn't it? I really need to start paying attention....

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://pics.livejournal.com/maplestone/pic/000082t6

( actually, it's not true that "nobody" looted them - the ends did get nibbled back a little, at the time the bug was fixed, the wall completely surrounded them house, but was also around the time of the Hallowe'en event so it was a pretty high-traffic area for people on their way to Vesper graveyard )

sorry for spoiling the rarity :)